E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

new here and got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i

hi everyone, im new here
i got an 2005 e60 530i Automatic..
and i have a few questions about this car because im not a big expert.
there is a touch screen in the car at the middle right ?
there is an any options or i dont know, i need a link for those options thats explains bout them or someone that can explain me some of the "main" options that i need to know in brief.
another question is how can i "give" a good start from place(if my car an automatic) ?
Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 AM
Members

I think the 'screen options' are Navigation, Communication, Radio and Climate.

I dont know what the hell your going on about 'giving' a good start!!??
Old 02-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JLinardi' post='803845' date='Feb 28 2009, 04:11 PM
I think the 'screen options' are Navigation, Communication, Radio and Climate.

I dont know what the hell your going on about 'giving' a good start!!??
yes i meant bout this "screen options", i need a detailed information bout every option( Navigation, Communication and Climate).

i mean for example if you have a bmw 530i Automatic and you wanna check ur best time for 0-100 kmh, so im askin how to give a best start from standing? got it ?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by mfanatic' post='803852' date='Feb 28 2009, 09:28 AM
yes i meant bout this "screen options", i need a detailed information bout every option( Navigation, Communication and Climate).

i mean for example if you have a bmw 530i Automatic and you wanna check ur best time for 0-100 kmh, so im askin how to give a best start from standing? got it ?
If I understand what you're looking for, there's a Stop Watch/Timer option in iDrive that you can start/stop when testing for driving intervals... Not sure if this is what you mean...
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Contributors

FIRST OFF TO THE FORUM... you see the search bar at the top.. that is going to be your best friend for a couple of weeks.... hope you saved your money you will need it...
Old 02-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mfanatic' post='803839' date='Feb 28 2009, 09:02 AM
hi everyone, im new here
i got an 2005 e60 530i Automatic..
and i have a few questions about this car because im not a big expert.
there is a touch screen in the car at the middle right ?
there is an any options or i dont know, i need a link for those options thats explains bout them or someone that can explain me some of the "main" options that i need to know in brief.
another question is how can i "give" a good start from place(if my car an automatic) ?
Thanks

You'll find forum members very helpful. The big screen isn't a touch LCD panel ... when I bought my first BMW w/Nav I thought so too

But, a good place to start is http://www.e60.net/information/ and download a copy of the owner's manual for your car. Keep a copy on your desktop. Also, use the search function on the forum website or you'll bring out the worst in the best on us !
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure if asking for "detailed information on every option" is going to get you much help thats a bit much to ask from people. maybe you should do some research on your own and then ask for some clarifications on particulair items welcome to the forum, everyone is willing to give advice and help but try to be specific when asking questions, it will probably give you a better response
Old 02-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Members

Thanks guys
hmm i mean to do the best acceleration of my car from 0 to 100 kmh, but my car automatic..
how could i "start" ? with pressing brakes pedal and gas pedal ? and then leaving the brakes pedal ?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Members

اهلا و سهلا
Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Welcome to the forum! As pointed out, the screen is NOT a touch screen. I don't think this is a bad thing though. Despite the prevailing opinion here, I actually like the iDrive system and use voice command most of the time.

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy your time here!

Quick Reply: new here and got some questions