E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My in-dash cd player now plays MP3 !?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, don't think I am mad, I'll just tell you what happened.

September 05 production car (one of the first new 231hp to be delivered in Italy).
The first thing I did is pushing an MP3 Cd into the in-dash cd player to see if the MP3 capability worked.
No signal at all from the idrive menu and no MP3 capability.
I then decided to wait for the next CIP upgrade.

Some days ago I just took a Jewel Box from Astrud Gilberto from the rack and went into the car, slotted in the cd and realized it was not the voice from Astrud Gilberto, better, it was not that CD which my son (4 years old) had changed with an MP3 Cd I made three years ago with 165 songs and no other directories.

I then realized that my player was playing MP3 with text features and so on.

I really don't know if the way this MP3 CD had been burnt three years ago was different from the way I burned the late cd but, as a matter of fact, it works now!!!!
Really happy.
Till three days ago i knew I could only use the DVD slot to play MP3 but now I obviously have to try with other media to be sure it's not only a case.

Just another point: are you aware of any possibility for BMW to update software or firmware by air?

I just left my car for three weeks without switching on the engine.

When I went back I realized that comfort access didn't work and so I opened the car with teh remote and then switched it WITHOUT inserting the remote into the hole.

I soon realized that the system asked for a new Date and Time setting.

It looked like the electrical system, as the battery power goes away with resting time, switches off some features leaving the possibility to switch on the engine as the last feature.
Could it be?

The other possibility was that BMW had upgraded software By air <_<

Don't know what to think.

Luca
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooo weird...i don't have a clue about the facts that caused it to play mp3. Maybe it has to be burnt without folders...maybe when u first tryed it you has some bad luck with the cd. I dunno...weird.
Anyway never heard of such updates.