E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moisture in eyebrows (found the cause)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i

I finally was able to find the crack where moisture would get into the eyebrows. You would have to remove the plaster bracket around the top part of the headlight, here is the shot of the area...

What I'm going to do is put a sealer in that area before I put the bracket back in and see what happens, but first I have to get rid of the moisture. Just an FYI for those who experienced the same thing.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Moisture in eyebrows (found the cause)-headligh-shot.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Didn't you already post about this? I commented on your other post already. What you are looking at is just a seal for the head light. the headlight is completely sealed so I don't think this is your issue.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i had the same issue. check the plug connector for the eyebrow. mine was cracked and let water in there.
what i did was drill a small hole through that sealant on the backside(behind the chrome piece), then blew air through the hole till it was dry(used a can of air duster with straw). you can also use a compressor with a rubber tip blow gun. make sure the wiring connector is off when you do this so air can escape. then reseal the hole.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
i had the same issue. check the plug connector for the eyebrow. mine was cracked and let water in there.
what i did was drill a small hole through that sealant on the backside(behind the chrome piece), then blew air through the hole till it was dry(used a can of air duster with straw). you can also use a compressor with a rubber tip blow gun. make sure the wiring connector is off when you do this so air can escape. then reseal the hole.
LOL that's exactly what I did, got rid of every bit of moisture in the eyebrows, then sealed it. put the damn thing back, two hours later, it's collecting moisture again. Gotta check the plug connector to see what happens, otherwise I am buying a new one. What an annoying problem!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Hold on Hold On, don't give up on your headlight right away.

Take the Headlight out, blow into the plug connector and try to locate where the air is leaking\coming from, take your time no hurry. Get to the root cause where the air is leaking from.

Once thats done, go to home depot and buy some GE Silicone2 and put if all over that area(leak area). Let it dry for at least 24--30 hours

You should be GOLDEN
Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Update, after I sealed it, it did take a couple of days to dry and now all is good!!!! It rained non stop for the past few days and no moisture what so ever. I guess i wasn't patient enough when I posted the above.

I'm a happy little camper! Many thanks for your help, this forum is awesome!