E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my 12,00 mi. check up

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oil change - check

Reverse lamp in tail light assembly replaced - check

Fix clicking noise when key fob unlocks car - check (so far anyways)

Anti Trap randomly activates - check (today anyways)

Four new tires to replace very noisy originals - Well, at first there was no problem. My SA said no problem, it takes a little pushing but he should be able to get me a new set of sneakers - no cost. But it may take a few days.

Hands me the keys to a new X3 loaner and I'm out the door. X3 is O.K., a little sluggish compared to the 545 but I'll live.

Left it friday AM and the SA calls 3 hours later, tires will be in on monday, car back by tues. No problem. I figure wednesday at best.

Wife takes the X3, LOVES IT. She's petite and finds the 5 'er a bit large. She parks at the coffee shop. Guy runs in and says "who's BeeeemAA (I know it's a bimmer..boston accent++)? You just got wacked lady! They took off! I think I got the plate number"

Wrong number my good samaritan, but thanks anyway.

I may have to pay deductible!

SA calls today, small problem. BMW will not cover one of the rear tires because there was a nail in it. That's news to me, never lost air pressure, never visible. That's correct BMW will not pay for a tire that has been patched or otherwise repaired or damaged. F*&$ers. Cut the crap, the tires were not being replaced due to damage, they were being replaced because they sucked! I was'nt being cheap when I bought this expensive car. I think BMW should have just sucked it up and replaced all four. $380 bucks.

Wife wants an X3 now. Great week at the BMW dealership.

Any body have a clear pic of their original RF Dunlops, I'd like to see if there is a tread difference. This is a pic of new RF tread.

my 12,00 mi. check up-tire.jpg
Old 08-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

It sounds like you have a crappy SA. Since the tires where being replaced, it should not have mattered that there was a nail in it. If they would have gotten you the tires immediately, you would not have had a problem.

When I had mine in at 7k miles, my SA told me it would be a little while to get the tires. I asked him if there was any problem burning them up. He said "Go For It", I have the wear documented and you are set for replacements.

I would push this issue saying when the replacement order went in, I did not have a nail. If you would have replaced the tires immediately, there would not have been an issue.

Besides, I believe it is Dunlop that is replacing the tires.

BTW, I had an X3 for a loaner also. Not a bad vehicle, quit roomy but no comparison to the 545i. I avoided letting my wife driver it for fear that she would want one. However, my 7 year old daughter wants one, but with Black interior instead of biege - I think I have created a monster.