E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M-Sport Package or More Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='283825' date='May 17 2006, 03:42 PM
I'm in Toronto, Canada, and am buying my first car. To get you into my mindset, i'll give you a brief summary of my situation. I am 22 years old, I just graduated from university, and I currently drive a 2002 Maxima. It's a great car, but I got it on my 18th birthday, and I am getting bored. My car doesn't really need to be replaced, but since I have the ability to buy myself the car that I have been wanting for soo long, I am ready to take the plunge. My only concern is whether I should get the M-Sport Package or use that money on getting more options.

Car That I am Considering:
2007 530i
Black on Black
6-Speed
Premium Pack.

In Canada, the M-Sport Package comes out to $6,500. Rather than just get this package, I can use the money I save and add $700 to get Navigation, Comfort Seats, Ventilated Seats, and Comfort Access.

My color choice is Black on Black. I am in love with the M-Sport package but does it really stand out on a black car. Most pictures of dark cars dont really show the aggressive front bumper as well as lighter cars. So for the people with darker cars, is the package as noticeable as lighter cars? Another concern is that I am used to my car having a heated steering wheel in the cold winters. Can I get the heated steering wheel rather than the M-Sport one? Should I even worry about the steering wheel?

What do you guys think I should do? Will the luxury of all those extras outweigh the puuure appeal of the M-Sport Package? Or should I forgo the extras and go for the M-Sport Package?

Thanks

Skip The //M Pkg, skip the options, get the 550i stripped.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

If you didn't know, the Canadian M-Sport package is much more than the front and rear fascia.

For our southerly brothers, we get the following when we get the M-Sport:
M Aerodynamic Package
M Multi-Function Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Seats
Anthracite Roof Liner
M Sport Suspension
19" M Double-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 172M
High-Gloss Shadow Line

I just picked up my Carbon Black, M-Sport'd 550 and I don't think I'll be able to get this shit-eating grin off my face for a year at least. M-Sport is a must have IMO.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by dean' post='283922' date='May 17 2006, 09:52 PM
If you didn't know, the Canadian M-Sport package is much more than the front and rear fascia.

For our southerly brothers, we get the following when we get the M-Sport:
M Aerodynamic Package
M Multi-Function Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Sport Seats
Anthracite Roof Liner
M Sport Suspension
19" M Double-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 172M
High-Gloss Shadow Line

I just picked up my Carbon Black, M-Sport'd 550 and I don't think I'll be able to get this shit-eating grin off my face for a year at least. M-Sport is a must have IMO.
Damn you all!

Why are you Canuks so special?

I wish that I had the choices you all did.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='283943' date='May 17 2006, 07:55 PM
Damn you all!

Why are you Canuks so special?

I wish that I had the choices you all did.
Well, we're so special that the MSRP of my 550 was $91,580, or $82,090.47 USD. You guys can option out an M5 for that price...

I'll trade ya my choice for your prices
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

Whatever you go for, don't ever never buy from town and country. stay away that dealship like a bad rash.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Members

Only you will now which options are important to you.

i went for the M-package and have no regrets
Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

If by M-sport you mean just the plastics, skip it. To me the M-sport is much more, different interior, totally different driving dynamics. To mee it's a must have option, the car feels like a completely different, better, drive.

/M

Originally Posted by carfreak' post='283835' date='May 17 2006, 11:00 PM
Skip it. You can always get the package later. The more options you have, the better.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TraderBC' post='283999' date='May 18 2006, 01:00 AM
Only you will now which options are important to you.

i went for the M-package and have no regrets
I just know if I get the M-Sport i'll regret the lack of comfort oriented options when I am inside the car. If I get all the options without the M-Sport i'll regret it everytime I walk to and from my baby. I guess I just wanted to see how all of you feel about your choices and if you would change your choices if you had to do it again.

Damnit, I thought life would get easier after university. BUT, I rather be making these stupid and insignificant decisions than worrying about real-life problems.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tegel' post='284014' date='May 18 2006, 02:05 AM
If by M-sport you mean just the plastics, skip it. To me the M-sport is much more, different interior, totally different driving dynamics. To mee it's a must have option, the car feels like a completely different, better, drive.

/M
I guess I didn't think of this. The M-Sport I am interested in is more than just the plastic - it includes everything that has been mentioned in an earlier post. I guess I didn't consider the driving dynamics aspect of the car - just assumed it since its a beemer. Soo much to think about while studying for my CFA.

Thanks for all the help, keep the advice coming.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

Hi again,
the m-sport package actually makes the car more comfortable than standard setup. More controlled. Also, much more fun to drive. The cosmetics are just....fluff.

In your situation, I would have gone for the m-sport, deleted the NAV + comfort access and added comfort seats. Remember that the comfort seat is cheaper if you combine it with m-sport since you are upgrading from a sport seat (already excellent).

/M

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='284015' date='May 18 2006, 08:08 AM
I just know if I get the M-Sport i'll regret the lack of comfort oriented options when I am inside the car. If I get all the options without the M-Sport i'll regret it everytime I walk to and from my baby. I guess I just wanted to see how all of you feel about your choices and if you would change your choices if you had to do it again.

Damnit, I thought life would get easier after university. BUT, I rather be making these stupid and insignificant decisions than worrying about real-life problems.

Quick Reply: M-Sport Package or More Options