E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help With A/C pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 05:41 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 525d 177hp y2005
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 2500cc V6 diesel

Originally Posted by Gnortsmralien
Hey Misterpeppe! I wanted to come on here and thank you for your posting and updates on this issue. I was able to find an IHKA from a 2007 530i at my local junk yard and pull the IHKA from it. Unfortunately it did not have the knobs on it for some reason but that didn't interfere with what my plans were. I disassembled my IHKA and the IHKA from the 2007 530i I acquired from the junk yard. I was able to see straight away what the issue was with my IHKA and it lines up with some brief exposure to moisture the car had back in the fall. It appears that the sensor that sits in front of the internal fan that communicates cabin temp and possibly humidity information to the AC system was visibly burnt/corroded. I'm attaching a photo of the bad section of my IHKA motherboard from when I swapped the perfect condition IHKA components over into my IHKA body which was in way better shape than the one I acquired from the junk yard. I cleared the codes and right away the cooling fan stopped running at full speed and the AC system is blowing ice cold just like a BMW should! Thank you all for your help as this is just in time for a hot and humid spring and summer upcoming!

IHKA Damaged Sensor
Hi Gnortsmralien
I'm very very happy!!! This is the right use of a forum! Share to help!!!
​​​
The following users liked this post:
08535 (05-07-2021)
Old 04-21-2023, 08:03 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Talking

Special shout out to Misterpeppe and Seanjordan20!! I just experienced the very same issue on my daily driver a E60 545i with 270,000 original miles. At this mileage and age certain module just start going. I had errors for ac pressure switch, my auxiliary fan was on all the time when I started the car, the ac compressor wouldn't engage although I had it vacuumed, checked for leaks and recharged professionally.... I had a ton of codes for my IHKA, my water valve wasn't working although it was brand new...The local euro shops in central Florida are pure trash, no one knew what to do. I had a hutch it might have something to do with my IHKA module but I said nah it all lights up it shouldn't be the culprit until I read this thread. Thank you all for a complete thread with a problem, and a fix. I hate reading threads on bimmerfest that go no where. I read a bunch of threads for several pages with no updates, or conclusions. Thank you all for this discussion as it was the same very thing that solved my issue. I went to my local BMW scrape yard grabbed a IHKA module out of a 06 530i and voila, no more constantly running aux fan, ac compressor engages, my car now blow ice cold air. No more hot and cold air mixing from vents. So to anyone else who reads this thread, this same solution worked for me. Thank you BMW enthusiast!
"
Misterpeppe (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 298 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Glad you found this thread and solved your problem. That's the one thing I hate also is a thread that leads to nowhere. Sadly we can't force owners to come back and conclude the thread which I think is inconsiderate. They come and get help but say forget everyone else.
habbyguy (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 01:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: 525d 177hp y2005
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 2500cc V6 diesel

Originally Posted by Jaystyles
Special shout out to Misterpeppe and Seanjordan20!! I just experienced the very same issue on my daily driver a E60 545i with 270,000 original miles. At this mileage and age certain module just start going. I had errors for ac pressure switch, my auxiliary fan was on all the time when I started the car, the ac compressor wouldn't engage although I had it vacuumed, checked for leaks and recharged professionally.... I had a ton of codes for my IHKA, my water valve wasn't working although it was brand new...The local euro shops in central Florida are pure trash, no one knew what to do. I had a hutch it might have something to do with my IHKA module but I said nah it all lights up it shouldn't be the culprit until I read this thread. Thank you all for a complete thread with a problem, and a fix. I hate reading threads on bimmerfest that go no where. I read a bunch of threads for several pages with no updates, or conclusions. Thank you all for this discussion as it was the same very thing that solved my issue. I went to my local BMW scrape yard grabbed a IHKA module out of a 06 530i and voila, no more constantly running aux fan, ac compressor engages, my car now blow ice cold air. No more hot and cold air mixing from vents. So to anyone else who reads this thread, this same solution worked for me. Thank you BMW enthusiast!
"
Jaystyles I'm very happy for you. I solved other problems in my car and if you need help contact me.