E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Neat tricks" thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by baveagle
2) I was almost home, when making a left turn into my neighborhood, a woman shot out in front of me and only a heavy slamming on the brakes prevented an accident. The airbag did not pop, but my Sirius radio came on by itself.

Did I stumble onto 2 new "features"?
Any buttons on your steering wheel programmed for the stereo? I would say you hit one of those button in the panic stop if so.

If you didn't actually hit anything there is no reason to explain your air-bag didn't deploy - no reason it should have.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I have a 525i E60 2004 how do you know that there is voice control ? and if present how do you activate it and use its features....and by teh by you can scan radio by using up a nd down buttons on steering wheel.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by rich545im
Probably not on all models but the little pull out and retractable arm rest that is located above the handbrake. (this extension over your handbrake allows you to rest your arm more forward...closer to the gear shift).

Anyway, while in Drive or Sport, you can pull it out and it will lock in place. When you shift to back to park, or turn off ignition and leave the the arm rest will auto unlock and retract back into place!

Try it!...for some reason it doesn't allow it to lock into place unless your in "Drive" or "S", it just keeps retracting.

Wait I'm confused it will return to a closed position after I hit park? There is a motor that moves it back? I always thought it was a manual slide that has some kind of a pressure fitting to keep it from moving back and forth
Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Members

Hello, I have not the entire thread but here goes. This applies to only those who have Comfort Access.

Most of us know how to UNLOCK the door(s)>>>with remote in pocket, gently grab door handle and pull to unlock all doors. However my 17 year old discovered that to LOCK all doors (with remote in pocket), simply hold driver door lock with palm of your hand and touch the key hole with your thumb simultaneously. Locks all doors without having to look for remote and then the LOCK button. I thought that was neat and do not recall seeing this mentioned elsewhere. This worked with both my vehicles (pre LCI and LCI version) with CA.

Cheers..
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hitesh
Hello, I have not the entire thread but here goes. This applies to only those who have Comfort Access.

Most of us know how to UNLOCK the door(s)>>>with remote in pocket, gently grab door handle and pull to unlock all doors. However my 17 year old discovered that to LOCK all doors (with remote in pocket), simply hold driver door lock with palm of your hand and touch the key hole with your thumb simultaneously. Locks all doors without having to look for remote and then the LOCK button. I thought that was neat and do not recall seeing this mentioned elsewhere. This worked with both my vehicles (pre LCI and LCI version) with CA.

Cheers..
With CA it's not necessary to hold the door lock AND touch the key hole. With the CA Fob in close proximity, simply touching the front or rear door handle OR the driver door key slot with a finger will lock all doors and set the security system.

Similarly, you can unlock the car at any door handle by placing your hand under the handle (again, with the CA key fob in close proximity).
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tamer123
Hello

I have a 525i E60 2004 how do you know that there is voice control ? and if present how do you activate it and use its features....and by teh by you can scan radio by using up a nd down buttons on steering wheel.
You should see a button like this one with the face and sound waves coming from mouth. You would push it and speak your command. Mine is located on my steering wheel. And sorry, but I couldn't understand the last part of your question.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Members

I don't know if this is just me or something actually designed by BMW. But I notice that if I lightly tap on the side of my temp knob (the one closest to driver), it turns ON my unit. I usually tap it anywhere between 72 and 80. Try it on yours and see if it works. It could be just an overly sensitive issue.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by luigi524td
With CA it's not necessary to hold the door lock AND touch the key hole. With the CA Fob in close proximity, simply touching the front or rear door handle OR the driver door key slot with a finger will lock all doors and set the security system.

Similarly, you can unlock the car at any door handle by placing your hand under the handle (again, with the CA key fob in close proximity).
Yes and don't even think about washing your car with the keys in your pocket. The CA wil drive ou crazy!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:23 PM
New Members

My Ride: 550i sport with the works!

Subscribing because good info.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:24 AM
New Members

My Ride: 550i

I never would have found this thread without N8's bump, so here's one for everyone else!

Quick Reply: "Neat tricks" thread!