E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My iDrive has died twice now

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d

Originally Posted by Robert A' post='508499' date='Dec 19 2007, 07:37 PM
My dealer is replacing the CCC, claiming that this is a real fix. Those of you who have had this problem, is replacing this module an effective solution?
YES .... BUT .....
Apparently somme customers - like me - needed 2 CCC replacements to fix the issue
The first time my CCC got replaced, the problem popped back 3 weeks afterwards
It's now been 3 months since last CCC replacement.
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed !!!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

My dealer has been working a PUMA case on this problem. They're replacing the CCC. Wonderful. Now I'll have to reprogram all my radio settings.

Believe it or not, I find that *very* annoying.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Members

I remember seeing this topic a few weeks back and not even looking at it because I have had no issues with iDrive. Well, not any more. Like many others, stopped at a gas station on the way to work today for a drink, came back out, started the car and was staring at a black iDrive screen. This was the first issue that I have had with iDrive. I did just get a software upgrade (not sure what version) a few weeks back when I had ipod interface installed. Looks like I have many weeks of possible black screen, silent driving to look forward to - can't wait!!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by Robert A' post='508499' date='Dec 19 2007, 06:37 PM
My dealer is replacing the CCC, claiming that this is a real fix. Those of you who have had this problem, is replacing this module an effective solution?
As Coppello has stated in this thread sometimes it can take more than one CCC replacement to solve the problem - read my earlier post under this topic. My dealer?s engineer replaced 3 CCC's over a period of some months before the solution became permanent ? I?ve had no problems since the last replacement was made, this being a ?new? CCC unit. As to the dealers comments on this situation, well the engineer is convinced that the older CCC's in circulation (and some are being re-cycled as spares) are to blame as once they have been re-coded the iDrive problems begin.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Members

My Ride: See the sig line...

+1...

Within 3-4 weeks of taking delivery of my 535xi, the SOS warning light (between the tach and speedo) came on with a slash through it and a dead/blank iDrive screen. I did drive the vehicle in this condition because I had to get to a meeting.

The iDrive did come back on line and the situation seemed to resolve itself within 30 minutes and 2 re-starts (vehicle restarts) and the car seemed to drive fine. I notified my SA and he has never heard of this issue and agreed to "look into it", still have not heard from him after more than a week.

Please post any updates to this and if BMW NA Customer Service is still monitoring this thread, please advise us about what we should be doing.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

My 2008 LCI 520D decided last night to start acting up.... Whilst driving, it firstly started cycling through the functions that would normally be carried out by the buttons on the multi function steering wheel. (voice command, mute, next entertainment source, next track / station & Volume). This happened sporadically over the period of an hour. Then iDrive re-started. Then I held the 'check' button to see if any errors would be found. This caused IDrive to re-start again, but strangely no errors reported! IDrive re-started 3 times in all in a three hour drive..
Old 01-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Mine goes in tomorrow for the 3rd time in 6 months. I'm on latest version. Black screen appears and stays through stop/starts including overnight, only to magically appear again later. I've been stranded w/out navigation 300 miles from home but the worst is no tunes. I'm definitely getting tired of it.

My dealer is awesome so far at trying to help and getting me a decent loaner, but it's getting old in such a great car. I constanty defend iDrive (let's just get over it- you CAN figure this thing out even if it's not very friendly) but I'm afraid starting to become a disbeliever if they can't sort this out.

Wish me luck-
Old 01-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

This is very odd .. I had no problem whatsoever on the xx.2 version and still enjoy a rock solid interface on the new xx.3 the car was upgraded to last Friday. Most interested in finding out what your problem was.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 AM
asg
Members

My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

My idrive just went as well (2004 545i) - screen is not black just completely unresponsive on home/menu screen. Letting car sit for a while and restarting does nothing. Unresponsive to reboot etc.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i, Silver Gray-Black Dakota, Cold pkg, Prem. Sound, Sport pkg, Nav, Voice Activation

I'm having the same problem, posted on another topic here. I recently had the new software version installed: E060-07-09-521 replacinf the old software: E060-06-12-510. The problem just reoccured.

My car is an 04 545i CPO. I was told the CCC is not covered. I paid $200 for the software upgrade which did not fix the problem.

Here's a copy of the Technical Service I received from the other topic "iDrive Died".
Attached Files

Quick Reply: My iDrive has died twice now