E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My 2 week saga

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This all started almost two weeks ago when I got an "engine oil pressure" warning and my car had to be flat bedded to my dealer. That was all diagnosed as "oil was contaminating the oil pressure switch and causing a short" They replaced the oil pressure switch under warranty and all is normal.

That's when the fun started. When I picked by car up and start driving back to the office on the freeway I feel a major vibration at highway speed! I drive it right back to the dealer and get back in the loaner and back to the office. This was late on Wed afternoon, so late Thursday my SA calls and informs me that I have, not 1, not 2 but 3 bent rims !!!! I am dumb founded. I immediatly blame it on the tow service with the dealership being a close second. So on Friday I head over to the dealer and they put my car up on the rack and show me the rims. The front right has a serious "impact" bend...I know for a fact I did not do it. The rears have what appears to very minor bends on the inside of the rim. The dealer pulls off a set of style 124 rims from a new 550 and sure as s**t, no vibration. Then he tell me that I need a new bearings on my front right - after a lengthy discussion that gets warrantied. Next the dealer files a claim with the tow service and they send an adjuster to "inspect" the car on Monday. At this point I know that I am going to get fu**ed! The rear SSR GT3's are $650 each and one front is $630 - so we're looking at $2,000! So I call tirerack to order new GT3's and they inform me that they don't have them in stock, but can get me a front by April and the rears by July -- WTF. Of course the insurance company adjuster denies the claim as these are all "impact bends" and could not have been caused by a tow truck. So that leads us back to the dealer! Well needless to say, they step up to plate a provide me with a set of 166's at no cost - Luckily, my PS2 fit well with no rubbing.

So gents, here are the before and after pics...I like the 166's, but I think I still prefer the GT3's....thanks for reading my saga, I actually feel like I have a new car!

My 2 week saga-dsc_0231__medium_.jpg

My 2 week saga-dsc_0329__medium_.jpg

My 2 week saga-dsc_0335__medium_.jpg

Cheers,

p.s. - during this process I test drive a new loaded 750Li - that could be my next ride
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

That was nice on the dealer part. They could've denied they have anything to do with it. But seeing that you are a repeated customer, I think is normal they did what they did.

Great to see that all is fine now.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bokke' post='396950' date='Feb 28 2007, 06:12 PM
This all started almost two weeks ago when I got an "engine oil pressure" warning and my car had to be flat bedded to my dealer. That was all diagnosed as "oil was contaminating the oil pressure switch and causing a short" They replaced the oil pressure switch under warranty and all is normal.

That's when the fun started. When I picked by car up and start driving back to the office on the freeway I feel a major vibration at highway speed! I drive it right back to the dealer and get back in the loaner and back to the office. This was late on Wed afternoon, so late Thursday my SA calls and informs me that I have, not 1, not 2 but 3 bent rims !!!! I am dumb founded. I immediatly blame it on the tow service with the dealership being a close second. So on Friday I head over to the dealer and they put my car up on the rack and show me the rims. The front right has a serious "impact" bend...I know for a fact I did not do it. The rears have what appears to very minor bends on the inside of the rim. The dealer pulls off a set of style 124 rims from a new 550 and sure as s**t, no vibration. Then he tell me that I need a new bearings on my front right - after a lengthy discussion that gets warrantied. Next the dealer files a claim with the tow service and they send an adjuster to "inspect" the car on Monday. At this point I know that I am going to get fu**ed! The rear SSR GT3's are $650 each and one front is $630 - so we're looking at $2,000! So I call tirerack to order new GT3's and they inform me that they don't have them in stock, but can get me a front by April and the rears by July -- WTF. Of course the insurance company adjuster denies the claim as these are all "impact bends" and could not have been caused by a tow truck. So that leads us back to the dealer! Well needless to say, they step up to plate a provide me with a set of 166's at no cost - Luckily, my PS2 fit well with no rubbing.

So gents, here are the before and after pics...I like the 166's, but I think I still prefer the GT3's....thanks for reading my saga, I actually feel like I have a new car!

Attachment 29046

Attachment 29047

Attachment 29048

Cheers,

p.s. - during this process I test drive a new loaded 750Li - that could be my next ride
I Thought there will be a new model for 7 series. Are u sure you want to buy the 7 this year? Good Car Though..
Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 530I, '98 328I & '94 Civic DX(5spd)

your car's looking great with those new wheels.

what happened to your old wheels? Did bmw of dallas keep them? Why not just sell it to me if you have them and have them fixed (if ever they can be fixed .

Hey remember I also had that "engine pressure low" warning. Well they found out it was due to low voltage (battery drained).