E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My lifters are being replaced

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

I am almost to 50k and when I took mine in a few weeks ago they swapped my lifters as well. I cant say I feel any better/worse performance but I have been debating taking it in because I have been feeling a little more jump in the tranny as if its having a harder time changing gears. This has only happen a few times but its just a lil odd. I do have CPO as well tho.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

I am less than a day removed from the lifter replacement in my E60, so I will reserve comment until I have an opportunity for a longer shakedown period.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Waiting to hear more. Knock on wood no issues with mine, yet. It's been fairly cold down here too.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi - Titanium Silver Metallic / Gray Dakota Leather / Dark Poplar Wood Trim / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / Premium Sound Package / Lumbar Support / Xenon Adaptive Light Control / 6 speed auto - Steptronic Trans. /Sirius Satellite Radio / Voice Activation / Navigation / Moonroof

FOLLOWING UP: 9 plus days after the the replacement of my E-60's (her name is "Beamy" (a long story to be sure)) lifters and all is well. No taps or ticking. Just reinforces the fact that when buying used buying CPO is the only way to go.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by one4thethumb
FOLLOWING UP: 9 plus days after the the replacement of my E-60's (her name is "Beamy" (a long story to be sure)) lifters and all is well. No taps or ticking. Just reinforces the fact that when buying used buying CPO is the only way to go.
+1
Old 03-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i 6 Speed Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I heard that little noise this morning. It wasnt loud, but noticeable. The car only has 29,000 miles. After I came home, afew minutes later, the noise was gone. Will this get worse with the higher mileage?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

I am hearing a tapping noise on cold starts that goes after a couple of miles
so i was planning on taking the car in with SIB 11 02 05, but had some questions.

This is for 545 owners using SIB 11 02 05

SIB states
Customer may complain of erratic engine idle speed lasting for approximately 20 seconds after a cold start. Check Engine Soon light may be illuminated

a. How erratic of an engine idle did you notice ?

b. Were you getting the increased emissions warning or was it just the tapping when cold?

c. Did they cover labor and parts under cpo because the sib only covers under new car warranty

I want to get this taken care of before it becomes a bigger issue
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by navin
so i was planning on taking the car in with SIB 11 02 05, but had some questions.

SIB states
Customer may complain of erratic engine idle speed lasting for approximately 20 seconds after a cold start. Check Engine Soon light may be illuminated

b. Were you getting the increased emissions warning or was it just the tapping when cold?

c. Did they cover labor and parts under cpo because the sib only covers under new car warranty

I have a 530, so I can't address a. or b., however, as to C, but for the $50 deductible, it was totally covered by my CPO warranty.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6MT

Originally Posted by navin

SIB states

The solution for this bulletin is to replace the intermediate levers (not lifters). They are causing uneven cylinder filling during the cold start bulletin, thus causing the poor idle. Look for the tachometer to jump around a bit and the "rough" idle.

The only other bulletin for rough intermittent idle requires an ECU reprogram (valve tronic lift height)
Old 03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

When I first read this thread back on Feb 2nd, I thought it was about one of our lady members buying a new bra!

sixcard

Quick Reply: My lifters are being replaced