E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was looking for a CPO, L7 was one of my requirements. I waited and bought it no regrets. The sound quality is awesome, better than Bose, and close to ML in Lexus. With proper EQ setting, the sound is more than perfect.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

I am also not especially impressed with the Logic 7. I appreciate having an equalizer, but I have a hard time optimizing so I can both understand voices and tune the music to my taste. I'm certainly no expert on sound systems, but the best sound system I've heard was in the Hyundai Genesis. The sound just envelopes you....really nice.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:42 PM
e6t
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='898483' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:59 PM
I am also not especially impressed with the Logic 7. I appreciate having an equalizer, but I have a hard time optimizing so I can both understand voices and tune the music to my taste. I'm certainly no expert on sound systems, but the best sound system I've heard was in the Hyundai Genesis. The sound just envelopes you....really nice.

the system in the genesis is branded by lexicon... the same people that designed the logic7 system in the 5s. the hyundai is the only car besides a rolls royce phantom to have the entire system branded by lexicon.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Originally Posted by e6t' post='898583' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:42 PM
the system in the genesis is branded by lexicon... the same people that designed the logic7 system in the 5s. the hyundai is the only car besides a rolls royce phantom to have the entire system branded by lexicon.
I vaguely remember reading that as well. I should go back and listen again, just to see if it impresses me as much the 2nd time. We should all go just to toy with the Hyundai dealers. Get their hopes up

In any case, I like the BMW packaging so much better
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by dsm' post='495182' date='Nov 16 2007, 08:31 AM
plz tell me wat us is the rms wattage of logic 7. hows the sound and the sub woofers.

Double check and do a search, but there is a diagram or bulletin on the board somewhere that has a layout of the logic 7 system and the power handling, but if I remember correctly the logic 7 system is

40 watts per channel to each speaker and 70w to each of the 2 woofers under the seat.

I dont have the L7, so I upgraded my speakers and amp and it sounds soooo much better, the only thing I wish I had was some sort of equalizers for the varying types of music I listen to.

If I was buying new I probably wouldnt spend the cash on the L7 option, but if I was buying used then I definitely would have tried to find a car with the L7, if I had to do it all over again.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

The power output of the logic7 is 420W

http://www.bmw.co.uk/images/brochures/5_se..._saloon_E60.pdf
Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

Originally Posted by RJH&CO' post='897507' date='Jun 1 2009, 11:07 PM
where in pakistan r u? karachi?
No man im from Lahore.

TY ALL. a very late reply sorry
Old 06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Black Graphite Metallic|Black Options:Sport Package|Premium|Cold Weather|6speed |Logic 7|Active Steering

As mentioned, this is all very subjective, but, that being said, I disagree with everyone that says Logic 7 is "bass heavy". I am amazed at how weak the bass is. I think the base system has more bass than Logic 7, but less clarity. I have a 2004, maybe the newer cars have better bass? I don't know but my bass is almost non-existent. My last car, An Acura, had a standard Bose system that had more bass.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flint' post='902273' date='Jun 5 2009, 09:52 PM
As mentioned, this is all very subjective, but, that being said, I disagree with everyone that says Logic 7 is "bass heavy". I am amazed at how weak the bass is. I think the base system has more bass than Logic 7, but less clarity. I have a 2004, maybe the newer cars have better bass? I don't know but my bass is almost non-existent. My last car, An Acura, had a standard Bose system that had more bass.
I agree with you...mine is an 06 FWIW.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Members

I'm always surprised when I hear that an "audiophile" is impressed with the Logic 7. With all due respect to those who are, I find the system average at best. Mid-bass is ok, but it loosens and drops off sharply as you down. Midrange is closed in, and the highs could be a lot smoother and more open.
In contrast, I spend the same amount as the Logic 7 option($1200) on an aftermarket system for my daily driver. That amount got me a nice amp, replacement of 4 of the 6 OEM speakers, and a 10" sub with box. It's far from the top of the line, but I can honestly say it sounds better in every possible way. I wish everyone here could listen.
Now, I'm not in the car industry, but shouldn't BMW be able to offer much better components for the same amount since they buy in bulk?
I do agree that it's better than the basic stock system in the car. But if I were to do it all again, I'd go straight to an aftermarket system. It's a much better use of money.

Quick Reply: Logic 7