E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a 530i

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Monaco Blue w/ Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation, Active Steering, PDC

Hey guys,

I'm new here and i've made up my mind to get a 2006 530i. I've never owned a BMW before so i need some help...

Here are the options I want:

Colors - Either Sapphire Black, or some shade of silver with black leather interior

Options:
STEPTRONIC Auto transmission
Premium Package
Front Comfort Seats
Park Distance Control
Navigation
Premium Sound Package
Sirius Radio

I also plan to put the M Aero kit on the car.

The dealership says they can't find any cars like this in the closest 17 states (I live in Los Angeles, CA)

He says he found a car, but it doesn't have the sirius option.
He also mentioned that there are 550i's in my requested configuration, but I don't want to move up to the V8 so that isn't an option.

So here are the questions:
I thought Sirius was an accessory so could it be added to the car?
What do you guys think about the Sport Package?
How does the Premium sound compare to the standard system (the premium sound was the hardest option for the dealer to find)
Is there any other options that you recommend? The ones I listed above are the minimum that i want...

Thanks for all the help and happy holidays,

Alex
Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Yes, Al cars are now prewired for sirius - so can be added later - one of my friends did it and it was around $500 - slightly more than factory - but the same thing

I do not have premium sound and have no problems with it - plenty loud and plenty clear
but the true audiophiles say the logic sound is a lot better

You could also order your car and wait like the rest of us did - and still get a good deal

The dealer should work with you as BMW's usually do not go for a premium (except there have been posts about the 550's going for MSRP in your neck of the woods)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Alex,

The sport package comes with larger wheels and low profile runflat tires. Many people dislike the feel of the runflats. I personally like the stiffer suspension and otherwise overlook the noise and harsness of the RFT tires.

I do not have L7 sound in my car and find the basic stereo system quite acceptable. As dgjk said however, audiophiles on the barod swear by the L7. Listen to both with your own discs to decide which is better for your tastes.

This is a signficant purchase you are making. If you feel you are giving up some options, order your car or get your dealer to trade a build spot with another dealer. WIth the holidays and all, you may be able to alter a January build if you get on it right away. With a Jan build you are likely looking at a late Feb early March delivery on the west coast.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Alex,

Definitely get the car you want. With the exact configuration. Some dealers were trying to push me into getting into something that didnt fit my configuration. What options to get? Well, when I went to the dealer, he asked me that question and i said YES, except Sirius and Comfort access....but thats just me. BTW, I got mine ordered by McKenna (Norwalk), Mike Rennhack, is the Internet Manager there..pretyy kool guy. Tell him that Hitesh refered ya, hopefully he gives you a good deal. Mine was about ~$1000 or so over. But then again I looked at Long Beach, Newport, and most of them are pretty close +/- $500 or so...so its how you want to slice it. I may have paid a little premium, but the dealer is a few miles from my house. I hope this blah, blah, blah, helps!

-hit
Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by Alex L.' post='213513' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:37 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new here and i've made up my mind to get a 2006 530i. I've never owned a BMW before so i need some help...

Here are the options I want:

Colors - Either Sapphire Black, or some shade of silver with black leather interior

Options:
STEPTRONIC Auto transmission
Premium Package
Front Comfort Seats
Park Distance Control
Navigation
Premium Sound Package
Sirius Radio

I also plan to put the M Aero kit on the car.
Configuration of your car looks great. I would strongly consider the Sport Package---you will get varying opinions on the RFT but the Active Roll Stabilization that comes with the Sport package is awesome.
Color-wise, Black Sapphire Metallic is awesome but just typically hard to keep a dark car clean.
I opted for Silver Grey----very pretty and easier to maintain. Titianium Silver is nice as well IMO.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Monaco Blue w/ Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation, Active Steering, PDC

Thanks for all the input guys. Building it custom doesn't really seem like an option right now, because I'm currently without a car. I had a Lincoln Navigator that I returned for a full lemon law refund this week so I'll want another car ASAP. Is there any way to have the dealer add the sport package but swap out the RFTs?

