E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

logic System on LCI

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='441158' date='Jun 28 2007, 06:56 PM
The problem here is that we will have to wait until October when enough members have taken delivery of their US spec'd LCIs with L7, that had the pre LCI L7 before the board will agree that BMW have screwed up something (hopefully fixable through software). Perhaps the absense of the CD changer makes for a different package, with inferior components, but clearly all 13 speakers are there, with the same diameters. Lets keep this thread alive. The more I drive, the more un-happy I am with the sound system. As for SAT, what a waste of money. The sound is barely better than AM.

Hey Hormazd... are you going to the Malibu meet? I want to hear your LCI L7 sound system... How big of a difference is it...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='441193' date='Jun 28 2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Hormazd... are you going to the Malibu meet? I want to hear your LCI L7 sound system... How big of a difference is it...
Ya know, I may just come down to share this problem. You pick the CD and lets play it in your car and then mine with the same settings. Get everyone to be the judge. It will be worth it.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='441199' date='Jun 29 2007, 06:38 AM
Ya know, I may just come down to share this problem. You pick the CD and lets play it in your car and then mine with the same settings. Get everyone to be the judge. It will be worth it.

guys... I don't need any poll... I got out from my old 530 and jumped in the LCI, switched on the HIFI immediately... " what the f**K is this?????" that was my reaction... and it's not a matter of source, I played original cds I know very well....

I REALLY REALLY hope is a matter of firmware and to be able to solve it with future updates... anyway I'll write to BMW about this issue
Old 06-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Rutto' post='441761' date='Jun 30 2007, 02:23 AM
guys... I don't need any poll... I got out from my old 530 and jumped in the LCI, switched on the HIFI immediately... " what the f**K is this?????" that was my reaction... and it's not a matter of source, I played original cds I know very well....

I REALLY REALLY hope is a matter of firmware and to be able to solve it with future updates... anyway I'll write to BMW about this issue
Rutto,

I agree with you and hope it is firmware that will be fixed. Since only 3 people are complaining it is important to get the word out. The board is read. More sets of ears will only validate that the problem exists. Maybe they are already aware of the problem and working on a fix. But you and I cannot be sure if its inferior hardware, which would be intentional on BMWs part or just the CIP version that our cars were delivered with. I had the latest CIP 25 with the graphics etc on my 545 before retiring it. I hope this is just a slightly different CIP.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

It sounds like the new speakers are cheaper and inferior to the Pre-LCI L7. I cannot understand how BMW can slide into sloppiness. Hopefully they are not taking us loyal BMW enthusiasts for granted. The black auto tranny filler panel looks like sh1t. Now they substitute an inferior and expensive Logic 7 system in the LCI. Maybe sales are too good and complacency is setting in. Maybe they are moving away from their German heritage and assuming an American, accountant driven approach.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='441199' date='Jun 28 2007, 09:38 PM

Ya... you should. Now I need to figure out when the meet is hahaha
Old 07-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='441839' date='Jun 30 2007, 11:53 AM
Ya... you should. Now I need to figure out when the meet is hahaha
I readily agree with you. I have the 2007 BMW 550, I have noticed the system sounds monotone especially when you switch between fm to Sat radio. The Sat Radio quality is muffed and not as crisp as Fm, MP3 regardless of the bit rates such as 90 vs 320 is also lags in crispness. I went to my dealer and asked to have the system adjusted for more highs but was told it is fine. While he may say that it is fine, to my taste the system sucks. When I was younger and into building my own audio systems with cheap units such as techniques radios, alpine amps and graphic equalizers I know that together they sounded better. Even the old ford Delco audio systems you can correct me if I'm wrong but it even sounded better. What a waste for the logic 7 system. Team BMW please get on this.-Rob
Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 PM
F10
Members

My Ride: 2008 528 Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenon, Fold-down rear seats -- Euro Delivery 7/07

I would suggest that if you are really going to test the quality of an audio system that you do it with commercially pressed CD's. By commercial CD's I specifically mean Red Book standard 44.1k 16 bit CD's. That way you are not listening to an inferior source such as an Ipod playing lossy compressed files or satellite radio or lossy compressed MP3's--all of which are provide lower sound quality than CD's. Ideally I would suggest doing at least some of the sonic testing with well-recorded CD's of acoustic instruments.

In the audiophile world it is well-known that a system can never sound better than the quality of the source which goes into it. And as is well known in high end audio--a higher quality system will be more revealing of the flaws of lower quality lossy compressed audio.

The above are simply general comments. I have not yet A-B'ed the pre-LCI and LCI Logic 7.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by F10' post='442285' date='Jul 1 2007, 03:13 PM
I would suggest that if you are really going to test the quality of an audio system that you do it with commercially pressed CD's. By commercial CD's I specifically mean Red Book standard 44.1k 16 bit CD's. That way you are not listening to an inferior source such as an Ipod playing lossy compressed files or satellite radio or lossy compressed MP3's--all of which are provide lower sound quality than CD's. Ideally I would suggest doing at least some of the sonic testing with well-recorded CD's of acoustic instruments.

In the audiophile world it is well-known that a system can never sound better than the quality of the source which goes into it. And as is well known in high end audio--a higher quality system will be more revealing of the flaws of lower quality lossy compressed audio.

The above are simply general comments. I have not yet A-B'ed the pre-LCI and LCI Logic 7.
It's perfectly possible to play uncompressed audio using an iPod - which also happens to have pretty good onboard DAC's and line out.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by swajames' post='442289' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:41 AM
It's perfectly possible to play uncompressed audio using an iPod - which also happens to have pretty good onboard DAC's and line out.
You are going out of topic...

Here the point is: pre-LCI Logic 7 was ok, LCI Logic 7 sucks!

Quick Reply: logic System on LCI