E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDC question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the PDC sensors on my car. I am really happy with this feature especially in tight parkingplaces in Holland.

In the appartment building I currently live I have to park my car on the first floor and have to make some tight turns that weren't made for this size car.
First off all I find it anoying that I have to put the sensors on by hand to make them working (not in reverse, then they go on automatically). My dealer told me this is because the pdc would go on everytime I am after another car in a traffic light.

But okay, I put them on by hand. Drive up through a very tight gate and go up to the first floor. Then I have to make a tight turn again but the pdc goes off before I reach the turn and the pdc is beeping like crazy (even if I go really really slow, so it isn't a speed thing). I turn it on again make the turn. Then drive to my parking space pdc beeping and screen showing yellow and red at the front of the car and again it is off before I reach my parkingspot. So I have to push the button to get it on again. I park and that's it.

Leaving from my parkingspot is the same routine again. Pushing pdc three or four times on so I will not hit anything. The danger of this is that I sometimes think it is still on while it is off already.

Is this something the dealer can change or do you have other solutions.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The PDC gets deactivated when driving more than 50 Meters or faster than 30 Km/h. I never heard about the ability to have this adjusted by the dealer.
I don't think there is a solution for your situation other than just switching it on manually all three times...
Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Contributors

I have also had PDC come on while going real slow in the fwd direction. Didn't really read the manual on PDC but I like that sometimes.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I would rather have the option to choose.. What is life without choice??
Old 08-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Senior Members

The PDC should have settings that are adjustable in the idrive.
1) Stay on when moving forward under a selectable speed.
2) Assignable to a steering wheel button
Old 08-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Contributors

That's a good one.. I will assign one of the buttons so I can put it on when I feel like it..

I drive in holland does not give you the option to give settings to pdc (although I think it should!!!)

Thanks for the option Jimbo.. We need people who find solutions to these problems and you jumped in when needed. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 28 2004, 03:44 AM
That's a good one.. I will assign one of the buttons so I can put it on when I feel like it..
I drive in holland does not give you the option to give settings to pdc (although I think it should!!!)

Thanks for the option Jimbo.. We need people who find solutions to these problems and you jumped in when needed. Thanks!
I think you misunderstood Jimbos post.
There are no adjustable settings and you can't program a steering wheel button...
It should be like that, but it isn't...
Old 08-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Contributors

:'( :'( :'( :'(
No sweat dreams for me tonight.... This sucks... Can you put this on you wish list iceman... btw.. it is way to late for you to be on this board
Old 08-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Ice.. your wife called me to ask me if I could ask this for her.. haha
Old 08-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

You are worried about my wife... what about yours ?

Quick Reply: PDC question