E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

The "quality" of audio equipment is one of those things in life that is so subjective, its tough to really get consensus. We could all line up several premier home stereo speakers and all probably feel very differently. I happen to like several of the sets of Bose speakers in my home, yet many people wouldn't care for them. On the other hand, I've never cared much for the Polk speakers that my brother cherishes.

That being said, I am VERY impressed with the Logic 7. As comparison, I had the "premium sound" DSP system in my last 740iL, and also paid out the ass for the "Premium Sound" in the Infiniti G35 coupe, which was highly touted as a premier Bose system. I thought both sucked in comparison to the Logic 7, and I was smoked that the $1500 Infiniti system was no better than many of the regular stereos in car's I had before with no "optional" packages.

So, is the Logic 7 as amazing as a high end home stereo? No. Is it the best factory system I've ever had? Absolutely.

I will admit that the Mark Levinson 7.1 surround in the new LS460 was truly the most amazing system I've heard when I was in such a car a few weeks ago, but I also thought my Logic 7 was pretty close.

Just my two cents.

- Pete
Old 11-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Members

My 530iA also has the Logic 7 system and for a factory soundystem I actually think it does its job, however I miss the punch in the bass
Fortunately, I just happen to have a 12" JBL GTI bass waiting to be installed in the trunk, just need to figure out the best way of mounting it
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

Originally Posted by dsm' post='495182' date='Nov 16 2007, 10:31 AM
plz tell me wat us is the rms wattage of logic 7. hows the sound and the sub woofers.
where in pakistan r u? karachi?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

How are he BSWs? Those look to be some decent stuff. I don't want to go so far as to make it competition-quality, but something a bit better than my stock.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

how much is it? installed!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I think that the Logic 7 has a very strong amount of bass. However, compared with the 14 speaker Bose unit in my 2006 Infiniti M45, the Logic 7 does not have nearly the same amount of mid and high-range sound or clarity. I think that the Logic 7 needs a center fill speaker on the dash. To me, the Logic 7 is too bass-heavy. I love bass but I definitely want more mid-range and high-end sounds as well.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

so you guys recommand any aftermarket brand to replace L7 sound system if i dont have that package

i was little regret that i didnt get the package, but now i think i can get aftermarket system
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
e6t
Senior Members

the differing perspectives here are very interesting. i have the logic7 in my car and after setting the eq and bass/treble and dsp mode, i am pretty impressed with the overall sound. i am a bit of an audiophile and am pretty hard to please so i'm surprised that some of you dont like it.

the dsp in the car is a technology developed by lexicon to create a wide front image... something that is next to impossible in a car (in my former life, i designed and tuned a national champion iasca soundq+ car) with speakers installed in the traditional locations.

to get a sound system of the quality of the logic7 or better, you'd have to spend many thousands of dollars.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

Originally Posted by e6t' post='897869' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:31 AM
the differing perspectives here are very interesting. i have the logic7 in my car and after setting the eq and bass/treble and dsp mode, i am pretty impressed with the overall sound. i am a bit of an audiophile and am pretty hard to please so i'm surprised that some of you dont like it.

the dsp in the car is a technology developed by lexicon to create a wide front image... something that is next to impossible in a car (in my former life, i designed and tuned a national champion iasca soundq+ car) with speakers installed in the traditional locations.

to get a sound system of the quality of the logic7 or better, you'd have to spend many thousands of dollars.
I too used to manage a high end home/car audio store, and frankly was born into the music industry (parents were pro musicians, and STILL are), and for a stock system I would say the Logic7 in my 06 530i is one of, if not the best stock audio system I have heard.

To the person who said it sounded "tinny", I dont know what to say, I would personally say it was a tad bass heavy at low volume if anything. The system has great seperation, and can get to a more than adequate volume while maintaining the clarity, with even a bit of punch out of the subs.

It flat blows the doors off the bose systems I had in my infinity, and there is NO contest whatsoever between my JBL premium audio package in my 4runner limited and the Logic7, the JBL is very dissapointing.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
e6t
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pantherfan69' post='897961' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:57 AM
It flat blows the doors off the bose systems I had in my infinity, and there is NO contest whatsoever between my JBL premium audio package in my 4runner limited and the Logic7, the JBL is very dissapointing.
no highs, no lows, it must be bose.

i have had to replace every factory stereo (or at least add to it) that i have ever had. i will not do anything to this car.

i agree that the base is a little heavy at low volumes...

Quick Reply: Logic 7