E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

LCI PDC sensors on pre-LCI

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Everyone's body shop experience may be different. Without knowing all the details of your order it's just back and forth. Maybe you needed the bumper quickly and Tim sent you what we had and you agreed, maybe it wasn't like that.

Bottom line our body shop locally has installed no fewer than 30 bumpers the way we describe to put larger PDC into a smaller opening. If your shop couldn't do it, our body shop due to their relationship with us is more than happy to talk anyone through it.

You may be unhappy with us for this but I'm sure matt did everything he could to help your situation out professionally.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by umnitza
Bottom line our body shop locally has installed no fewer than 30 bumpers the way we describe to put larger PDC into a smaller opening. If your shop couldn't do it, our body shop due to their relationship with us is more than happy to talk anyone through it.
Since you have done so many, how about you and this body shop you are tight with post some detailed instructions with pics?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

Hey Umnitza your response is lame at best. The parking sensors are very sensitive and expensive about $280.00 each on real oem and $230 quote from my Indy mechanic. They are so sensitive that by getting paint in the wrong places or too much paint they won't work. I put on an aftermarket front bumper and one of the plastic mounting tabs inside the bumper was loose and the sensor moved out of alingnment and wouldn't work. I then had to remove half the bumper to put additional support, foam and duct tape to try to hold the sensor to keep aligned. If the sensor is just a hair crooked it doesn't work! Therefore when you tell a paying customer sorry we sold you the WRONG bumper and then instead of doing the right thing, replace witht the correct bumper, you say just modify, cut whatever "our body shop does it all the time" is F N lame. I personally would never buy anything from you guys after this post and other posts from other with various issues. $280.00 each and you guys tell customers to F with them by removing the outer shell to make them fit? What are you going to do to those that end up destroying them, let's see 4 X 280 bucks is how much? give me a F N break! you guys suck! :thumbsdown: just my personal opinion
Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i 6spd sport Sapphire black...well satin white wrap

Originally Posted by B_Schnell
Hey Umnitza your response is lame at best. The parking sensors are very sensitive and expensive about $280.00 each on real oem and $230 quote from my Indy mechanic. They are so sensitive that by getting paint in the wrong places or too much paint they won't work. I put on an aftermarket front bumper and one of the plastic mounting tabs inside the bumper was loose and the sensor moved out of alingnment and wouldn't work. I then had to remove half the bumper to put additional support, foam and duct tape to try to hold the sensor to keep aligned. If the sensor is just a hair crooked it doesn't work! Therefore when you tell a paying customer sorry we sold you the WRONG bumper and then instead of doing the right thing, replace witht the correct bumper, you say just modify, cut whatever "our body shop does it all the time" is F N lame. I personally would never buy anything from you guys after this post and other posts from other with various issues. $280.00 each and you guys tell customers to F with them by removing the outer shell to make them fit? What are you going to do to those that end up destroying them, let's see 4 X 280 bucks is how much? give me a F N break! you guys suck! :thumbsdown: just my personal opinion
Yeah, I kinda agree since I damaged the first sensor trying to make it fit Next time I'll go the OEM route for sure!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Just don't know how to respond to such an ignorant and insulting post.
First, you didn't buy anything from us - you bought from another vendor as evidenced by your signature. So any issues you had/have don't relate to us at all. Your issues should have been addressed by your vendor, taking your aggression in this post out on us should be directed elsewhere.

Second, since you didn't get anything from us, you have no idea whatsoever the level of advice we provided or didn't provide to the customer. Maybe your customer advice level was crappy, and you are still upset by that.

Third, you have no experience, we literally have hundreds of bumpers in the field and at least 6 of them through circumstances, time/money/other constraints, received the bumpers with larger or smaller PDC holes. And ALL of them have been provided customer support from OUR body shop, call him Mark from Federal Auto Body, on how to properly install them. Further, to my knowledge all installed them with success.

I could go on, but finally, though this is a relatively minor point, but major money, your quotes for PDC sensors are outrageous. If you make a mistake with one of your sensors, in 30 seconds on eBay, I found no fewer than 300+ matches for sensors ranging from $31 for 1 to $250 for all 4. In various colors and sizes. And most applications for sensors are compatible across a whole host of model ranges.

Relax. We're all in this to try to help others out, while we do try to make a profit (we are in business after all) the human element never goes away and we try to help our customers out with viable and "makes sense" solutions.

