E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my baby was very wet

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:25 PM
MEX
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why hasn't anyone every put an "all close" button in a car? You
yep i have asked for this, but it seems no one else is really interested

Well, it's easy to close all windows with the switches on the drivers door - even all at a time...
mmm no not really, i mean its definetly easier to push a button that is in front of you instead of searching the buttons on the door and then on the roof. Design nowadays is about convenience and it would be easiER if you had that function. Theres the central close button already, so i dont see a problem of programing it to close everything by holding it down.
Saying its not an important thing is like saying that when engaging in Reverse and the mirrors go down is not an important function, you can always turn the mirrors down but this car is about small details, and having the button would be a useful one.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Contributors

in the state, we can not close them with the remote
We can only open then
Old 09-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

suebmw I was just kidding around.. I'm having some problems too that are a lot less then you have but I want them to be solved ASAP. My dealer and BMW Netherlands are fooling around with me and yesterday the bomb exploded when I had to call them again because they didn't call me as promised..

I am expecting a phonecall from them this morning and if they don't call I will raise hell with them and call my lawyer to sue them.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Viper786' date='Sep 13 2004, 10:06 PM
oh wow, hope the leather is all fine..
Surprisingly there isn't a sign of water damage. I was worried about the grey headliner, but it didn't get wet.
Because of my airconditioning problem the cars smells mouldy already , so no difference there.. (it's going in for service in two weeks for that..)
Old 09-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Senior Members

FF

Then I noticed ALL MY WINDOWS AND MY SUNROOF WERE OPEN!!
keep an eye on this...it most likely was your key like you say but I have heard of other cars, mostly M3's, where owners have come down to their car on a morning to find the windows have decided to lower themselves, nice security feature. probably was the key but just one to keep watch on.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MEX' date='Sep 13 2004, 05:25 PM
why hasn't anyone every put an "all close" button in a car? You
yep i have asked for this, but it seems no one else is really interested

Well, it's easy to close all windows with the switches on the drivers door - even all at a time...
mmm no not really, i mean its definetly easier to push a button that is in front of you instead of searching the buttons on the door and then on the roof. Design nowadays is about convenience and it would be easiER if you had that function. Theres the central close button already, so i dont see a problem of programing it to close everything by holding it down.
Saying its not an important thing is like saying that when engaging in Reverse and the mirrors go down is not an important function, you can always turn the mirrors down but this car is about small details, and having the button would be a useful one.
Yep. 4 window buttons and a sunroof button are a lot of buttons to close. You're searching around for buttons when you could just hit one.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 13 2004, 04:44 PM
m.benz has it but our cars don't :'(.
Really??? I've never seen it. Where is it located? And in what models? That's a major point in MB's favor for me. Now their handling, that's another story...
Old 09-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Sep 13 2004, 04:58 PM
[quote name='SueBMW' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:33 PM'] And on topic, I have absolutely no idea why we can't drop our windows in the US.? How is that supposed to cause harm to someone?
AFAIK US can open them with remote, but can not close them with remote(some one may get stuck I guess). [/quote]
Can't we close all our windows with the key in the door? I thought we could do that....
I didn't know about the opening with a remote. What do you hold to do that?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:09 AM
JDN
Contributors

Hold the the unlock button.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Sep 14 2004, 04:54 PM
Yep. 4 window buttons and a sunroof button are a lot of buttons to close. You're searching around for buttons when you could just hit one.
It's actually not that bad, I just tried it today.
But I totally agree that one button would be better!!

Quick Reply: my baby was very wet