E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My 550 is at the port awaiting a ship

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darkside' post='280137' date='May 9 2006, 06:57 PM
What a great color combination you have selected. I think that with this exterior color detailing supplies are in order. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let the dealership do an exterior detail with that color. Tell them not even to wash it; just clean the interior. Then you can go to autopia.org and learn what you need to know so you can safely wash, clay, polish, and then apply a wax or sealant. Or do as I did and apply 5 coats of Klasse sealant followed by numerous coats of a pure carnuba wax.

There is no cure! The obsession has just begun!

Sick as it may seem I really enjoy caring for my car. My Jet Black M3 looked better than showroom new when I sold it back to the dealership after 3 years of ownership. My Ti/Ag 550 is a breeze to care for in comparison, but I do enjoy the process. Nothing better than waxing and relaxing, except driving of course.
Gee after reading some of the stuff on that website im afraid to touch my car in fear ill wear the clearcost off of it.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='280616' date='May 10 2006, 01:40 PM
Right...that eyepatch thing is a bitch....I heard that's why they only take cars with Nav and HUD
I see mr.kmslo530 you have recruited Mr. Veight on your mission to make my life a living hell.. Well guess what guys.. My car got to the VPC yesterday 5/10 and it got released the same day because my dealers Sales mgr called to rush it.. so i should get it tonight.. Dont think i'm gonna sleep much tonight ... Well i'll post some pics tomorrow night.. if i ever get out of the car Thanks guys for everything.. CORONA'S ON ME
Old 05-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i. Sapphire Black Metallic/Auburn Leather/Anthracite trim. Sport/Comfort Access/Navigation/Satellite/HD Radio/HUD/Premium Sound/M Aero Kit/with 50% tint sides & rear. 19" Style 166s.

Let us know if it's a boy or a girl. White/Black sounds like a girl, but you'll know when you see it.

Congratulations!! I'm due first or second week in June. I'm pacing the floor as well as getting the garage ready as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='280867' date='May 11 2006, 02:15 AM
I see mr.kmslo530 you have recruited Mr. Veight on your mission to make my life a living hell.. Well guess what guys.. My car got to the VPC yesterday 5/10 and it got released the same day because my dealers Sales mgr called to rush it.. so i should get it tonight.. Dont think i'm gonna sleep much tonight ... Well i'll post some pics tomorrow night.. if i ever get out of the car Thanks guys for everything.. CORONA'S ON ME
Thank goodness......your moping around here was bringing us all down!!

Seriously, congrats......driving this car is the ultimate, but the delivery part is way cool...enjoy it!!

Be sure to post your opinions after driving.........have fun, and back off the coronas tonight....you need to be focused to handle that beast of yours..
Old 05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='280943' date='May 11 2006, 06:15 AM
Thank goodness......your moping around here was bringing us all down!!

Seriously, congrats......driving this car is the ultimate, but the delivery part is way cool...enjoy it!!

Be sure to post your opinions after driving.........have fun, and back off the coronas tonight....you need to be focused to handle that beast of yours..
I didn't mean to bring you guys down with all my moping just tryin to keep eveyone up to date.. i'll do a write up on it if i get it today and post some pics..
Old 05-14-2006, 07:11 AM
SRV
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='279977' date='May 9 2006, 01:10 PM
In anticipation of my baby being delivered in the next month, I am considering redoing my garage space. I'm thinking of having the floor laminated, and putting in a cabinet for all the washing and waxing supplies. My wife thinks I have lost my mind. I believe I am going through some sort of mid-life crisis. I remember doing this same thing 17 years ago when my son was due, but then I was working on wallpapering the babys room and putting in a border and trim at that time.

Would wallpaper of say...race cars be too much for the garage? What kind of crown molding would look good in the garage? I was also thinking of having a special trash can for dirty oil rags.

Seriously a guy is coming to give us a quote on doing our garage floor. Has anyone carpeted their garage? Would a plush or a berber be better? I was also thinking a sound system of some kind to keep our two BMWs happy during the night.

I stay awake at night thinking how my 550 is doing in Bremerhaven awaiting her ship. Shes about to enter the birth canal on her way to the other end...New Jersey. If my wife sees this post, I may not be back.

I hope she is sleeping well.
Hey hows the baby? Any update on her delivery? The world wants to know!