Originally Posted by Motorcitym3
Yeah, I kinda agree since I damaged the first sensor trying to make it fit Next time I'll go the OEM route for sure!
Hey, if you still have some issues, would like to hear it and see if we can help resolve them.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - Steptronic - Logic 7 - Sirius Satellite - CD Changer - Cold Weather Pkg.- Fold Down Rear Seats - Comfort Seats Mods: Dinan CAI - RPI dual intake scoops - Euro AHL Bi-Xenons - LED Angels,
Model Year: 2004

Umnitza you self righteous p r _ ck ! First of all the fact that I didn't purchase my aftermarket bumper from you was not the point. I was saying that the fact that you did not offer to replace the wrong bumper you sold your customer with the correct bumper that matches the correct size PDC sensors is B S! I mentioned my experience to show how sensitive those sensors are. Next, after my experience putting non OEM parts e.g. bumper that has crappy tabs to hold the PDC sensors in place, I bought a M5 Style trunk spoiler that doesn't fit the contours of the trunk properly so the corners pop up and now I am going to have to try to glue them on vs. the tape, I would only go OEM from now on. Aftermarket parts lead to more headaches and this is a perfect example of that. Therefore for you to suggest buying aftermarket PDC sensor on EBay for 50 bucks or whatever is also B S. Really hey all members on this board what do you think? Should I also buy 50 buck angel eyes as well? If you goto Real OEM they now sell the prepainted OEM PDC sensors and 280 bucks each! So what you are suggesting in prior post to cut off the outer shell to make the larger sensor fit into the smaller holes on the bumper (the wrong bumper you sold) is risking over $1,000 in OEM parts! I have found the non-painted sensors for about 150 bucks but then you have to paint it yourself and then there is a chance you get too much paint on or on the sides where it blocks the signal and then they don't work. You see in America, we Americans don't like to get F cke d! maybe it is ok from the country you are from? When we do, we get word out and now the word is out on you! You claim I am ignorant, F U ! Beware everyone doing business with Umnitza, :thumbsdown: this post is on example there are other that I have read where people have had issues too many issues! I apologize to others on this board for the tone of this post, but this is very upsetting to me to see people getting screwed. It is boards like this one that we rely on to avoid problems. Power to the people!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Umnitza you self righteous p r _ ck ! First of all the fact that I didn't purchase my aftermarket bumper from you was not the point. I was saying that the fact that you did not offer to replace the wrong bumper you sold your customer with the correct bumper that matches the correct size PDC sensors is B S! I mentioned my experience to show how sensitive those sensors are. Next, after my experience putting non OEM parts e.g. bumper that has crappy tabs to hold the PDC sensors in place, I bought a M5 Style trunk spoiler that doesn't fit the contours of the trunk properly so the corners pop up and now I am going to have to try to glue them on vs. the tape, I would only go OEM from now on. Aftermarket parts lead to more headaches and this is a perfect example of that. Therefore for you to suggest buying aftermarket PDC sensor on EBay for 50 bucks or whatever is also B S. Really hey all members on this board what do you think? Should I also buy 50 buck angel eyes as well? If you goto Real OEM they now sell the prepainted OEM PDC sensors and 280 bucks each! So what you are suggesting in prior post to cut off the outer shell to make the larger sensor fit into the smaller holes on the bumper (the wrong bumper you sold) is risking over $1,000 in OEM parts! I have found the non-painted sensors for about 150 bucks but then you have to paint it yourself and then there is a chance you get too much paint on or on the sides where it blocks the signal and then they don't work. You see in America, we Americans don't like to get F cke d! maybe it is ok from the country you are from? When we do, we get word out and now the word is out on you! You claim I am ignorant, F U ! Beware everyone doing business with Umnitza, :thumbsdown: this post is on example there are other that I have read where people have had issues too many issues! I apologize to others on this board for the tone of this post, but this is very upsetting to me to see people getting screwed. It is boards like this one that we rely on to avoid problems. Power to the people!
+100000!

At Umnitza it seems thats its all about them and screw the customer. They told me the same shit, i took a sensor apart like they said and it broke! Guess what i had to pay 187 for a new one at the dealer! Thanks for all the help Matt! And they way the owner treated me in his emails i will never buy a single thing from them ever again . And yeah the mtech rear bumper the sold me the stupid PDC holders that you have to glue on the back fall off so damn easily its a joke, the side skirts are to short, then the front bumper has the small PDC holes when they told me the large was in stock. But hey i guess i should spend the extra money to have a body shop drill bigger holes in the bumper and mount the stupid plastic holders that fall out because they sent me the wrong one. Cheap product, poor customer service.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Gentlemen, please...

Reminder:
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Say what you want to say, but please with "some" respect and without swearing. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Heh...I was just getting ready to place an order this week for a whole LCI M-Tech Kit...guess I better shop around a bit and go for OEM. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 09 550i 6sp M-Tech. 18mm spacers rear, 8mm front. Dinan intake and Stage 2 tune. Tinted tails, M5 OEM lip spoiler. 08 Z4 3.0si Black on Black with Beige top. Removable hardtop. (Hers) 06 Volvo S60R Heavily Modded!! Gone and missed.

Ok so after all of this..... Who has the part number for the small sensors. I tried to remove the outer ring on one of my sensors and broke one too. Rather not drill the holes out and replace holders if small sensors can be found inexpensively on eBay.