E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Obvious features missing from the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='497881' date='Nov 22 2007, 10:56 PM
I would like a trunk that only opens when the car is unlocked. It happened several times now that I am sitting on my couch and inadvertedly open the trunk. Of course I will only notice later. I've made it a habit to check whether the trunk is still closed.
(And I like the option to open the trunk with the fob so much, that I do not want to lock the trunk with the key on a daily basis)

That feature is on UK cars. Too many people were locking the car keys in the trunk
Old 11-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='498144' date='Nov 23 2007, 11:16 AM
1. Lights that come on when set to Auto AND the wipers are active.
The lights do come on in these situations. You just need to wait for about 5 cycles of the wipers before they activate.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by ipp' post='497793' date='Nov 22 2007, 09:54 AM
Mine does that, at the same time as it loosens up the seat's side bolsters.

Mine does that too...but only when I shut the car and remove the key. Won't do it when the car is stopped - but with engine running.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Standard guage package, and an oil dipstick! I change my own oil (and will be doing every other change as I think BMW's interval is too long between changes) and that dipstick would be very handy!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

Removal of the little door to the "coin" storage compartment that is just below the start/stop button. It has caused me many sore knees.

Synchronization between the on board systems eg bluetooth and NAV system so that an address could be selected from the phone memory.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by schwim' post='497795' date='Nov 22 2007, 12:58 PM
Interesting. I wonder if this is part of a package or something the newer models have? Anyone with an '04 545i that moves the steering wheel/seat when the car is in park and/or the door is open?
I have the same year and model, and it does move. Oddly, I seem to have a loaded car, but no lumbar support I see that is in the manual, just not on my car.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Contributors

POWER FOLDING MIRRORS LIKE ON THE 33O.. A NAV SYSTEM THATS EASYER TO USE .... AND BRING BACK THE SMG FOR THE 08 5ERS.....
Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

One thing I really think is missing is the ability for the enthusiast/do-it-yourself type to interface with the car's computer system with a PC, for the purpose of custom applications in iDrive, performance tweaks, etc. They should really release a software development kit so third parties can extend the features of the car's systems.

I find it abhorrent that we are so locked in to going to the dealer. The complexity and lock-in of these cars almost makes them throw away after the warranty is up. Problems outside of warranty seem like they'll be far too expensive to make long term ownership feasible for most. Nevertheless, I plan on keeping mine for a while. We'll see. I might have to give it up in 6 months.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

-Comfort seats are absolutely perfect IMO EXCEPT they need higher thigh bolsters on each side. They have awesome lateral support for everything except the piece that connects you to the gaspedal-the upper leg!

-a built in memory like the new caddy-so you can record sat radio right on the dash and playback later-that would awesome

-one thing I always hated about most bmws was lack of nice looking exhaust tips-for such an upper end car come on! MB, audi, porsche and every other high end company atleast makes their exhaust pipes look nice. Even the 6 series and new 335 tips are fine. But those 2 spindly dull pipes that are teency weency coming out the end of the e60 is ridiculous. I love my remus exhaust sound but the most it did for my car was improve the look of those exhaust tips to some beefier nice looking tips fitting of a 60k car

-optional sunroof-why is that standard equipment-just adds 50 pounds of uneeded weight IMO
Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Does anyone have the know-how of who we could send this list to at BMW? I think a big list from true enthusiasts of stuff they want to see in the next 5er would be helpful to them-not sure if they would be receptive but I cannot see why not.

Anyone interested in this?

Quick Reply: Obvious features missing from the E60