E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, I am stumped, any help appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by BLooD
Your all wrong, its high beam assist. I have this and its really smart. Basicly Pjinca pull the high lever until you see the headlight symbol with "A" next to it in the instrument cluster. This enables the high beams to come on when there's no light in front of the car, the camera can sense red and white light so it turns off the high beams when there's a car in front of you on either side of the road.

Thank you Blood, I suspect you are correct. I think it may be one of the least useful features for me, I rarely ever use my highbeams and my lights are always in the "A" position. SoCal drivers do not seem to understand what flashing highbeams means (it means GTFO the way).
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by pjinca
Thank you Blood, I suspect you are correct. I think it may be one of the least useful features for me, I rarely ever use my highbeams and my lights are always in the "A" position. SoCal drivers do not seem to understand what flashing highbeams means (it means GTFO the way).
Yes but drive at night down very dark un-lit roads and you will see how useful it is. It will put the high beams on for you when there needed and switch them off in good time so as not to dazzle other road users.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yes but drive at night down very dark un-lit roads and you will see how useful it is. It will put the high beams on for you when there needed and switch them off in good time so as not to dazzle other road users.

LOL, yes, but there are not a lot of unlit roads in SoCal. I think you can see the LA area from space easily at night
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

SoCal drivers do not seem to understand what flashing highbeams means (it means GTFO the way).
There's a lot of NorCal drivers that don't know that either.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

LOL, yes, but there are not a lot of unlit roads in SoCal. I think you can see the LA area from space easily at night
Hey Bro i think u need to take ur NEW ! ,,,, 5 fitty.. for a nite drive,,, with ur lady,, to Mt Baldy and try out ur high beam assist.. and kick it at Mt Baldy lodge....... I take nite drives to the mountains all the time... and have to manually lower my high beams for on coming traffic.. it sucks having to do that will cornering... i think thats a cool feature,, wish i had that....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport 1998 M3

Here in Texas we all know exactly what it means. Since we don't have left lane for passing only laws here, though, the response usually is "I'll GTFO the way when I damn well please, and just because you flashed your lights, I'm going to take my sweet time about it, if at all". People here don't flash their lights for passing, though, having learned that it's counterproductive, and it is considered rude behavior by most. Occasionally there will be somebody with out of state plates that hasn't learned yet, and it's kinda funny to see how pissed they get (especially the foreign diplomat types).

Last edited by Stephen Max; 02-04-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

So ,,, out of curiosity...... i went into the garage and took a look at my rear veiw miror,,,, andto my suprise !! there it is !! the high beam assist sensor LOL ! ive had my car for five years andnever noticed it was there. ha ha. so wanted to say thanks pjinca.... ( good find ombray! ) and Blood for the explanation on how to activate it ,,,,

Last edited by H F; 02-04-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by H F
So ,,, out of curiosity...... i went into the garage and took a look at my rear veiw miror,,,, andto my suprise !! there it is !! the high beam assist sensor LOL ! ive had my car for five years andnever noticed it was there. ha ha. so wanted to say thanks pjinca.... ( good find ombray! ) and Blood for the explanation on how to activate it ,,,,
LOL, no problem, I "discovered" it while detailing my car this weekend. Originally I thought it was for Adaptive Cruise control, but that sensor (according to the manual) site in the bumper, so does Night Vision. Lane Departure sits in the same spot but you would also have a button either on the steering wheel (where the "star" button is) or on the dash to the right of the light switch. I didn't have these buttons so I couldn't figure out why the camera was there. Luckily Blood chimed in (along with some friends on FB - Thanks Gene, Eric).