E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LITTLE DENTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 6 speed

When my wife's car was~ 2 weeks old, we parked on an Interstae rest ares (daughter had to pee). I was sitting IN the car and a big, fat guy parked his monster SUV next to our car and me rammed his door into our car.
I got out and, sure enought, there was a nice dent in our brand new car. I tried to show it to him and he didn't even look. He started yelling at ME for bothering him, he said he wouldn't give a sh... about other peoples' cars etc. I backed off since he was obviously drunk (he smelled awful). So, those are the people that do this.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i silver

There is no sure way to aviod a ding. Parking at a distance and using up two parking spaces is what I usually do if it is not a busy parking lot. If I can't take up two spots Get the Corner Parking spot and drive up close to the kerb / wall so you leave ample space for the monstor SUV with the Cakling Cell Phone Addict (mostly Women nowadays in the U.S). I still ended up with a dent on the rear door of my other car.

I just don't get it. Why is it that every Large SUV I see in our parking lot is driven by a petite woman who doen't car pool? (Maybe she just dropped her six kids of at day care). My friends wife is a terrible driver she bangs into parked cars on a frequent basis and doesn't even realise it untill I point our new paint scrapes / dents on her car. Solution? My friend buys her an SUV. Reason? well you sit high and can see the road better (how about seeing the ends of your own car?). Maybe if Guys would just stop encouraging thier wives to get SUV's. Give 'em bluetooth equipement and small car. Some women are great drivers don't get me wrong. They aren't the ones driving SUV's

The Dept. of Transportation banned the Hummer H2 SUV from using a local bridge because they said it was too wide for the lanes and would damage the bridge. Now if only they would ban SUV's from parking next to BMW's.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by kryptokat' date='Mar 22 2005, 09:46 AM
There is no sure way to aviod a ding. Parking at a distance and using up two parking spaces is what I usually do if it is not a busy parking lot. If I can't take up two spots Get the Corner Parking spot and drive up close to the kerb / wall so you leave ample space for the monstor SUV with the Cakling Cell Phone Addict (mostly Women nowadays in the U.S). I still ended up with a dent on the rear door of my other car.

I just don't get it. Why is it that every Large SUV I see in our parking lot is driven by a petite woman who doen't car pool? (Maybe she just dropped her six kids of at day care). My friends wife is a terrible driver she bangs into parked cars on a frequent basis and doesn't even realise it untill I point our new paint scrapes / dents on her car. Solution? My friend buys her an SUV. Reason? well you sit high and can see the road better (how about seeing the ends of your own car?). Maybe if Guys would just stop encouraging thier wives to get SUV's. Give 'em bluetooth equipement and small car. Some women are great drivers don't get me wrong. They aren't the ones driving SUV's

The Dept. of Transportation banned the Hummer H2 SUV from using a local bridge because they said it was too wide for the lanes and would damage the bridge. Now if only they would ban SUV's from parking next to BMW's.
[snapback]105023[/snapback]
Our neighbor's wife has a Ford Expedition - and NO kids. She drives the thing to work every day and complains about the high gas cost.........
Old 03-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

We always park the car away from all the other cars. Or making a double parking

We only have ONE little dent on the drivers door, which my dad made, by opening the door into something. There isn't any paint damage, so my local paint shop is going to make it disapear, by knocking it out from the inside! They are very good at that!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 22 2005, 05:53 AM
I have always used Dentmaster for this type of ding - they do a fantastic job and you will never know the dent was there (so long as the paint is intact).

It is also fascinating to watch them work - amazing how they do it.

Typical cost is about GBP 50 per panel.
[snapback]104983[/snapback]
Absolutely get 'paintless dent removal' done. It shouldn't cost more than $100, and if the paint is still intact, you will never be able to see the repair - it really is amazing.

I also found that if you always park in a space with a car on either side, you reduce your chances of getting dents! The reason is that people don't dent your car getting into theirs - they dent it getting out. If you park routinely in a garage where people come in the morning and leave at night, this is a great strategy!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

that makes good sence
Old 03-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Originally Posted by kryptokat' date='Mar 22 2005, 07:46 AM

[snapback]105023[/snapback]
While I agree with most of this, I disagree with the part about taking up two spots. If the parking lot gets busy after you park, some d---head might just key your car "to teach you a lesson". I try to avoid parking in busy lots but I try to keep a low profile when I do.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, 301010 !
Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Mar 21 2005, 05:29 PM
[quote name='sj3' date='Mar 21 2005, 06:28 PM']I think usually it's probably small children that do this.? I am so dying to tell you that it's "know" in this context rather than "no."

Sam
[snapback]104773[/snapback]
Oh, don't even start; too many people type like they talk....and it's "their" not "there"...
[snapback]104774[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry about that. I meant to erase this before sending in the post and must have forgotten. Again, my apologies!

Sam
Old 03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

thats cool i sort of write as i speak

Quick Reply: LITTLE DENTS