E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i [01/04 build] Titanium Gray Metallic II / Black leather / Poplar Woodgrain / Style 124 Wheels 6SP Manual SP/CWP/PMP/L7 Bluetooth retrofit
Cool

Hey everyone... I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as I'm sure that I'll be around here a bit.

My name is Jason and after a bit of searching, I found a CPO 545i manual in my price range mostly equipped the way that I wanted (missing nav, hud, and bluetooth) and it was actually still available the day that I called. So I put a deposit down on it, filled out the financing paper work and was approved for the special that BMW NA was offering on the '04 545i's last month at 3.9% with BMW Financial making the first 2 payments for me. I checked and they wouldn't set up the financing for a 2 month term.

The car was a lease from the dealership originally and had 46,000 miles when returned. I purchased my airline ticket to the Chicago coming from Dallas and flew up last Friday to take delivery. I was told that it had the Cold weather package with front heated seats, Premium package, and Sport package. Then when I got there I found that it also had the L7 premium sound package w/6 disc changer , I didn't mention that to anyone at the time!

So I took delivery and headed to my hotel to stay the night and dream about driving my new (to me) e60.

I headed out at 8am the next morning and had the TomTom calculate a route for the 900 mile drive back to Dallas, and crank up the volume on the V1. It told me at that time that my ETA was 1:30am. I set out to prove it wrong. About 40 miles outside of Chicago I the traffic starts opening up and I'm able to cruise comfortably around 100 mph and flash brights to clear the way in the left hand lane.

While cruising, I decide that I would take this downtime to activate my BMW Assist account that I had set up while still at the dealer. I press the button and it tells me that I'm not a subscriber, but gives the me option to renew and speak with customer service. They tell me that Assist still thinks that it's under the previous owner and I ask that they correct it. After a bit of back and forth they tell me that there is a problem with the update and that I'm going to have to take the car into a service center when I get home to see about getting the BMW Assist feature looked at.

Feeling pretty comfortable with the car and getting a bit further away from populated areas, I decide that it's time to really open her up. Shift down to 4th and roll onto the throttle. Shift up to 5th a little before 140 and bring it up to an indicated 150 mph, but the TomTom shows 147 then shift to 6th. I might as well be as fuel efficient as I can, right?

She is pretty solid at this speed. I can't help to think that adding a rear wing would aid in sucking the car to the ground just a tiny bit better though and that I really wish that I could remove that electronic governor. (Hmmm, maybe I should find a Dynan dealer... )

Anyway, the drive went off without a hitch, the car RAN great, and I made it home by 10pm instead of 1:30am, take that TomTom!

After driving it for a few days, I scheduled the service appt for the Assist feature. While I have it in there, I'm having them disable the rear compartment side air bags (I have a 6 y/o) and having them look into an issue with the anti-trapping feature of the passenger side front window. I'm wondering if the TCU may be the problem, and if they end up replacing it, maybe I will be able to enable a bluetooth option? Otherwise I think that I may pay to add the CPT9000 cradle and then buy the Bluetooth upgrade module, as I would REALLY like to have the built in hands free setup working. It does have the mic's option and the steering wheel controls already built in.

2004 545i Manual - 51,000 miles
Titanium Gray Metallic II/Black Leather
Build date 01/04 - Service date 2/14/04
Sport/Premium/Cold/L7 audio

Photos - http://www.flickr.com/gp/7474173@N08/95h21E
----------------------------------
Jason
2004 e60 545i manual
2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L
1987 e30 325is
Old 05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Wow, that's the best introduction I've seen.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i [01/04 build] Titanium Gray Metallic II / Black leather / Poplar Woodgrain / Style 124 Wheels 6SP Manual SP/CWP/PMP/L7 Bluetooth retrofit

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='420737' date='May 3 2007, 02:57 PM

Wow, that's the best introduction I've seen.
Just trying to be throrough...

Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Congrats hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. enjoy the forums.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Jason' post='420725' date='May 3 2007, 12:28 PM
Hey everyone... I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself as I'm sure that I'll be around here a bit.

