E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 reimbursement

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by 555' date='Nov 22 2004, 06:43 PM
Any lawyers out there?? I know it seems minor, but a class action lawsuit would be great.? I think they need to give us all $250 - $500.? It's total BS and false advertising.
[snapback]59601[/snapback]
I'm a lawyer and I am getting so frustrated that I am starting to believe that a legal claim is the only way to motivate BMW to fix this issue as well as the NAV/Sirius and bluetooth issues. If there are enough people interested I can find firms which do this sort of work and post my findings here.

It's sad to me that we even have to have this discussion considering the prestige that the BMW nameplate has. They should have never have let it get this far.

Nick

P.S. BTW I sent a priority e-mail to BMW Customer Service through the BMWUSA website on this issue today, including the information about what happened in Sweden which Mille shared at the top of this thread. I'll let the group know what their response is.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Members

Welcome to the board jackman.....

When I ordered my car I was told MP3 was coming in a future update. But I heard nothing or read nothing other then that. Last time I was at my dealer, I brought it up to the service manager. He said he knew nothing about it.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

IMHO and its really humble, you will all just spin your wheels.
The List could be really long. I am sure that BMW will fix this issue in due course.

One Guy wanted to start a class action suit because his radio had static. The problem was being worked on while he was angrily posting and hiring the hungry lawyers. It was fixed before the papers were drawn.

Some people wanted to sue because we received Bluetooth passkeys with our cars. That was resolved last month.

Yes MP3 is in the manual. So is RDS I enjoyed it Europe and now its gone. Should we sue for that?

When the sales man demonstrated NAV to me, you could add addresses using Zip code. Its in the manual. This doesn't happen anymore. Should we sue BMW?

The 2004 US brochure has red reflectors on the rear bumper and wood trim on the console. Should we sue because our cars didn't have it.

Here is a company that has an IPOD connection in their cars. Not yet in the E60 but how long can it it be.

We are also getting functionality with software updates. Several people have had AUX inputs installed. Those of you who are desperate should get it done and plug in your Ipod.

The only one who has a right on this board to SueBMW is SUEBMW.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 25 2004, 02:03 AM
IMHO? and its really humble,? you will all just spin your wheels.
The List could be really long.? I am sure that BMW will fix this issue in due course.

One Guy wanted to start a class action suit because his radio had static.? The problem was being worked on while he was angrily posting and hiring the hungry lawyers.? It was fixed before the papers were drawn.

Some people wanted to sue because we received Bluetooth passkeys with our cars.? That was resolved last month.

Yes MP3 is in the manual. So is RDS I enjoyed it Europe and now its gone.? Should we sue for that?

When the sales man demonstrated NAV to me,? you could add addresses using Zip code.? Its in the manual.? This doesn't happen anymore.? Should we sue BMW?

The 2004 US brochure has red reflectors on the rear bumper and wood trim on the console.? Should we sue because our cars didn't have it.

Here is a company that has an IPOD connection in their cars.? Not yet in the E60 but how long can it it be.

We are also getting functionality with software updates.? Several people have had AUX inputs installed. Those of you who are desperate should get it done and plug in your Ipod.

[snapback]60559[/snapback]
This is not about whether BMW will fix it in 2-3 years or not. This is about that BMW sold a functionality over a year ago and yet have not delivered. And even worse they do not seem to bother to even address this issue and give proper answers to their most dedicated customers.

What about if you bought a laundry machine and it did not do the last part to centrifuge the clothes. Would this be OK if you got it fixed it in a couple of years??

There are laws when selling products with certain functionality specified to be there. At least in Sweden this was quite a clear case. BMW did not deliver what they had sold. Now they have to compensate for that. Not much, but if we were thousands of customers they had to compensate, they would get more focus to get the functionalities fixed as they have been sold much faster. <_<

Buy the way, yes BMW has paid med the compensation of $370 now.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 25 2004, 03:03 AM
IMHO? and its really humble,? you will all just spin your wheels.
The List could be really long.? I am sure that BMW will fix this issue in due course.

One Guy wanted to start a class action suit because his radio had static.? The problem was being worked on while he was angrily posting and hiring the hungry lawyers.? It was fixed before the papers were drawn.

Some people wanted to sue because we received Bluetooth passkeys with our cars.? That was resolved last month.

Yes MP3 is in the manual. So is RDS I enjoyed it Europe and now its gone.? Should we sue for that?

When the sales man demonstrated NAV to me,? you could add addresses using Zip code.? Its in the manual.? This doesn't happen anymore.? Should we sue BMW?

The 2004 US brochure has red reflectors on the rear bumper and wood trim on the console.? Should we sue because our cars didn't have it.

Here is a company that has an IPOD connection in their cars.? Not yet in the E60 but how long can it it be.

We are also getting functionality with software updates.? Several people have had AUX inputs installed. Those of you who are desperate should get it done and plug in your Ipod.

