E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help with Modules

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

I need some help locating and changing modules. I already know about the micro power module in the trunk which could be the cause of the radio and screen being dead. I need the headlights working and wipers in order to pass ispection so those are priority as far as I know but I also want to be sure the cooling system is operational so I know it can be driven the inspection site is about 20 minutes away.
Please help me by telling me where to find suspected modules, what module controls what and so forth. Sorry for bambarding you guys but I reallly need your help. It is at a dealer now for diagnostics but I do not intend to have them fix it. Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by Gee_115; 10-20-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 AM
hks
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i Sport

would carry it someone that is familiar with bmws (NOT DEALER). Im sure replacing some of the modules will solve the problem. However, it might be deeper than this because water probably went inside the radio,screen,etc making them unrepairable. Its gonna be a process. Good luck
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

There are more than a few location for these modules. You have an electrical or ebox under the passenger side micro cabin filter that has a couple modules and a fan in it... you also have modules in the passenger floor under the carpeting. These modules are attached to the main wiring harness that runs under that carpet. If you sit in the passenger seat, the modules are located where your knees are if you draw a line straight down.

Do you know if the car actually enterered water or was flooded as the result of a storm, or did the storm drains back up - the reason I ask is that my car is/was "flood" damaged however it was the result of the strom drain under the ebox backing up and resulting in at least an inch of rain water soaking my passenger floor...
My water damage...

Everything for me worked out great. I filed a claim with the insurance company and while I hear my car will never be the same, EVERYTHING was replaced. Carpets, padding, modules sensors etc... the car is like new electronically. Good luck man, and do your research about cleaning the drains - I bet that was part of the issue.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by jaycal3
There are more than a few location for these modules. You have an electrical or ebox under the passenger side micro cabin filter that has a couple modules and a fan in it... you also have modules in the passenger floor under the carpeting. These modules are attached to the main wiring harness that runs under that carpet. If you sit in the passenger seat, the modules are located where your knees are if you draw a line straight down.

Do you know if the car actually enterered water or was flooded as the result of a storm, or did the storm drains back up - the reason I ask is that my car is/was "flood" damaged however it was the result of the strom drain under the ebox backing up and resulting in at least an inch of rain water soaking my passenger floor...
My water damage...

Everything for me worked out great. I filed a claim with the insurance company and while I hear my car will never be the same, EVERYTHING was replaced. Carpets, padding, modules sensors etc... the car is like new electronically. Good luck man, and do your research about cleaning the drains - I bet that was part of the issue.
Thanks, you give me hope. I bought the car like this so not sure about anything.