E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 AM
dsm
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Titanium Silver Metallic Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Popular Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close, Heated Steering wheel, Dynamic Drive, Voice commands

plz tell me wat us is the rms wattage of logic 7. hows the sound and the sub woofers.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Don't know the wattage. It sounds good inside the car. Outside the car, it sounds absolutely horrendous! I was detailing my car in the garage last night and thought maybe I'd listen to the radio while I worked. Wrong! It sound SO BAD that I immediately turned it back off. I was actually embarrassed by it, and I was the only person in the garage! And to think, that nasty sound is what other people hear when they pull up beside me is a shame. And it's not like I had it up loud because I didn't. It sounds like I have some $30 Radio Shack speakers in there when listening from outside.

There's a lot to be said for sound deadening material. I might need to add more just to keep people outside the car from suffering from that nasty noise.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

I must say that I am not impressed at all with the sound of the Logic7...

The sound is weak (Tinny sounding) IMHO...

I would think if you installed a seperatly amp powered set of subs it would increase the quality...

The L7 isn't AWFUL.... But I wouldn't call it a "Premium System"

I really tried to give it a shot due to spending the x-tra cash adding the L7 as an option... However, I can not justify the quality for the pricetag...

Just my 2cents
Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='495204' date='Nov 16 2007, 10:51 AM
The sound is weak (Tinny sounding) IMHO...
Funny - I think there's WAYYYY too much bass (I have an LCI).

The Logic7 is the only option I wish I didn't get. It would have been much better to go 3rd party for the audio.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

For the price, the Logic 7 is very good when compared to the standard sound system. It was designed for good sound inside the car, with the windows rolled up... not outside. Most importantly, the system setup is nicely integrated into the iDrive.

If you want a loud system that people outside your car will notice, then your best bet is to buy aftermarket speakers, subs, and amps for much more $$$. Then pay more for sound deadening. Its all up to personal preference.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Depending on where you live, you can get the Individual system. After using it for a couple of months (and being an old, "retired" musician myself I'm more than difficult to please when it comes to Hi-Fi... ) I'm really impressed how much sound and clarity it produces, baring in mind the equipment they've used.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535Xi 2006 X3, wife's car

Another aspect of Logic 7 is the surround processing capability. With Logic 7 engaged, it enlarges the perceived listening environment, providing more envelopment, and I really like that.

There are two modes available. I can't remember the terms used in my car, but in home theater they're called Logic 7 Movie and Logic 7 Music. I use the latter.

Thanks
Bruce
Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

In the car, one DSP is called Concert Hall. I can't remember the other one right now. And then there's Normal. I tried normal for a few seconds (sounded bad) and put it back on Concert Hall and left it. Did the 7-band equilizer adjustments for more natural vocal sounds. Maybe I'll put it back in Normal mode and do the adjustments again. But Concert Hall, of course, gives it a larger sounding field.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='495281' date='Nov 16 2007, 02:00 PM
In the car, one DSP is called Concert Hall. I can't remember the other one right now. And then there's Normal. I tried normal for a few seconds (sounded bad) and put it back on Concert Hall and left it. Did the 7-band equilizer adjustments for more natural vocal sounds. Maybe I'll put it back in Normal mode and do the adjustments again. But Concert Hall, of course, gives it a larger sounding field.
Concert Hall and Theatre
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='495183
I must say that I am not impressed at all with the sound of the Logic7...
The L7 isn't AWFUL.... But I wouldn't call it a "Premium System"
I've heard that the LCI L7s don't come close to the older one's, but in my '04, its superb!

Quick Reply: Logic 7