Hormazd,

It's a frustration thing.:bashwall: I agree that suing seems like a drastic step, but at this point I feel like a sucker by continuing to wait for something that was promised and paid for but not recieved. There isn't even any good information from BMW about the progress of solutions for these problems. In my case BMW customer service has been terrible, increasing my frustration. If I could get a follow-through on a promise just to provide information that would go a long way. The least they could do is keep us informed.

Nick
Old 11-25-2004, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Mille' date='Nov 25 2004, 01:53 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 25 2004, 02:03 AM']IMHO? and its really humble,? you will all just spin your wheels.

This is not about whether BMW will fix it in 2-3 years or not. This is about that BMW sold a functionality over a year ago and yet have not delivered. And even worse they do not seem to bother to even address this issue and give proper answers to their most dedicated customers.

What about if you bought a laundry machine and it did not do the last part to centrifuge the clothes. Would this be OK if you got it fixed it in a couple of years??

There are laws when selling products with certain functionality specified to be there. At least in Sweden this was quite a clear case. BMW did not deliver what they had sold. Now they have to compensate for that. Not much, but if we were thousands of customers they had to compensate, they would get more focus to get the functionalities fixed as they have been sold much faster. <_<

Buy the way, yes BMW has paid med the compensation of $370 now.
[snapback]60568[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am happy for you. Its different here in the US. The only people that will benefit will be lawyers, who will take the bulk of damages from BMW. (If any)

Don't get me wrong, I would like it all to work too. I was frustrated without the features mentioned above. But really how important are they.

BMW is a competitive company. They DO care about their image, market and customers. They are also a large enough manufacturing concern that things will not be perfect the first time. This is the case with every consumer item from Hoovers and Maytags to Pentium chips, cell phones and cars.

I would support litigation in a heart beat if I had proof that BMW has no intention of fixing the problem or are not working on it at all. I am sure this is not the case.

I do not work for BMW. Just an E60 owner with the same issues you have.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Guest_michaelg_*

I'm with you on filing a complaint. I am so frustrated with BMW and all of the dealers in San Diego. I continue to get from them, even after bringing in posts from this and other forums, "You don't know what your talking about" from the dealers in San Diego when I bring up: Bluetooth, cell phone ability to use a verizon motorola v60, aux input for iPod, etc. etc.

We continue to pay good money with hopes that a fix is on the way.

And to all of you who continue to brag about how much they love BMW and it's the ride of a life time and who are we to complain, you should keep your lovely comments about the luxary of BMW to yourselves. Maybe you only bought this car for its driving ability, we might have bought this car for more than that - it was a promise from our sales people, the advertisements and brochures that this car will work with mp3, bluetooth, sat radio, iPod connection, etc.

My .02....
Old 11-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I completely agree. My dealer here is freakin clueless. Every time I ask them a question, they tell me something completely false. When I picked up my car the first time, they told me voice commands would not work. I told them that I thought it was fixed with March builds and I pushed the voice button and it worked great from the start. They were like, "WOW! -- let's try that on the other new 5's and 6's in stock!". I knew all about the BT issues, Sirius, all of it before most of them did. Their salesmen and even shop guys are sometimes scratching their heads digging through service bulletins.

Every time I tell them about any problem, their parrot response is, "Wait on a forthcoming software fix". I could complain about the weather and they would say that too. What if we told them that we"ll wait to send them their payment then? Think that would fly? Heck no. They know they already have our money and they can tell us just about anything.

I love my car -- don't get me wrong. The level of service I see at the dealership is "lacking" though.

Originally Posted by Guest_michaelg_*' date='Nov 29 2004, 05:30 PM
I'm with you on filing a complaint. I am so frustrated with BMW and all of the dealers in San Diego. I continue to get from them, even after bringing in posts from this and other forums, "You don't know what your talking about" from the dealers in San Diego when I bring up:? Bluetooth, cell phone ability to use a verizon motorola v60, aux input for iPod, etc. etc.

We continue to pay good money with hopes that a fix is on the way.

And to all of you who continue to brag about how much they love BMW and it's the ride of a life time and who are we to complain, you should keep your lovely comments about the luxary of BMW to yourselves. Maybe you only bought this car for its driving ability, we might have bought this car for more than that - it was a promise from our sales people, the advertisements and brochures that this car will work with mp3, bluetooth, sat radio, iPod connection, etc.

My .02....
[snapback]62194[/snapback]
Old 11-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 2004 530i Silver Gray/Black Interior Sports Package Premium Package Bi-Xenon Headlights

I do not find it unreasonable that BMW should have to deliver on their representations. If, when purchasing my e60 I was told that my car would have less technological entertainment options than the outgoing model, I would have opted for a different vehicle. I love driving my car. However, I feel like a chump when an Acura TL drives up next to me and I know they paid $32,000 for their 260 HP car and are talking on their bluetooth phone over the handsfree speaker system, being navigated by their touch-screen dvd navigation system, and listening to Bach on their 5.1 DVD audio system with absolute clarity.

BMW needs to step it up and deliver. What's the point in the new high-tech MOST communication platform if it isn't being used? I mean, have you guys read up on the MOST system? The whole advantage of this system is supposed to be that it is easy to add and remove devices from...and that it is MORE COST EFFECTIVE.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, ocluke !