E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Obvious features missing from the E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

An actual pressure readout in the TPMS, not just "Tire Pressure Low/High." For cryin' out loud, my 300M Special had pressure readouts and cost less than half as much as my 550i!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by MDT' post='498088' date='Nov 23 2007, 08:09 AM
I'd like to see a button for the passenger side mirror to turn down that will cancel itself after the car is turned off. I usually like my passenger mirror to stay in the up position when backing out of the garage or down a driveway. When I parallel park, I will switch the mirror control to make the passenger mirror go down. I ususally forget to put the switch back, and next time I start backing out of a driveway or the like, I have to pause and switch the mirror position switch. It would be nice just to have the ability to maybe push down on the mirror position switch (like a button) to temporarily make the passenger mirror tilt down.
What I did to fix this is used the second seat memory function to get the mirror in the exact position i need. so you could set it and just have to hit the number two button to get what you want.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6sp, sport pack, nav, cold pack, active steer.

backup camera
Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Originally Posted by BMDiesel' post='498411' date='Nov 24 2007, 04:56 AM
- black-cockpit (only speed lighted, all else off untill you move near the dash)
My Saab had this feature. If you hit a button, all the radio lights, dash lights, climate control lights, etc. turned off, except for the speedo. It was really cool to drive that way on the highway at night. I had never seen it or heard of it before, but it was cool to have.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

But aren't Saabs lit up like airliner cockpits at night? That's a necessary feature in those cars.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by schwim' post='497789' date='Nov 22 2007, 01:51 PM
Every time I need to get out of the car when it is running I get caught between the steering wheel and seat. Why couldn't they have just made the steering wheel go up/retract when you put the car in park or open the door? Seems like such an obvious thing... Having the seat go back automatically at the same time would be nice too.

Also, the HUD could be put to better use... Having the present gear selection (e.g. D, DS, M*) shown in the HUD would be awesome!

The ability to turn off active steering would be nice too.

What else is missing?
I would like to have the option of getting a rear camera for when going in reverse. It was very helpful in my Lexus. Other things I would appreciate would be having the puddle lights (with CA) come on when you approach the car and not when you grab the door handle, having more storage space (center console/etc.), adjustable thigh bolsters (like the side bolsters) and power folding side mirrors.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

A lot of the stuff you guys are asking for are already on the '08s (550i, at least.) I have power folding mirrors, the puddle lights come on when I unlock the doors, the windows/sunroof can still be opened/closed when I turn the car off, etc.

Comfort access folks, maybe you should use the key fob to unlock the doors at night to get the puddle lights to come on. Not all cars can be a Lexus LS! j/k
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='499276' date='Nov 26 2007, 07:28 PM
A lot of the stuff you guys are asking for are already on the '08s (550i, at least.) I have power folding mirrors, the puddle lights come on when I unlock the doors, the windows/sunroof can still be opened/closed when I turn the car off, etc.

Comfort access folks, maybe you should use the key fob to unlock the doors at night to get the puddle lights to come on. Not all cars can be a Lexus LS! j/k
My puddle lights come on when I unlock the doors also. I'm suggesting that they should come on when you approach to car to light the area around the car before you unlock the door. I don't want my car to be a Lexus, I want it to be a BMW with some of the options that were available on the Lexus.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 550i 2007 M-Kit installed- 367 BHP Sapphire black, comfort seats, comfort access, HUD, Professional Nav, Logic 7.

Originally Posted by schwim' post='497789' date='Nov 22 2007, 08:51 PM
Every time I need to get out of the car when it is running I get caught between the steering wheel and seat. Why couldn't they have just made the steering wheel go up/retract when you put the car in park or open the door? Seems like such an obvious thing... Having the seat go back automatically at the same time would be nice too.

Also, the HUD could be put to better use... Having the present gear selection (e.g. D, DS, M*) shown in the HUD would be awesome!

The ability to turn off active steering would be nice too.

What else is missing?

I have the 550i with comfort access and comfort seats... the seat, the steering wheel and the lumbar support all split apart once i open the door to get out of the car... BMW did not miss that , yet i guess they made it an option for us to pay $$$ for.... I think what they missed is to make the PDC go on automatically once you go at speeds lower than 20Km/hr as sometimes you would want to park your car without going backwards (if space permits) and without manually switch it on!!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport

I am a simple man. All I want for Christmas is 2 cup holders up front that will actually hold a cup. I will even settle for one that holds a Dixie cup.

Quick Reply: Obvious features missing from the E60