E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Memory for Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way to have the car automatically adjust the seats and mirrors by which key is used to unlock or start the car? It properly recognizes the individual key used to set entertainment/volume settings, brightness, etc., but not seats or mirrors.

In fact, I can't find a way except to manually press and hold the 1 or 2 memory button after opening the car. Is this the only way? The manual leads me to believe it should work off key memory too.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Mine does it.

Actually it works like this.

When you shut down the car it memorizes everything. The last setting before you shut the engine down. and when you unlock the car with the key it reverts back to the last setting no matter how it was changed.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VTec' post='296115' date='Jun 12 2006, 03:07 AM
Is there any way to have the car automatically adjust the seats and mirrors by which key is used to unlock or start the car? It properly recognizes the individual key used to set entertainment/volume settings, brightness, etc., but not seats or mirrors.

In fact, I can't find a way except to manually press and hold the 1 or 2 memory button after opening the car. Is this the only way? The manual leads me to believe it should work off key memory too.
Driver's seat and and side mirror positioning (on my software at least) is an IDrive option. From memory it's somewhere in the "central section" (system settings??) of the menu screen

You can choose wherther the moves happen upon unlock or upon door open.

Alternatively your keys should/could also have been programmed by the dealer at new (and colour coded) so that all appropriate settings (including seat and mirror positioning) were linked to each key. Subsequent programming is chageable.

ABC
Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='296260' date='Jun 12 2006, 03:56 AM
Driver's seat and and side mirror positioning (on my software at least) is an IDrive option. From memory it's somewhere in the "central section" (system settings??) of the menu screen

You can choose wherther the moves happen upon unlock or upon door open.

Alternatively your keys should/could also have been programmed by the dealer at new (and colour coded) so that all appropriate settings (including seat and mirror positioning) were linked to each key. Subsequent programming is chageable.

ABC
Thanks much - I had gone through this option (actually it's under Door Locks/Central Locking/Last Seat Pos." - you were close) and had set it to "After Opening Door". I reset it to "After Unlocking" and it now seems to work. Not sure what was going on.

Thanks again!