E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LITTLE DENTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I park the car couple miles away....its the only way to go ....if i ever get the M5 ..il make sure ill have a body guard stand near the car when im out in public to make sure that no one bothers to even get close....
Old 03-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I got my first real dent a couple of days ago, including white paint.
I am soooo pissed, too.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by surgeon' date='Mar 21 2005, 08:17 PM
it is usually the kids.
[snapback]104812[/snapback]
Not in my experience -- it's their mothers. Nowadays, all the so-called soccer moms have large SUVs. When they park the car, they are usually on their cell phone talking and just swing the door wide open (which usually hits the passenger side of the car or SUV parked next to them). If you are really unlucky, they are still talking on the cell phone, so they swing the back door wide open to get the kid out of the child seat (or if the kid is older, then the kid swings the door open b/c they learn it from their mothers).

I was sitting in my e60 waiting for my fiance when one of them pulled up in the space on the right. I honked my horn (which startled her since she was paying no attention to anything but that damn cell phone) to make sure she knew I was in the car. She then opened her door very slowly and carefully to make sure it did not touch my car.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Its both kids and adults... sad thing is I watch people at work do this to other cars... they just fling it wide open and hope that their door will stop before it hits the other car and if not oh wells its stopped now.

Another thing is i see people open the door slowly and rest it against the car next to them while they take junk out rubbing their door against the other persons! Thats why I park FAR FAR AWAY... at work most people who park far are more careful with thier cars
Old 03-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Contributors

Yeah,
In my case, (fortunately not the E60 yet), it's the adults at work that do the dinging. I've been overdue to get a private parking spot but I'm not rushing anyone...I prefer to self-park where I can park tandem, (single-file), versus the private spot where everyone parks parallel. I know I'll eventually get a ding in the parallel spot.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Members

Why can't the city make more street parking available? Most parking is made for people that can only aim between two lines ... at least in So. Cal.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 22 2005, 05:19 AM
Its both kids and adults... sad thing is I watch people at work do this to other cars... they just fling it wide open and hope that their door will stop before it hits the other car and if not oh wells its stopped now.

Another thing is i see people open the door slowly and rest it against the car next to them while they take junk out rubbing their door against the other persons! Thats why I park FAR FAR AWAY... at work most people who park far are more careful with thier cars
[snapback]104880[/snapback]

i always park next to another BM.. failing that, a Merc or Audi.
I've taught my wife these important parking techniques too...
And my kids know all too well how to respect cars!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Mar 21 2005, 06:28 PM
I think usually it's probably small children that do this.? I am so dying to tell you that it's "know" in this context rather than "no."

Sam
[snapback]104773[/snapback]
thats so smug and rude if I was like that I wouldn't dream of saying something like

I am so dying to tell you to take that stick out of your ass

but I have better manners than that so I will never say something like that <_<
Old 03-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

I have always used Dentmaster for this type of ding - they do a fantastic job and you will never know the dent was there (so long as the paint is intact).

It is also fascinating to watch them work - amazing how they do it.

Typical cost is about GBP 50 per panel.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Mar 22 2005, 09:22 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 22 2005, 05:19 AM']Its both kids and adults... sad thing is I watch people at work do this to other cars... they just fling it wide open and hope that their door will stop before it hits the other car and if not oh wells its stopped now.

[snapback]104880[/snapback]

i always park next to another BM.. failing that, a Merc or Audi.
I've taught my wife these important parking techniques too...
And my kids know all too well how to respect cars!
[snapback]104934[/snapback]
[/quote]

When i had a z3Mcoupe i once parked next to an S-class merc - same idea always park near a nice motor... they did't dent my door but the b4st4rd ripped my rear bumper off and dented my ns quarter panel getting out of the parking spot then just got off... you cannot win..

Quick Reply: LITTLE DENTS