E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Long Wheelbase E60

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='450557' date='Jul 21 2007, 07:18 PM
Well over 50% of all 7ers sold in the US are the long wheelbase version.
in HK I think itis over 80%, that why they made the 5er l for China but I dont know if this will be for HK as well.
I find out later. If itis I think this will be a no. 1 seller cos itis much smaller car than 7er and easy to park in carparks
Old 07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='450562' date='Jul 21 2007, 03:27 PM
There are Han, Man, Mong, Hui, Zhang, Miao, Yao, Bai, ZhaoXian peoples that make up a single country.... (Kinda like Europe and its German, French, English, Italian,etc) Hmmm.. I think I've got them all.. not sure though. And the height varies according to geographic and ethnic variables.

Also, I don't quite get that theory of owner-drivers of yours. I have lots of business associates over there driving Ferraris, Masaratis, BMWs, etc and they do know their cars.
No, You did not get all! Here is more than 50 ethnic groups. Because there must be at least 5 milj. people to get "minor nationality" status, many groups fall out of "headlines".

Look for example:

http://www.china.org.cn/e-groups/shaoshu/index.htm

Many cars, even one people drive them, are actually owned by companys, government, army, police etc. I have not drive car here yet, so I'm one who always travel in driver driven car. Stretch Passat etc have really good foot space behind, so bigger is better.

Car IS a big status symbol and people collect all the money what they can get from family, friends, banks etc. to have as flashy car as possible. Cherry QQ can be purchased with about 4000,- US. BMW 530 e60 is about 80 000,- US. Of course Bentleys, Ferraris and Rollers are awailable too.

Skaffa
Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='450727' date='Jul 22 2007, 10:52 AM
No, You did not get all! Here is more than 50 ethnic groups. Because there must be at least 5 milj. people to get "minor nationality" status, many groups fall out of "headlines".

Look for example:

http://www.china.org.cn/e-groups/shaoshu/index.htm

Many cars, even one people drive them, are actually owned by companys, government, army, police etc. I have not drive car here yet, so I'm one who always travel in driver driven car. Stretch Passat etc have really good foot space behind, so bigger is better.

Car IS a big status symbol and people collect all the money what they can get from family, friends, banks etc. to have as flashy car as possible. Cherry QQ can be purchased with about 4000,- US. BMW 530 e60 is about 80 000,- US. Of course Bentleys, Ferraris and Rollers are awailable too.

Skaffa
Damn, I missed those! hehehe Well, at least I got the major ones I think. Oh well.

Yeah, cars are a big status symbol there and here in taiwan as well. come to think of it, i think it's kinda true all over the world. kinda like why girls buy LV's and Gucci's -- guys buy porsches and bmw's. IMHO, of course.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='450579' date='Jul 21 2007, 10:39 PM
in HK I think itis over 80%, that why they made the 5er l for China but I dont know if this will be for HK as well.
I find out later. If itis I think this will be a no. 1 seller cos itis much smaller car than 7er and easy to park in carparks
Actually, nearly 100% of 7er sales in HK is the L version. BMWHK removed swb 7er from their price lists (tho it can be ordered) when the facelifted model came out during 2005. Even tho HK is a small place with narrow roads & parking spaces, nearly all 7ers & S-classes on the road are L version.
The 5er Li will be China only, & it won't be exported anywhere else for the time being.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='450517' date='Jul 21 2007, 02:57 PM
BTW do other place like US & UK have the 7er long base too or is it just Asia, China , Hong Kong, Singapore .......
Both swb & lwb 7ers are available for the major European markets.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clarence' post='451169' date='Jul 23 2007, 07:48 PM
The 5er Li will be China only, & it won't be exported anywhere else for the time being.
So highly they think Chinese markets!! Do anyone know how many prosent of parts are different? Wiring looms to the back of the car, doors, body shell, mats/interior lining, ???

Are the panels made in China or in Germany?

Skaffa
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by clarence' post='451169' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:48 AM
Actually, nearly 100% of 7er sales in HK is the L version. BMWHK removed swb 7er from their price lists (tho it can be ordered) when the facelifted model came out during 2005. Even tho HK is a small place with narrow roads & parking spaces, nearly all 7ers & S-classes on the road are L version.
Sorry what I mean is about 80% of the 7er on the road are L versions in HK
It just done sound right 5erL in China cos as you know Mainland Chinese people like to show off and that when buying a BMW, most will go for the best and dont care if itis good or not, its like a icon to them saying how rich I am, just like the 40 years ago in HK.
So I dont think they will sell that many compare to the 7erL, why buy a small car when there is a big 1.
So itis much better to seel this car in other small places.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='451325' date='Jul 24 2007, 05:11 AM
Sorry what I mean is about 80% of the 7er on the road are L versions in HK
It just done sound right 5erL in China cos as you know Mainland Chinese people like to show off and that when buying a BMW, most will go for the best and dont care if itis good or not, its like a icon to them saying how rich I am, just like the 40 years ago in HK.
So I dont think they will sell that many compare to the 7erL, why buy a small car when there is a big 1.
So itis much better to seel this car in other small places.
Agree the first.

To the second statement I have to say: Money! 7 is almost douple that money of 5.

Skaffa
Old 07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='451334' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:51 AM
Agree the first.

To the second statement I have to say: Money! 7 is almost douple that money of 5.

Skaffa
money is no matter for the China people.
I know a boss who can not drive and has 10 cars 3 of them are BMW 7,M6,X5.
they just like to own the stuff and like to spend, spend, spend
itis a trend for china people, If you got 1 I will get 1 too.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='451309' date='Jul 24 2007, 09:12 AM
So highly they think Chinese markets!! Do anyone know how many prosent of parts are different? Wiring looms to the back of the car, doors, body shell, mats/interior lining, ???

Are the panels made in China or in Germany?

Skaffa

It is not a policy for premium manufacturers to export cars from China. If u're paying so much money for a BMW, u want sth made in Germany (SA is the limit of acceptance, re E90 3er) & not from China. The 5er L version won't sell in big numbers outside China as there'll be overlaps in the product range (i.e. swb 7er & lwb 5er). BMW is in some way forced to make a L version for China as the market leader there is the Chinese-only lwb Audi A6, which is the preferred car for government officials.
I think the Chinese plant (JV with China Brilliance) has it's own bodyshop, & so the stampings are made in China.

Quick Reply: Long Wheelbase E60