E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Locked Keys in TRUNK!! CRAPPP

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by d1noo
Guy came out and did the regular wedging the door and opening the door handle and the car opened.
He did what now?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Whewwww, it went way smoother than what everyone else stated. Guy came out and did the regular wedging the door and opening the door handle and the car opened. Then the trunk popped open and I then disabled the alarm with the key just like any other car. Its ridiciolus how even BMW doesnt know their own cars man and people will try to rip you off any chance they get. Lesson learned dont give your keys to anyone
What do you mean "regular wedging the door and opening the door handle"? Can you give us more details on how the "guy" got into the car and what company the "guy" was from (BMW, locksmith, AAA, random bum walking by ) or maybe I read this wrong and the mans name was Guy . Was your door damaged afterwards? It would be nice to know the easiest way to gain entry just in case this happens in the future (although I keep the slinder part of my valet key in my wallet).

Also, member mentioned earlier that he unlocked his car with a stick through the sunroof and you said the alarm would go off in this scenario. Why would the alarm go off if the car is unlocked from the inside? I have done this in the past and the alarm did not sound.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by infin8
What do you mean "regular wedging the door and opening the door handle"? Can you give us more details on how the "guy" got into the car and what company the "guy" was from (BMW, locksmith, AAA, random bum walking by ) or maybe I read this wrong and the mans name was Guy . Was your door damaged afterwards? It would be nice to know the easiest way to gain entry just in case this happens in the future (although I keep the slinder part of my valet key in my wallet).

Also, member mentioned earlier that he unlocked his car with a stick through the sunroof and you said the alarm would go off in this scenario. Why would the alarm go off if the car is unlocked from the inside? I have done this in the past and the alarm did not sound.
They insert a wedge-shaped tool into the top frame of the door ... that creates a small opening (bending the door frame out a bit) so they can slip something in to hook a door handle tap the unlock button. Ordinarily the door frame can take a little flexing but I would not place myself in this situation too many times - our doors squeak enough without any extra help!

In the older body styles (89-92 era) there was a technique using the passenger side door handle ... to get into the car, But, not the newest body styles.

Glad you got into your car and out of this jam!!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Weird, when my car is locked I cannot open it with the door handle or the center console button (tried this by locking myself in). And tbh this is how it should be as it to easy to open otherwise.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Whewwww, it went way smoother than what everyone else stated. Guy came out and did the regular wedging the door and opening the door handle and the car opened. Then the trunk popped open and I then disabled the alarm with the key just like any other car. Its ridiciolus how even BMW doesnt know their own cars man and people will try to rip you off any chance they get. Lesson learned dont give your keys to anyone
i was going to recommend an air wedge. my car locked running at a red light when i got out to drop mail in a box(dont ask) had to wait a few hours for wedge to come through but $50 later and gas burnt it was worth it. Then i bought my own just in case. lol
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

i was going to recommend an air wedge. my car locked running at a red light when i got out to drop mail in a box(dont ask) had to wait a few hours for wedge to come through but $50 later and gas burnt it was worth it. Then i bought my own just in case. lol
Old 06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I have tested my car - If I leave a window down to were I can reach in, I can't open my door or unlock it once it is locked from the outside. If someone were to break a window and climbed in they would have to climb back out!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Members

Yes the regular door wedging and pulling the handle worked on my car, the alarm did go off but then i just pressed the unlock trunk button and it popped open. I guess some cars wont let you do that, test yours by sitting in the car and locking it with the keyfob then unlocking it or opening the trunk, on mine the trunk wont open unless the door gets open and the center button doesnt work until the door is open either.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i M Sport. GPS, Satallite, Active suspension, Silver over Black in color with beige. 68k on the clock. My 10th BMW in forty years.
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 550 Msport

Originally Posted by gonecoastal
Glad you got it resolved quickly but why would the lockout guy charge 250 when most calls are 100 or so. I may need to get AAA again as Ive only got one key and think about every time I go to lock the car. Look down in my hand to triple check that I have the key even though I'm using the remote to lock it. Now onto my search as to why car smelled like it was overheating last night.
This is not meant as demeaning or nasty.
I called a plumber several days ago and stated that it would cost $179.00 to show up. He did because he can. That's how he makes a living.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Hey guys,

I can't get my trunk to open with the following methods:

1. Remote control
2. Trunk button by the driver door
3. Manually inserting the key in the keyhole of the trunk. Why is that not possible!!!???

I really don't want to cut a big hole behind the armrest to remove the whole back rest cushion to fix the problem. Can someone give me a better idea, please?

Thank you,

Daniel

Quick Reply: Locked Keys in TRUNK!! CRAPPP