E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Looking for a 530i

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by Alex L.' post='213591' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. Building it custom doesn't really seem like an option right now, because I'm currently without a car. I had a Lincoln Navigator that I returned for a full lemon law refund this week so I'll want another car ASAP. Is there any way to have the dealer add the sport package but swap out the RFTs?

Thanks,
Alex
Humm.. If you don't mind. Can you tell us what happend with your ex-Lincoln Navigator and how did you came through with lemon law.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Monaco Blue w/ Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation, Active Steering, PDC

Hey guys,

I ended up finding a Monoco Blue car with all the options I want + the sport package at Nick Alexander Imports near downtown. The car already has the Aero kit installed. It will be ready for me tommorow at around 1. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again for all the help.

P.S. The story on the navigator:
I loved the car and its features but it was just built like crap. There were various electrical problems and major engine problems. I had the head replaced twice and the engine was still running rough. It shut down on me in the carpool lane of the 405. I was just driving along and the RPMs dropped to zero, engine shorted out. It started again on the side of the road and I got it off the freeway before it cut again. Called their towing service. 3 hour later -still no towtruck. Took my chances and drove it to the dealership and left it there with a note. They found nothing wrong. Needless to say, it was easy to convince the B.B.U auto line that there was something clearly wrong with this car.

I can't wait to take home the bimmer!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Congratulations on your selection, I'm sure you won't regret it at all.

Remember to post pictures!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='213595
I was in a very similiar situation as you were EXCEPT my dealer ended up ordering my car without a very important option. After waiting over 2 months for the car, I get to the dealership and after going over the options, I discovered the Logic 7 had not been ordered, yet I was paying for the option. After discussing the mistake, and them tryign to get me to still take delivery, I decided to reorder the car so that I could have even option I wanted on the 530i.

Reason being...its a luxury sports sedan...its got to have some goodies that others cars do not have. For me...Logic 7 is a great system that I will enjoy many years to come. Sports Pack is a must as well. Cannot skimp on these items.

Still awaiting the next car, but I feel like had I taken delivery, I would have been cheating myself out of my options.

I ordered a Titanium Silver/ Black Leather 6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium Package, Premuim Sound, Cold Weather, Sirus, Navigation. I wanted a loaded car because I feel the 530i looks better with the 18 inch wheels, will be more enjoyable with upgraded sound, will feel quick with the manual tranny, will be fun with the Navigation. To me, its all about enjoying the ride, and these toys are important, as I love gadgets.

I too opted not to test a 550i. 1) because its sure to be faster 2) it costs 10,000 more the way I would equip it. 3) leases suck on it right now, the 530i is the best lease out there on a midsize sport sedan with a stick shift (oh thats a rare on at that).

Had I not needed a stick shift, i would not be buying a BMW also. The fact they offer a stick on the 530i is AMAZING. Lexus, Infiniti, and Mercedes do NOT offer a manny for their 5 series competitors...anyone agree with me, the 530 550 are the best options for stick drivers?
Out of curiosity, if you had NOT needed a stick, which car would you have purchased?
[/quote]

Hey Doug.

Had I not needed a stick shift...I was strongly leaning towards a M35. Also looked at the Lexus gs series, but determined the 3.0 was going to be replaced by the 3.5 soon. Liked the IS350 as well. Nice little car. (well rumor has it now the bmw 3.0 might be replaced by the 3.5 turbo).

In the end though, I rather take less overall power for the joy of driving a midsize luxury 6 speed manual. While most will think I have an auto in the 530i, I get to have the fun of rowing the gears...