E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Logic7

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Nov 13 2004, 08:34 PM
The L7 system is one of the best options I chose for my car.. The sound is sooooo damn good and people always comment when they drive with me that the sound is so nice.

I love it?
[snapback]55762[/snapback]

Same here!!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by golfnut' date='Nov 13 2004, 02:59 AM
I am slightly confused as to the bass/treble controls over the equalizer - does one override the other, I wonder?

[snapback]55644[/snapback]
The bass/treble adjustments increase or decrease either the bass or treble over the entire range or all the frequencies. The EQ however only raises the level on certain frequencies.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

Here's a link to a previous poll/thread that also covers this topic.

Remember, Mr. Search is your friend.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Sans/StreetDreamz,

I love hip-hop...almost got divorced over it (a long story).

Anyway, I have listened to several of my favorite CDs, and the L7 system, without a doubt, sounds perfect. I am 28 and I am past the trunk rattling, wake up your neighbor, disturb the old lady in the next lane bass. That was in the past, and even then, I like for my bass to be sharp and crisp. To acheive that, I had to adjust the bass/treble depending on every song, and in many instances, I had to turn the bass all the way down. I did have an SUV, so the cabin was open adn I had two 12" subs neatly in the back, but it wasn't a perfect system by any means.

In the 5, and the 7, the L7 just continues to shine as tyou increase the volume. No adjustments were made from song to song, and I could feel it, because the cabin is so tight, that all of the sound stays in. Even with the windows down it sounded good. From Jay-Z, to Outkast, to T.I., to Jadakiss (a big BMW fan by the way), to a little Nora Jones, the sound just really impressed me. In a luxury car, you don't want to shake the windows and annoy people, you want to have a smile on your face and have people looking at you (unless your windows are deeply tinted) saying to themselves...I wonder why he's so happy! If the music is about your self-pleasure while driving, the L7 can't be beat. If it is about impressing others outside of the car, then do your best with a different system.

Also, if you go to the dealer, listen to an L7 system and then a stock system, and go back and forth. You will instantly see a difference.

Good Luck...
Old 11-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Nov 15 2004, 09:52 AM
Sans/StreetDreamz,

I love hip-hop...almost got divorced over it (a long story).

Anyway, I have listened to several of my favorite CDs, and the L7 system, without a doubt, sounds perfect.? I am 28 and I am past the trunk rattling, wake up your? neighbor, disturb the old lady in the next lane bass.? That was in the past, and even then, I like for my bass to be sharp and crisp.? To acheive that, I had to adjust the bass/treble depending on every song, and in many instances, I had to turn the bass all the way down.? I did have an SUV, so the cabin was open adn I had two 12" subs neatly in the back, but it wasn't a perfect system by any means.

In the 5, and the 7, the L7? just continues to shine as tyou increase the volume.? No adjustments were made from song to song, and I could feel it, because the cabin is so tight, that all of the sound stays in.? Even with the windows down it sounded good.? From Jay-Z, to Outkast, to T.I., to Jadakiss (a big BMW fan by the way), to a little Nora Jones, the sound just really impressed me.? In a luxury car, you don't want to shake the windows and annoy people, you want to have a smile on your face and have people looking at you (unless your windows are deeply tinted) saying to themselves...I wonder why he's so happy!? If the music is about your self-pleasure while driving, the L7 can't be beat.? If it is about impressing others outside of the car, then do your best with a different system.?

Also, if you go to the dealer, listen to an L7 system and then a stock system, and go back and forth.? You will instantly see a difference.

Good Luck...
[snapback]56403[/snapback]
I'm in total agreement...I just didn't want to assume what StreetDreamz really wanted - just to make sure he knew that it wouldn't be the "rattle-the-bolts-big-bass" system. I don't think it lacks a thing for my listening. I expect to hear the kick drum/bass guitar combo locked and heavy....and I get it at every volume, every time....
Old 11-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

Quality, Quality, Quality

Reproduction of clear, clean sound is much harder than loud pounding sound. Look at the high end speaker systems from custom manufactures and they will all tell you the same thing.

Vehicles are so different than homes, and in my opinion harder to reproduce clear sound. The dynamics of a moving vehicle and outside influences are much harder to manager. The L7 system is by far the best reproduction of clean clear sound I have herd.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.
Arrow

I know it's a longshot but is Logic 7 a possible add-on after delivery? What if I beg the dealer?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Nov 15 2004, 11:20 AM
I know it's a longshot but is Logic 7 a possible add-on after delivery?? What if I beg the dealer??
[snapback]56429[/snapback]
I dont think so! Either get it when you order or leave without
Old 11-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

not a chance