E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Love my 550I

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Guys, honestly just enjoy your cars! After all you are driving a BMW....we all could be driving Chevys or Fords!!!!!

Peace out
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by ProMed
Sounds about like the F10 550 that has 400 hp and 450 lb tq?, with a tune it is pushing 495 hp? and 573 lb tq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXf47CNnq9Y
Sweet!!! And it only took two gears.

Originally Posted by ignicknoct
cooked a 80's corvette on the highway last night in my 5-5-0 look on the baby-boomers face, priceless

I agree, EVERY time I get in telulah any bad feelings melt away and Im grinning from A->B (sometimes a->c->d->e->f->b )
I did that with my 5-2-5 XI. Many times the driver makes a difference. Not many people are comfortable driving their cars at the higher limits and lucky for me this guy wasn't comfortable. Did the same against a 911.

Originally Posted by syrousd
Guys, honestly just enjoy your cars! After all you are driving a BMW....we all could be driving Chevys or Fords!!!!!

Peace out
Agreed 1 million percent.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by m_power
I'm done. In person it would be easy to explain but typing this isn't enjoyable. The recalibrated sport suspension is in the official 08 5 series brochure. BMW did not explain what it was in the brochure, but was included to journalists via written documents which you can find if you read through EUROPEAN reviews. It's not explained in any US magazines. What I told you is FACT. BMW does not want 550 owners impinging on M5 territory so it's not explicitly stated, and kept a secret.

The 265lbs weight savings is comparing a bare bones 535i with a 550i. The 550I has a lot more options. If you add the MSport to the 535, audio system, rear airbags, and comfort seats apart of the Premium package the difference is less than 200lbs.

I'm not responding again, this should be enough for you to understand now.

Yes the 550I is 5.4 and the 535 is 5.6. Correct.
Hey, I once shaved off 265 lbs. from my car really easy. I simply kicked out the woman out of my car.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Members

Peace out

Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Members

Peace out
AMEN !
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

I agree... 100% This topic has been talked about over and over again over the years.. going back to the E39.. aren't we tired of it? You both have GREAT cars.. who really cares which one is faster, can be tuned to be faster... if it's that important for bragging rights.. why don't you guys get together.. go to a track... and settle it... and be done with it!!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by MitchBMW
I agree... 100% This topic has been talked about over and over again over the years.. going back to the E39.. aren't we tired of it? You both have GREAT cars.. who really cares which one is faster, can be tuned to be faster... if it's that important for bragging rights.. why don't you guys get together.. go to a track... and settle it... and be done with it!!
It's called bench-racing which you will find on every single motor-vehicle focused message board.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

Peace out
Much worse than Chevy or Ford, we could be driving Toyotas with defects galore. When was the last time you heard of one of their vehicles without a major defect that resulted in deaths.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by gotabyte
Much worse than Chevy or Ford, we could be driving Toyotas with defects galore. When was the last time you heard of one of their vehicles without a major defect that resulted in deaths.
Um, do what? I hope you aren't attempting to compare the reliability or build quality between BMW and Toyota...
Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Contributors

The build quality of a BMW is far superior to Toyota, but BMW cant hold a candle to Toyotas reliability. BMW consistently scores poorly on reliability tests, Toyota always scores well.

If you think BMWs are regarded for their reliability, you are in a league of your own. You would be hard pressed to find even the most die-hard BMW loyalists to tell you that modern BMWs are reliable.

Quick Reply: Love my 550I