E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Obvious features missing from the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wees75' post='499641' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:15 PM
I have the 550i with comfort access and comfort seats... the seat, the steering wheel and the lumbar support all split apart once i open the door to get out of the car... BMW did not miss that , yet i guess they made it an option for us to pay $$$ for.... I think what they missed is to make the PDC go on automatically once you go at speeds lower than 20Km/hr as sometimes you would want to park your car without going backwards (if space permits) and without manually switch it on!!
+1 regarding the PDC. There are times when you are pulling forward into a parking spot (in a garage for example) and shouldn't have to turn the PDC on manually to activate it.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Smoke screen and oil slick, with machine guns from the lights?

[Okay, so I watch a bit too much Bond...]

I wish the "reminder bell" was a bit louder when I leave the lights on in the morning. I don't like the "auto" setting, as I prefer to put on the parking lights & fogs. Invariably, I leave them on a couple of times a week.

I'd love a few more inches of rear legroom, but that would make the car a 7 series, eh?

I would say its an amazingly complete car, at least in my humble opinion.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

My apologies, but I'm too sorry to read all of the updates to this subject so maybe someone has mentioned this.

I would like to see the PDC sensors aimed lower (or maybe adjustable) so we could "see" curbs and parking lot bumpers.

Not sure I agree with my ATL neighbor, stanatl. If they were not manual they must be auotmatic (always on) and I would have a real problem at nearly every traffic light.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='498326' date='Nov 24 2007, 02:10 AM
3. I know RTTI is on the 2007's and up but this could be expanded to include more information such as weather (live weather map)
My car has this feature - in the brochure it was called 'Windows'.
When you look at any pane of glass in the car the real-time weather conditions are displayed in full panorama.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='501603' date='Dec 1 2007, 08:39 PM
My apologies, but I'm too sorry to read all of the updates to this subject so maybe someone has mentioned this.

I would like to see the PDC sensors aimed lower (or maybe adjustable) so we could "see" curbs and parking lot bumpers.

Not sure I agree with my ATL neighbor, stanatl. If they were not manual they must be auotmatic (always on) and I would have a real problem at nearly every traffic light.
That's a valid point about the PDC at traffic lights behind other vehicles. I will check but I believe you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='499690' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:50 PM
Smoke screen and oil slick, with machine guns from the lights?

Since you want to get all high tech... I always wondered how cool it would be if projector beam HIDs could double as plasma cannons like the ones used by battle mechs.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003, Passat W8 Station Wagon.

08 535xi

Add green indicator (turn) lights to HUD. Useless to have them on dashboard and hidden behind the steering wheel.
Get rid of the warning on the drive screen (I read it once & don?t need to read and wait to finish boot up each time I start the engine)
Put the instructions on the electronic turn signal in the manual. This forum got the trick and many users of BMW?s flash right /left incessantly as they try to cancel the turn signal
Heated front window. Even the Mini has it as an option for God?s sake
Auto starter (for winter). After market option only.
Satellite Radio In Canada not yet avail. Stupid to only have it pre-wired ...BMW needs to get its act together and fix the French / Canadian content issue and get it licensed.

Apart form that it?s a perfect car (and seats supports and steering move when door open)
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 Monaco Blue 530xi, Navigation, HUD, Premium Pack, Cold Weather, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, Satellite, Logic7, Rear Side Airbags, PDC

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='497863' date='Nov 22 2007, 03:59 PM
I would like an engine temperature gauge. I like to treat the engine gently when cold so I would find this useful.
I found out (from reading this forum, and then the manual) that the hash marks for the upper tachometer 'red zone' will increase as the engine warms up. It is a bit indirect and subtle.

I'd like to have more convenient places to store a cellphone and sunglasses. Keeping frequently used items in the center bin and/or the driver's door pocket gets old; my Lexus perhaps has gotten me spoiled for creature comfort...

Another item on the wishlist includes ability to search Point of Interests in the Nav (too clunky to use the current 'information on destination').
Old 12-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by scooterdog' post='505286' date='Dec 10 2007, 10:18 PM
I'd like to have more convenient places to store a cellphone and sunglasses. Keeping frequently used items in the center bin and/or the driver's door pocket gets old; my Lexus perhaps has gotten me spoiled for creature comfort...

Another item on the wishlist includes ability to search Point of Interests in the Nav (too clunky to use the current 'information on destination').
1.) Sunglasses or phone - either fit in the little tray ahead of the gearshift lever. Besides the phone is bluetooth and can stay in pocket or bag.
2.) Satnav is searchable - but you have to know the category to do a search. It does work well though
Old 12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Do you think BMW is reading this list and taking notes? Perhaps the F10 will have all the features listed here!!

Quick Reply: Obvious features missing from the E60