E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

logic System on LCI

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Before we go on with this is it worth taking a poll to check how many people with Logic 7 feel that the post LCI quality is worse. It could simply be that this guy received a bad apple.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='439609' date='Jun 25 2007, 08:33 PM
Before we go on with this is it worth taking a poll to check how many people with Logic 7 feel that the post LCI quality is worse. It could simply be that this guy received a bad apple.
its simple. Your previous system was played for hundreds of hours and you new system only a short period. The average speaker is sounding better after playing 1OO hours. The material of the speakers need lots of hours to sound perfekt.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='439616' date='Jun 25 2007, 09:01 PM
its simple. Your previous system was played for hundreds of hours and you new system only a short period. The average speaker is sounding better after playing 1OO hours. The material of the speakers need lots of hours to sound perfekt.
I know this very well, but, believe me, I could wait 100 years without having the improvemnt to reach old standards...
Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14
Thumbs up

Before ABC and Rutto decide that the L7 in the LCI is of inferior quality - is it anyone else that experience the same problem?

And, I know that some of you guys have connection within BMW - what do they say?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='439875' date='Jun 26 2007, 01:52 AM
Before ABC and Rutto decide that the L7 in the LCI is of inferior quality - is it anyone else that experience the same problem?

And, I know that some of you guys have connection within BMW - what do they say?
Yes, not only is it inferior but noticeable enough to take the smile off my face. Whereas the Real Time traffic monitoring guided me on surface streets to downtown Los Angeles today, the virtues of the 550 are lost on such a drive and all you are left with is L7.

At first I really thought that it was the use of IPOD and MP3 that was the difference. Its not and I think I figured it out but need help from the experts. Rudy, we need you.

The depth and range of the old L7 is not there any longer. [Edit]It feels like I am missing two speakers. The ones under the front seats. I dont feel the bass the way I used to. There is something different about the sound distribution. I just verified that the speakers are there but their effect is hardly noticeable. Something in the "advanced DSP" is amiss. I hope this gets fixed in a CIP upgrade. [Edit]

Before I fly off the handle and scream at someone, I need my trusted board members to chime in. Unfortunately there are only a handful of LCI owners out there that are upgrading and had L7 before.

logic System on LCI-l7.jpg
Old 06-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='440179' date='Jun 27 2007, 03:03 AM
Yes, not only is it inferior but noticeable enough to take the smile off my face. Whereas the Real Time traffic monitoring guided me on surface streets to downtown Los Angeles today, the virtues of the 550 are lost on such a drive and all you are left with is L7.

At first I really thought that it was the use of IPOD and MP3 that was the difference. Its not and I think I figured it out but need help from the experts. Rudy, we need you.

The depth and range of the old L7 is not there any longer. [Edit]It feels like I am missing two speakers. The ones under the front seats. I dont feel the bass the way I used to. There is something different about the sound distribution. I just verified that the speakers are there but their effect is hardly noticeable. Something in the "advanced DSP" is amiss. I hope this gets fixed in a CIP upgrade. [Edit]

Before I fly off the handle and scream at someone, I need my trusted board members to chime in. Unfortunately there are only a handful of LCI owners out there that are upgrading and had L7 before.
I quote everything except about subs... I hear even too much basses, what's really missing is the distrbution quality of sound.. sometimes it seems to listen to a mono player!!! higher frequencies are missing too...

Hifi is something I care very much about... and, as much I was happy with pre LCI L7, as much I'm disappointed with LCI version...

Few days ago BMW Italy called me for an after-sale survey, I've complained about the L7 and the mismatching wood trims, let's see what they are going to do...
Old 06-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='439547' date='Jun 25 2007, 05:03 PM
I take your point but, unfortunately, it happens all the time.

Take a marketing risk, upset a few, but make mega profit.

ABC
Hi ABC,

Sorry to go off topic for a moment. I see you from your sig that you have the Hi-Fi Loudspeaker System. I have ordered this but never heard it. Would you say there is a reasonable improvement over the basic system?

Thanks

Lancaster
Old 06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Rutto' post='440842' date='Jun 28 2007, 08:00 AM
I quote everything except about subs... I hear even too much basses, what's really missing is the distrbution quality of sound.. sometimes it seems to listen to a mono player!!! higher frequencies are missing too...
I concur there is no depth and breadth.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Contributors

The problem here is that we will have to wait until October when enough members have taken delivery of their US spec'd LCIs with L7, that had the pre LCI L7 before the board will agree that BMW have screwed up something (hopefully fixable through software). Perhaps the absense of the CD changer makes for a different package, with inferior components, but clearly all 13 speakers are there, with the same diameters. Lets keep this thread alive. The more I drive, the more un-happy I am with the sound system. As for SAT, what a waste of money. The sound is barely better than AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

OK, i'm reading through this and no one can confirm if bmw is using lower quality speakers. what brand/model of speakers are in the lci? did any1 take one out and check?

Quick Reply: logic System on LCI