E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!!! Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Bmw 550i sport
Default PLEASE HELP!!! Need advice

So this indy shop has had my 08 550i for 2 months now. Just got a call from them the other day saying my 3rd party warranty is not going to cover the claim.

My car originally went in for an oil leak which the warranty covered. The shop said the engine was making a noise at a certain rpm (don't remember the number) immediately after the oil leak was fixed. They wanted to find out why the engine was making the noise. The warranty and I gave them the green light to find the problem. That was 2 months ago smh. The shop took my engine apart to find the problem. Now they saying my engine is no good. The warranty asked for oil change receipts, I service my car at this shop all the time but they don't give receipts (red flag). So the shop ended up making up receipts hoping the warranty would accept it but no!! The warranty is saying their not covering the job because the receipts don't match up to what they have on file for the car. So now I don't have an engine!!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 293 Likes on 282 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

How many miles on the car. Have them put it back together and have the warranty people pay because they said they would cover the break down. Then drive it to BMW and have them look at it. If they tell you, you need a new engine then fight to have them replace it. It is an 08. 2 years out of warranty. They should cover it. At least half or three quarters. its worth a shot. You have nothing to loose.

Your first priority is to have your 3rd party cover the break down and put back together.
Secondly getting BMW to fix it. but when you get in there act like you do not know what is wrong and let them diagnose and come up with the solution. They have a thing called good will warranty make them cover the charge.

A lesson learned about 3rd party. Cheaper is not better always get it with the dealership or your insurance company
Old 03-14-2015, 11:02 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Bmw 550i sport

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
How many miles on the car. Have them put it back together and have the warranty people pay because they said they would cover the break down. Then drive it to BMW and have them look at it. If they tell you, you need a new engine then fight to have them replace it. It is an 08. 2 years out of warranty. They should cover it. At least half or three quarters. its worth a shot. You have nothing to loose.

Your first priority is to have your 3rd party cover the break down and put back together.
Secondly getting BMW to fix it. but when you get in there act like you do not know what is wrong and let them diagnose and come up with the solution. They have a thing called good will warranty make them cover the charge.

A lesson learned about 3rd party. Cheaper is not better always get it with the dealership or your insurance company
Car has 103k. Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'll definitely give it a shot.