E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M-Sport Package or More Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='283825' date='May 17 2006, 04:42 PM
I'm in Toronto, Canada, and am buying my first car. To get you into my mindset, i'll give you a brief summary of my situation. I am 22 years old, I just graduated from university, and I currently drive a 2002 Maxima. It's a great car, but I got it on my 18th birthday, and I am getting bored. My car doesn't really need to be replaced, but since I have the ability to buy myself the car that I have been wanting for soo long, I am ready to take the plunge. My only concern is whether I should get the M-Sport Package or use that money on getting more options.

Car That I am Considering:
2007 530i
Black on Black
6-Speed
Premium Pack.

In Canada, the M-Sport Package comes out to $6,500. Rather than just get this package, I can use the money I save and add $700 to get Navigation, Comfort Seats, Ventilated Seats, and Comfort Access.

My color choice is Black on Black. I am in love with the M-Sport package but does it really stand out on a black car. Most pictures of dark cars dont really show the aggressive front bumper as well as lighter cars. So for the people with darker cars, is the package as noticeable as lighter cars? Another concern is that I am used to my car having a heated steering wheel in the cold winters. Can I get the heated steering wheel rather than the M-Sport one? Should I even worry about the steering wheel?

What do you guys think I should do? Will the luxury of all those extras outweigh the puuure appeal of the M-Sport Package?

NO NO NO

Or should I forgo the extras and go for the M-Sport Package?

YES DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!

Thanks
I just know if I get the M-Sport i'll regret the lack of comfort oriented options when I am inside the car. If I get all the options without the M-Sport i'll regret it everytime I walk to and from my baby.

NO YOU WILL NOT!!!!!!!!

I guess I just wanted to see how all of you feel about your choices and if you would change your choices if you had to do it again.

I understand your dilema. The rule is to get the best/most powerful engine, then spend on improving drivability.
if the 530i is your range then, don't waste money on the premium package (most of which is useless), forget about comfort access, nav, comfort seats.
I don't really carry any constant passengers in the backseat (rear heating), never used the car skiing nor helping friends move (throughload), don't like too much music (distracting as i go 180+).anti dazzle mirrors are useless ( i'll be smokin away).
On another note, i'll add PDC, twice before I got distracted on the phone and backed into something....(but that's me being careless), perhaps PDC would have helped avoiding those situations.

If budget is a bit tight, go for sports package with sport seats (plus HK logic 7-totally personal) and PDC, in addition elsewhere get the garmin street pilot gps (much better than stock BMW nav).

I think the Msport is the only package that is worth it, totally from a driver's perspective. making the car so much more aggressive, the M charcter features (steering wheel, shift knob, aluminum cube trim, shadowline and M 18"135 wheels) are unique.
I also adore the heated steering wheel (i posted this here earlier), it is something you need to adjust living without, never has a bmw M car (M5/M6 etc) got it.
I am still trying to get used to this fact, a MAJOR turnoff!

Another thing, your salesperson is pushing you towards the options than Msport, is because he got one in the lot to rid of, you know what i mean? its harder to sell that car alone, but easier to a customer who's a bit undecided like you. the Msport is in such high demand , it'll probably has to be ordered thus delaying the closing the deal for him.

if there is extra money, I always recommend to spend on wheels, buy them with the most expensive rubber (PS2) you can afford, in the end they belong to you after the lease and you can easliy sell them after.

hope this is helpful. my2?.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

You should get the M Sport just to make us in the USA jealous.

I really want the M suspension!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

Get the options and skip the M-sport kit...for now Get it down the line, lower the car and put in 19"s.

Comfort seats is a must, whatever your decision
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='284372' date='May 18 2006, 06:08 PM
Comfort seats is a must, whatever your decision
Can you get the comfort seats with the M-Sport Pack?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Members

what is the diff between the other spec (msport) packeges and our little dinky "sport package"?

ours has active roll stabilization

what in addition to this does the ///M-Sport package have...

btw im in cali, just 0rdered my 550i and they said that they couldn't get the euro-spec msport package, he said it was the same as the us sport package but i didn't believe so, research tells me he was bullshitting me just so i can close the deal.

-jason
Old 05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by jlcool007' post='284425' date='May 18 2006, 07:47 PM
what is the diff between the other spec (msport) packeges and our little dinky "sport package"?

ours has active roll stabilization

what in addition to this does the ///M-Sport package have...

btw im in cali, just 0rdered my 550i and they said that they couldn't get the euro-spec msport package, he said it was the same as the us sport package but i didn't believe so, research tells me he was bullshitting me just so i can close the deal.

-jason
see post #12 of this thread, or go to a european/canadian bmw website, such as bmw.co.uk
Old 05-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

I wouldn't worry about comfort seats too much, I actually prefer the sport seats as they drop lower. I do however envy the comfort seats headrests, but you could add thos later for $400.

This would be my spec...

M-sport, leather, Media package (nav, bluetooth and voice) heated seats.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 520d SE - Jet Black - Advanced Air Con - Sports Suspension - Sports Steering Wheel - Extended Light Pack

I'm no expert (see my profile - no M-Sport pack and not many options either!! ) but can you get sports suspension separately in Canada? I wanted my car to handle as well as possible, so added sports suspension to the SE spec (?255) on standard 17" wheels
Old 05-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

Originally Posted by Nohedes' post='284807' date='May 19 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm no expert (see my profile - no M-Sport pack and not many options either!! ) but can you get sports suspension separately in Canada?
According to my sales-rep, the suspension that comes with the M-Sport is not the same as the one offered in the sport package, therefore, you can't get the MSport Susp. seperately here.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Members

So I finally decided...

I decided to go with a 530 with:
Premium
M-Sport Package
Black/Black
Poplar Grain Interior

I decided to forgo the nice features because I realistically wasn't intersted in them at the start. I only got interested in them after learning of the price differential. Even though they are awesome features (Nav, CA, Comf Seats) I think I will be happier with the meanest looking 5 on the street (my street, atleast). Also, all of your opinions were considered and although all the features were tempting, I think at this stage of my life (immature stage), I will be happier with a body kit, rims, and the sporty interior.

I also decided to get the dealer to mount winter tires on the M-Sport rims, and get OEM M5 rims for the summer. How much should I expect to pay for the OEM M5 rims in Canada with tires? What tires should I get? I want OEM because of reliability and workmanship. BUT, since it is a lease, would the savings be worth getting replica rims? OR will I be able to sell or even use the M5 rims on a different car after the lease is up.

ALSO, I am finding out if I can get the 550 grill instead of the 530 grille. I love the chrome inserts in the grille and think this would look amazing on a black/black car. Has anyone been able to get the dealer to do this before delivery? How much should I expect to pay for this?

My ONLY concern is the M-Sport sterring wheel, can I get the heated steering wheel or is that not possible? How much should I expect to pay for this?

Quick Reply: M-Sport Package or More Options