E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7 : it beats!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, this thread is perfect. I don't wanna spend the loot ont he Logic 7 system as i currently have real good aftermarket equipment. I currently have a Zapco Studio 500 and 300 amplifiers. Also have a set of nice Focal Components. The subs are old, but they still sound good, 4-- 12" JL W0 subs. Used to have the Eclipse aluminum cone subs, but they were waaay too heavy for my stang. Now, do the bimmers with the nav have outputs or inputs to hook up aftermarket amps?? I do have a sweet line converter, not those $20 pos ones, this one has adjustments for everything. Well that's basically it, is installing the aftermarket w/o aftermarket headunit gonna be a problem??
Old 05-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

You're going to need a line converter. Are you just adding subs? If so its pretty easy. The battery is in the trunk.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by Little' date='May 23 2005, 04:03 PM
Ok, this thread is perfect.? I don't wanna spend the loot ont he Logic 7 system as i currently have real good aftermarket equipment.? I currently have a Zapco Studio 500 and 300 amplifiers.? Also have a set of nice Focal Components.? The subs are old, but they still sound good, 4-- 12" JL W0 subs.? Used to have the Eclipse aluminum cone subs, but they were waaay too heavy for my stang.? Now, do the bimmers with the nav have outputs or inputs to hook up aftermarket amps??? I do have a sweet line converter, not those $20 pos ones, this one has adjustments for everything.? Well that's basically it, is installing the aftermarket w/o aftermarket headunit gonna be a problem??
[snapback]132437[/snapback]
Yup, you need a LOC, the head unit talks to the factory amps via MOST, no pre-amp output. I'm going so far now as to get an EQ/crossover installed in the pocket hole in the dash and having an extra aux input for my iPod wired directly into it to bypass all the factory crap. I'll still be able to listen to the factory head unit sound if I want (for sat radio, etc.) but 99% of the time I'm using my iPod so I want that sound to be crystal-clear.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I think the Logic 7 sounds pretty good; that is, until I compare it to my $3800 aftermarket audio system in my M3. I have clean sound that is virtually distortion free, and it is like sitting at the concert. My system consists of two sets of Boston Acoustic Zs (5"), and 10" Diamond audio sub, a 600 watt Diamond audio amp for the sub, and a 4x75 watt Diamond audio amp for the component speakers. The stock Harman Kardon system in the M3 was very poor quality.

One of the reasons I have been reluctant to purchase the 5 is the knowedge that it is virtually impossible to have the soound I have now due to i-drive. I will be able to add an amp and the sub, but those Boston Zs are so sweet and I will miss them. Still the prospect of the 360 HP and 360 lb/ft of torque and the comfort and on and on are pulling me very hard.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:30 AM
Members

Well, i actually would like to install my new components as well, which are 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters (Focals). Any have a pic of all the speaker locations of the factory non-L7 speaker locations?? I'd like to know what i can fit in the factory locations and how many there are.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by Little' date='May 25 2005, 06:30 AM
Well, i actually would like to install my new components as well, which are 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters (Focals).? Any have a pic of all the speaker locations of the factory non-L7 speaker locations??? I'd like to know what i can fit in the factory locations and how many there are.
[snapback]133011[/snapback]
You can't fit more than 4" speakers in any of the factory locations. You need to cut (I'll put up pictures of my system again sometime this week).
Old 05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Members

Yes please show some pics and possibly any information you can give me, on what i need to do to the electrical system, How you hooked to the factory head unit, etc.

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='May 25 2005, 02:43 PM
[quote name='Little' date='May 25 2005, 06:30 AM']Well, i actually would like to install my new components as well, which are 6.5" mids and 1" tweeters (Focals).? Any have a pic of all the speaker locations of the factory non-L7 speaker locations??? I'd like to know what i can fit in the factory locations and how many there are.
[snapback]133011[/snapback]
You can't fit more than 4" speakers in any of the factory locations. You need to cut (I'll put up pictures of my system again sometime this week).
[snapback]133136[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='132396' date='May 23 2005, 04:35 PM
I don't think that the HiFi has the two Sub's underneath the 2 front seats...
And the HiFi doesn't have the center speaker in the dash, so there are your
3 speakers i think...

It does have subs under the seats. It doesn't have rear door mid range speakers and the one in the centre of the dash.
Is there anyone still out there on this subject?
I checked w/ dealer on vin number; my 05 530 has HIFI six speaker system; two tweeds- mirror, 4" in frnt the doors, and two 4" rear deck.. No ctr spkr, no rear dr spkr, and no sub under front seats?? After reading this form and others; I was going to order (2) SWS-8 and have a 5chnl amp installed and connected to my stock head feed. Glad I took the time to raise the seat and look (just foam and gadgets) NO subs.

So where is the BASS coming from?

Everyone except me must have this figured out by now!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Sport Sapphire Black

I know I am probably going to get a lot of crap for this but it is true, my 2005 f-150 with audiophile option is definitely better that the L7. The L7 to me is not so hot.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by smoak' post='631269' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:41 AM
I know I am probably going to get a lot of crap for this but it is true, my 2005 f-150 with audiophile option is definitely better that the L7. The L7 to me is not so hot.
I agree... I don't think the L7 is that great either....

I also had a Volvo S60R and the sound quality was FAR superior...

But like a wise man said... To each his own

Quick Reply: Logic 7 : it beats!