5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   new e60 owner (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/new-e60-owner-106207/)

prznskillz 11-04-2010 01:19 PM

hey guys im a new e60 owner I picked up an 04 525i and am in love with it. it was the one that was posted on here with the prior designs body kit and a set of 20s.
I already ordered angel eyes hid fogs and 6k low beam upgrades from a member on here...i just had a few questions...

1. My oil dipstick is stuck in...is it supposed to be? any ideas on how to undo this?

2. i tried searching but I cant figure out how? lol sorry im a 2-3 year member on e46fanatics. (owned a jb 01 330ci) and mbworld.org (99 clk 320) i cant fig out how to search on here

3. it says SOS malfunction everytime i turn on the car how can i disable this? I tried connecting using the idrive it just says establishing connection and then it says failed take to nearest bmw dealer...

4. sometimes when i turn the car on the air comes automatically is there anyway i can disable this? I want it off when i turn on the car....

thts it for now thanks again in advance for any help or suggestions! i live in the valley and am down for meets or anything as well if there are any

aretardedorange 11-04-2010 06:10 PM

:welcome:

1. Not sure I think LCI cars don't even have a dipstick but I don't think it should be stuck in.

2. Search is at top right. Easy to see. You blind? :tease:

3. Not sure maybe some of our experienced members can chime in on this issue?

4. My car does the same thing. I got fed up and got used to it. Its really annoying especially in the winter. Once again sorry not much help :doh:.

Now where are the cool pictures? :coolpics: :coolpics: :coolpics:

prznskillz 11-05-2010 07:30 AM

ill post some pics when i get the angel eyes and all the lighting i ordered...i thought the 04 is a pre-lci model

John@Motorcepts 11-05-2010 07:35 AM

I;m guessing ur Amir!

1. My oil dipstick is stuck in...is it supposed to be? any ideas on how to undo this? - Shouldnt be suck. Did u try PB BLasting it?

2. i tried searching but I cant figure out how? lol sorry im a 2-3 year member on e46fanatics. (owned a jb 01 330ci) and mbworld.org (99 clk 320) i cant fig out how to search on here - Upper right hand corner. Don't worry. When ur on a forum for that long, u can overlook many other things on another.

3. it says SOS malfunction everytime i turn on the car how can i disable this? I tried connecting using the idrive it just says establishing connection and then it says failed take to nearest bmw dealer... - U need BMW assist to connect. Ur subscription is out. U must take it to the dealer. If ur lucky, it is the passenger seat mat and it's on a recall.

4. sometimes when i turn the car on the air comes automatically is there anyway i can disable this? I want it off when i turn on the car.... _ Nope. Sorry.

prznskillz 11-05-2010 07:41 AM

yepp cool thanks i took it in for the recall earlier and they fixed it ( i literally bought the car 2 days ago) but the SOS light is still there...thanks for the search yeah i def overlooked tht! cant wait to get the lights bro ill post pics after i get them all on...if u can email me the diy for all of them to so i can get started asap!