E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new e60 owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys im a new e60 owner I picked up an 04 525i and am in love with it. it was the one that was posted on here with the prior designs body kit and a set of 20s.
I already ordered angel eyes hid fogs and 6k low beam upgrades from a member on here...i just had a few questions...

1. My oil dipstick is stuck in...is it supposed to be? any ideas on how to undo this?

2. i tried searching but I cant figure out how? lol sorry im a 2-3 year member on e46fanatics. (owned a jb 01 330ci) and mbworld.org (99 clk 320) i cant fig out how to search on here

3. it says SOS malfunction everytime i turn on the car how can i disable this? I tried connecting using the idrive it just says establishing connection and then it says failed take to nearest bmw dealer...

4. sometimes when i turn the car on the air comes automatically is there anyway i can disable this? I want it off when i turn on the car....

thts it for now thanks again in advance for any help or suggestions! i live in the valley and am down for meets or anything as well if there are any
Old 11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

1. Not sure I think LCI cars don't even have a dipstick but I don't think it should be stuck in.

2. Search is at top right. Easy to see. You blind?

3. Not sure maybe some of our experienced members can chime in on this issue?

4. My car does the same thing. I got fed up and got used to it. Its really annoying especially in the winter. Once again sorry not much help .

Now where are the cool pictures?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:30 AM
New Members

ill post some pics when i get the angel eyes and all the lighting i ordered...i thought the 04 is a pre-lci model
Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I;m guessing ur Amir!

1. My oil dipstick is stuck in...is it supposed to be? any ideas on how to undo this? - Shouldnt be suck. Did u try PB BLasting it?

2. i tried searching but I cant figure out how? lol sorry im a 2-3 year member on e46fanatics. (owned a jb 01 330ci) and mbworld.org (99 clk 320) i cant fig out how to search on here - Upper right hand corner. Don't worry. When ur on a forum for that long, u can overlook many other things on another.

3. it says SOS malfunction everytime i turn on the car how can i disable this? I tried connecting using the idrive it just says establishing connection and then it says failed take to nearest bmw dealer... - U need BMW assist to connect. Ur subscription is out. U must take it to the dealer. If ur lucky, it is the passenger seat mat and it's on a recall.

4. sometimes when i turn the car on the air comes automatically is there anyway i can disable this? I want it off when i turn on the car.... _ Nope. Sorry.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 AM
New Members

yepp cool thanks i took it in for the recall earlier and they fixed it ( i literally bought the car 2 days ago) but the SOS light is still there...thanks for the search yeah i def overlooked tht! cant wait to get the lights bro ill post pics after i get them all on...if u can email me the diy for all of them to so i can get started asap!