E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Oil change every 7,000 miles overkill?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by whentmets' post='395336' date='Feb 25 2007, 07:03 AM
I will stick around to see your post of the blown gasket
BTW being new in a forum has nothing to do with car experience or how many BMWs I had in my life.
Please lighten up, one feud at a time on this forum is enough.
cheers
vern
PS looks like there always picken on us Jersey guys
Old 02-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Overkill is a subjective thing.

My BMW service tech swears by the 15k service, while my local trusted indy swears it should be done at 7500 miles.

Who really knows if one is right and one is wrong....?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by vern' post='395482' date='Feb 25 2007, 03:18 PM
Please lighten up, one feud at a time on this forum is enough.
cheers
vern
PS looks like there always picken on us Jersey guys
By the way, I hadnt realized that I was in the midst of a real life feud. I just figured Vern and I were two guys that simply didn't get along, and that we would both be better served by simply ignoring one another. I figured that after the past few days of ignoring his posts, it would be behind us.

But a feud....WOW. That's almost exciting...

So, what's the plan now that we're officially "feuding"? Will you just continue to stalk my posts, keeping call me names, using profanity, things like that....or should I expect more? Maybe toilet paper in my trees, egging my house, or even setting a bag of dog poop on fire on my porch?

Or will the "feud" go even worse, to putting things in my gas tank or killing my dog?

Quite honestly, I havent the time or interest in a feud, but the thought was mildly amusing there for a second. I'm just here to learn what I can about this car, not to give anyone their intellectual jollies sparring between posts.

- Lawguy

PS - I have nothing against you for being a Jersey guy. The best man in my wedding was from Colts Neck, and my fraternity little brother was from Rumson - both Jersey guys through and through - and both remain amongst my best friends.

To be honest, the fact is that I dont care for you is mainly because you're rude, saracastic and you're quick to offer criticism, but yet to offer any thoughtful advice, at least that I've seen.

And, your use of the Queen's language is deplorable. Your geographical location matters not.

Flame away as you wish.

Cheers.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by KAF' post='395449' date='Feb 26 2007, 02:36 AM
The time to worry is when your oil looks clean after a few thousand miles.....or in the case of a diesel 2 miles !!
what do you mean worry when it is clean?
I thort that cleaner oil mean engine is in tip top, and black oil mean OMG need a new engine.
just checked my and the oil is half clean so it is doing it job well, this is over 5 months now or about 4k miles
Old 02-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Guys, through 3 pages, I haven't said anything. Haha, even though I started this thread!

Get back on topic. People who change oil at 7500, what oil do you use?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='395562' date='Feb 26 2007, 08:45 AM
Overkill is a subjective thing.

My BMW service tech swears by the 15k service, while my local trusted indy swears it should be done at 7500 miles.

Who really knows if one is right and one is wrong....?
well there is no right or wrong,
it all depends on if you going to keep the car for a long time and loving and caring it.
so a oil change at 7500 mile will at lest keep the engine in tip top
I know some of my frends don`t change oil until the light turns on but that is OK just world not be in tip top most of the time.
and 1 more thing that I knotis is after changing oil I get more MPG out od it
Old 02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Contributors

I use this Lubrolene REVO G-SPEC

http://www.lubrolene.co.jp/car_products3.html#G
Old 02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='395565' date='Feb 25 2007, 08:20 PM
By the way, I hadnt realized that I was in the midst of a real life feud. I just figured Vern and I were two guys that simply didn't get along, and that we would both be better served by simply ignoring one another. I figured that after the past few days of ignoring his posts, it would be behind us.

But a feud....WOW. That's almost exciting...

So, what's the plan now that we're officially "feuding"? Will you just continue to stalk my posts, keeping call me names, using profanity, things like that....or should I expect more? Maybe toilet paper in my trees, egging my house, or even setting a bag of dog poop on fire on my porch?

Or will the "feud" go even worse, to putting things in my gas tank or killing my dog?

Quite honestly, I havent the time or interest in a feud, but the thought was mildly amusing there for a second. I'm just here to learn what I can about this car, not to give anyone their intellectual jollies sparring between posts.
- Lawguy

PS - I have nothing against you for being a Jersey guy. The best man in my wedding was from Colts Neck, and my fraternity little brother was from Rumson - both Jersey guys through and through - and both remain amongst my best friends.

To be honest, the fact is that I dont care for you is mainly because you're rude, saracastic and you're quick to offer criticism, but yet to offer any thoughtful advice, at least that I've seen.

And, your use of the Queen's language is deplorable. Your geographical location matters not.

Flame away as you wish.

Cheers.
You say what feud and you write a post like you did,Lawguy,Lawboy or clerk or what ever you are get over it . If the Queens language is deplorable or not,whatever who cares. Tomorrow when you get to the office don't forget to clean up, you know sweep the floor, take ot the trash that kind of stuff. In my mind the only thing you can be is a clerk , you couldn't shine a lawyers shoes the way you come across in you posts againest me and posibably others. Sleep tight
cheers
vern
Old 02-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='395571' date='Feb 26 2007, 10:00 AM
Guys, through 3 pages, I haven't said anything. Haha, even though I started this thread!

Get back on topic. People who change oil at 7500, what oil do you use?
Haha... I do find this funny though, but by far this is the best forum though there are some bad eggs in the basket.

Anyways, the shop I go to now uses some kind of a racing oil, weight 10w50. Not sure though I will let you know what brand it is and what is the exact weight next time.

The oil is very good, the engine is quieter after the change. But power is the same though.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

you're right. this thread is funny. very funny.
Your engine is more quiet now because it has 6.5l of oil not 2.5. Also, trust me there is no oil on planet earth that will make your engine more powerful.

Sorry to the rest of the guys in this forum, but although I had promised to myself not to respond to this tread again, I couldn't resist.

LoL...

Quick Reply: Oil change every 7,000 miles overkill?