E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak and auto lights won't turn off..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

Noticed some oil on my garage floor. I put the car on ramps and found oil soaked on a plastic bar in the middle front of the protective apron. Does anyone know what this black plastic bar does? Oil isn't flowing out but it still bothers me..looks like it's back to the dealer. The right control arm looks like it's wet from oil as well. BAre in mind that wehn i brought her in to get fixed a week ago, they needed to replace the diverter valve b/c of an increased emissions warning....could this have an effect?

I was gonna try to wait it out to bring her in to address my automatic lights not wanting to turn themselves off, but i guess this will give me that chance.

My front brakes have 7k miles left on them, my car has 41k, and the warranty is up in march.....it'll be close, but i'm hoping i can get a brake job under the maintenance plan. Anyone know if they will only change them if the sensors say, or is there any wiggle room if i'm say within a thousand miles or so??

thanks,
will
Old 11-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by lospice1' post='729633' date='Nov 24 2008, 01:08 AM
Noticed some oil on my garage floor. I put the car on ramps and found oil soaked on a plastic bar in the middle front of the protective apron. Does anyone know what this black plastic bar does? Oil isn't flowing out but it still bothers me..looks like it's back to the dealer. The right control arm looks like it's wet from oil as well. BAre in mind that wehn i brought her in to get fixed a week ago, they needed to replace the diverter valve b/c of an increased emissions warning....could this have an effect?

I was gonna try to wait it out to bring her in to address my automatic lights not wanting to turn themselves off, but i guess this will give me that chance.

My front brakes have 7k miles left on them, my car has 41k, and the warranty is up in march.....it'll be close, but i'm hoping i can get a brake job under the maintenance plan. Anyone know if they will only change them if the sensors say, or is there any wiggle room if i'm say within a thousand miles or so??

thanks,
will
I've read here that there is some wiggle room with mileage for a whole bunch of maintenance related jobs. I tried searching but nothing came up. I was wondering if the original poster would please post the list again?