E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my baby was very wet

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'll ask for the window opening function of the key to be disabled when my car is next in the dealers - just in-case.

Have any of you folks noticed just how good the range is on the E60 key remote?

I was at my daughters school a while back and she needed something from the boot of the car, I was able to open the boot from ~30 metres away from the inside of the school building!
Old 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:21 PM
I have a nice leather holder (got it for free with my car, amazing!!!!) where I can fold my key in.. Works like a charm.. I cannot push the buttons when it is in the leather key holder..
The buttons can be pushed while in the leather cover without you knowing, as it happened to me this past weekend. I was amazed by the range... I was at the other end of the house. I thought the walls might absorb the signal (no windows between me and the car)
Old 09-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

FF

First of all congratulations on completing the meeting - do you remember the key decisions/actions!!!!! I don't think that I could have done that.

I'm convinced that there is a glitch with the car. I returned to my car last week to find the drivers window dropped about 2 inches - thank god it wasn't raining, and I remember a previous post where the same thing happened that you described.

It sounds like some kind of memory function gone wrong.

jonboy
Old 09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:25 PM
and the land of suebmw hehehe..
Hey! I really do have a legitimate claim--believe me, I am not a sue-happy individual. And if the car worked right, I would love it. I even love it in spite of its horrible problems. I really, really wish it worked well. I would be SO happy with it if it did. I know very well that just because one car is bad doesn't mean all of the same cars are bad. My particular car just happens to be a lemon. And if BMW would step up to the plate, I wouldn't be suing. We have met the burden for lemon law (30 days in service or 3 repair attempts for the same problem, within the first 12 months/12,000 miles of ownership) several times over. The fact of the matter is that I pay a lot of money every month for a car I can't drive (or when I can drive, it is with great difficulty---the newest problem is that it will not drive up a hill in any gear--the clutch/transmission is SO BAD in this car!), and I have been paying for months and months with the same problems, problems that occured since day one & then new ones that seem to come daily. I don't think its is worth hundreds of dollars a month for a yard sculpture. (Or, when it is in service, no yard sculpture... just a headache and a drained wallet). This is the first, and hopefully, last, thing I ever have to sue for. Sorry, just had to vent.

And on topic, I have absolutely no idea why we can't drop our windows in the US. How is that supposed to cause harm to someone?

And as a thought, why hasn't anyone every put an "all close" button in a car? You know, for when the car is running, or using accessory power, you press one button and windows and roof close. We have a button that does that for door locks. Why not for everything else? THAT would be a really useful feature.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW 316ti, 2004 BMW 530d, 2006 BMW 530xd, 2013 BMW 320d touring, 2014 BMW 520d touring, 2016 BMW X5, 2020 BMW 320da touring, 2020 BMW 540i
Model Year: 1974
Engine: Flat six
Talking

Iceman, i think that we are able to open and close the windows from the remote only if we have the alarm installed. It was like that in my previous BMW's....
Old 09-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Sep 14 2004, 12:33 AM
I really do have a legitimate claim--believe me, I am not a sue-happy individual.
(...)
My particular car just happens to be a lemon. And if BMW would step up to the plate, I wouldn't be suing. We have met the burden for lemon law (30 days in service or 3 repair attempts for the same problem, within the first 12 months/12,000 miles of ownership) several times over.
(...)
why hasn't anyone every put an "all close" button in a car? You know, for when the car is running, or using accessory power, you press one button and windows and roof close. We have a button that does that for door locks. Why not for everything else? THAT would be a really useful feature.
Well, it's easy to close all windows with the switches on the drivers door - even all at a time...

Anyways, I think 530E60NL was just kidding, because we all do know that you have a lemon...
And to be honest it isn't a surprise, since it's one of the early E60's...
Old 09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 13 2004, 10:32 AM
It was raining really hard last week and I was at somebody's office. We went to the kitchen for coffees and looked out the window, to see the downpour.

Then I noticed ALL MY WINDOWS AND MY SUNROOF WERE OPEN!!

Of course I had to act cool, and close the windows with the remote without going outside. The meeting continued for another hour before I could inspect the damage.
I can tell you, it was pretty hard to focus..

I guess the button got stuck in my pocket..
There wasn't any damage sofar though, just a lot of water everywhere..
oh, boy ! that reminds me of this :'(. sorry to hear your babe was wet.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

And as a thought, why hasn't anyone every put an "all close" button in a car? You know, for when the car is running, or using accessory power, you press one button and windows and roof close. We have a button that does that for door locks. Why not for everything else? THAT would be a really useful feature.
m.benz has it but our cars don't :'(.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:33 PM
And on topic, I have absolutely no idea why we can't drop our windows in the US. How is that supposed to cause harm to someone?
AFAIK US can open them with remote, but can not close them with remote(some one may get stuck I guess).
Old 09-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Sep 14 2004, 12:58 AM
[quote name='SueBMW' date='Sep 13 2004, 03:33 PM'] And on topic, I have absolutely no idea why we can't drop our windows in the US.? How is that supposed to cause harm to someone?
AFAIK US can open them with remote, but can not close them with remote(some one may get stuck I guess). [/quote]
Yep, that's right.

Quick Reply: my baby was very wet