E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 530 cents worth on 16.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

OK......had car at the dealership for two days to have the CIP updated to 16.2, new brakes installed on rear (only 8,900 miles on car), new cupholders (again, ad-nauseum), new rear arm rest to replace the last new arm rest to replace the original armrest that started squeaking way too much, and new sunroof motor and controls to fix the controls that didn't have the "one-touch" open and close features working. So, here's my scoop on 16.2........it feels like the car accelerates more smoothly, and with less lag than before, but I need to drive for another week or two to really tell. I was driving almost exclusively in DS around town to mitigate the lag, and now I am trying to drive in D just to see if I can feel a difference. It does feel better, I must admit. RDS is working on radio. But, aside from that, with the car I have...no nav...I don't see much difference with 16.2. If the acceleration problem goes away, I will be the first to say 16.2 is the latest greatest must-have update!! At least until the next one rolls along. But, my impression is that most of the upgraded features for 16.2 don't involve my car.

The moonroof works great now that they fixed the one touch feature. I still don't have the ability to program memory seat positions unique to each key.....need to go back for that......the armrest they ordered for me came in damage, so they couldn't install that. They didn't seem to have any new brakes for the E60, so I have to wait for those to come in (you would think by now those parts wouldn't be so unique....but.....what do I know?). The 4th generation cupholders on my car are better than the previous two, but not as good as the original equipment. I guess the reality is that I would never feel comfortable with on open container...cup or can in them while the vehicle was moving.

I asked my SA while I was there if he had heard of the new window seals coming out for the squeaky windows, and he said he didn't know anything about them. I asked him if he ever watched the "Round Table" videos that came out, and while he knew what they were, he never watched them. I thought that was interesting. I sort of think the SA's should know as much as possible about the vehicles they are doing the service writing for. I also asked to get a Status Report back after they installed 16.2, but that didn't happen. My SA told me to remind him the next time I came in, and he would give me anything I wanted! However, inspite of how this thread may sound.....I am extremely happy with my 530, and my Dealer's Service Department seems to really bend over backwards to take care of their customers!! I hate taking cars in for service, but this is as good as it's ever been!! Just felt like I had to say that because so many of us seem to have bad service experiences.....and I live in this little small town in the middle of California.......

I'll wait for CIP 17.x to come out and do something really exciting!!