Thanks,
Alex
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

I was in a very similiar situation as you were EXCEPT my dealer ended up ordering my car without a very important option. After waiting over 2 months for the car, I get to the dealership and after going over the options, I discovered the Logic 7 had not been ordered, yet I was paying for the option. After discussing the mistake, and them tryign to get me to still take delivery, I decided to reorder the car so that I could have even option I wanted on the 530i.

Reason being...its a luxury sports sedan...its got to have some goodies that others cars do not have. For me...Logic 7 is a great system that I will enjoy many years to come. Sports Pack is a must as well. Cannot skimp on these items.

Still awaiting the next car, but I feel like had I taken delivery, I would have been cheating myself out of my options.

I ordered a Titanium Silver/ Black Leather 6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium Package, Premuim Sound, Cold Weather, Sirus, Navigation. I wanted a loaded car because I feel the 530i looks better with the 18 inch wheels, will be more enjoyable with upgraded sound, will feel quick with the manual tranny, will be fun with the Navigation. To me, its all about enjoying the ride, and these toys are important, as I love gadgets.

I too opted not to test a 550i. 1) because its sure to be faster 2) it costs 10,000 more the way I would equip it. 3) leases suck on it right now, the 530i is the best lease out there on a midsize sport sedan with a stick shift (oh thats a rare on at that).

Had I not needed a stick shift, i would not be buying a BMW also. The fact they offer a stick on the 530i is AMAZING. Lexus, Infiniti, and Mercedes do NOT offer a manny for their 5 series competitors...anyone agree with me, the 530 550 are the best options for stick drivers?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Members

Location: Central California. Plenty of sunshine. Hot in Summer, but NO humidity. :)
My Ride: In the process of buying the right 2006 530i

Originally Posted by jk479' post='213592' date='Dec 20 2005, 07:31 AM
I was in a very similiar situation as you were EXCEPT my dealer ended up ordering my car without a very important option. After waiting over 2 months for the car, I get to the dealership and after going over the options, I discovered the Logic 7 had not been ordered, yet I was paying for the option. After discussing the mistake, and them tryign to get me to still take delivery, I decided to reorder the car so that I could have even option I wanted on the 530i.

Reason being...its a luxury sports sedan...its got to have some goodies that others cars do not have. For me...Logic 7 is a great system that I will enjoy many years to come. Sports Pack is a must as well. Cannot skimp on these items.

Still awaiting the next car, but I feel like had I taken delivery, I would have been cheating myself out of my options.

I ordered a Titanium Silver/ Black Leather 6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium Package, Premuim Sound, Cold Weather, Sirus, Navigation. I wanted a loaded car because I feel the 530i looks better with the 18 inch wheels, will be more enjoyable with upgraded sound, will feel quick with the manual tranny, will be fun with the Navigation. To me, its all about enjoying the ride, and these toys are important, as I love gadgets.

I too opted not to test a 550i. 1) because its sure to be faster 2) it costs 10,000 more the way I would equip it. 3) leases suck on it right now, the 530i is the best lease out there on a midsize sport sedan with a stick shift (oh thats a rare on at that).

Had I not needed a stick shift, i would not be buying a BMW also. The fact they offer a stick on the 530i is AMAZING. Lexus, Infiniti, and Mercedes do NOT offer a manny for their 5 series competitors...anyone agree with me, the 530 550 are the best options for stick drivers?
Out of curiosity, if you had NOT needed a stick, which car would you have purchased?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Call Long Beach BMW. I saw a Silver Gray in the show room yesterday with the M-Tech Kit installed I dont recall the color of the interior though and dont know the options.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Hi Alex
Welcome to the forum! The sport package is great and I think you should ad the m aero kit as well. The steptronic is also a great choice. I don't have the logic 7 or the sat nav or the comfort seats so I cant tell you how good they are . Thou the PDC is great. That is a great option, I would have bumped many other cars if I hadn't got the PDC. Good luck man! I hope you find yourself a nice baby!

Quick Reply: Looking for a 530i