My name is Jason and after a bit of searching, I found a CPO 545i manual in my price range mostly equipped the way that I wanted (missing nav, hud, and bluetooth) and it was actually still available the day that I called. So I put a deposit down on it, filled out the financing paper work and was approved for the special that BMW NA was offering on the '04 545i's last month at 3.9% with BMW Financial making the first 2 payments for me. I checked and they wouldn't set up the financing for a 2 month term.
The car was a lease from the dealership originally and had 46,000 miles when returned. I purchased my airline ticket to the Chicago coming from Dallas and flew up last Friday to take delivery. I was told that it had the Cold weather package with front heated seats, Premium package, and Sport package. Then when I got there I found that it also had the L7 premium sound package w/6 disc changer , I didn't mention that to anyone at the time!

So I took delivery and headed to my hotel to stay the night and dream about driving my new (to me) e60.

I headed out at 8am the next morning and had the TomTom calculate a route for the 900 mile drive back to Dallas, and crank up the volume on the V1. It told me at that time that my ETA was 1:30am. I set out to prove it wrong. About 40 miles outside of Chicago I the traffic starts opening up and I'm able to cruise comfortably around 100 mph and flash brights to clear the way in the left hand lane.

While cruising, I decide that I would take this downtime to activate my BMW Assist account that I had set up while still at the dealer. I press the button and it tells me that I'm not a subscriber, but gives the me option to renew and speak with customer service. They tell me that Assist still thinks that it's under the previous owner and I ask that they correct it. After a bit of back and forth they tell me that there is a problem with the update and that I'm going to have to take the car into a service center when I get home to see about getting the BMW Assist feature looked at.

Feeling pretty comfortable with the car and getting a bit further away from populated areas, I decide that it's time to really open her up. Shift down to 4th and roll onto the throttle. Shift up to 5th a little before 140 and bring it up to an indicated 150 mph, but the TomTom shows 147 then shift to 6th. I might as well be as fuel efficient as I can, right?

She is pretty solid at this speed. I can't help to think that adding a rear wing would aid in sucking the car to the ground just a tiny bit better though and that I really wish that I could remove that electronic governor. (Hmmm, maybe I should find a Dynan dealer... )

Anyway, the drive went off without a hitch, the car RAN great, and I made it home by 10pm instead of 1:30am, take that TomTom!

After driving it for a few days, I scheduled the service appt for the Assist feature. While I have it in there, I'm having them disable the rear compartment side air bags (I have a 6 y/o) and having them look into an issue with the anti-trapping feature of the passenger side front window. I'm wondering if the TCU may be the problem, and if they end up replacing it, maybe I will be able to enable a bluetooth option? Otherwise I think that I may pay to add the CPT9000 cradle and then buy the Bluetooth upgrade module, as I would REALLY like to have the built in hands free setup working. It does have the mic's option and the steering wheel controls already built in.

2004 545i Manual - 51,000 miles
Titanium Gray Metallic II/Black Leather
Build date 01/04 - Service date 2/14/04
Sport/Premium/Cold/L7 audio

----------------------------------
Jason
2004 e60 545i manual
2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L
1987 e30 325is
Jason, I am afraid you are out of luck with the bluetooth. Build date 3/04 and later had the newer BT compatible TCU. Rather than spending $1000 on the CPT9000 and locking yourself into a 7 year old cell phone, spend that money on getting your TCU replaced. Find a good dealer and get your software updated to the latest version while you are at it. Check your tires. Do you have RFs?

Enjoy the car. You are lucky you found the pavement to hit 150. There is no freeway in the LA area that wouldn't have me airborne at those speeds.

PS. Check out My ride in my sig. Same color as yours. You need red reflectors.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='420904' date='May 4 2007, 12:23 AM
Jason, I am afraid you are out of luck with the bluetooth. Build date 3/04 and later had the newer BT compatible TCU. Rather than spending $1000 on the CPT9000 and locking yourself into a 7 year old cell phone, spend that money on getting your TCU replaced. Find a good dealer and get your software updated to the latest version while you are at it. Check your tires. Do you have RFs?

Enjoy the car. You are lucky you found the pavement to hit 150. There is no freeway in the LA area that wouldn't have me airborne at those speeds.

PS. Check out My ride in my sig. Same color as yours. You need red reflectors.
I wasn't planning on getting the CPT phone, just the ejector cradle installed and then the BTUM to emulate that phone. I've got the car in for service on the BMW Assist right now. Hopefully that will get my TCU replaced under warranty *fingers crossed* and I can just have them flip the toggle for BT. We'll see...

I do have the Dunlop Run Flats currently, but I don't imagine replacing them with the same thing again. Will likely move to standard high performance tires after that.