E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just bought an '08 BMW 550i MSport and already have an IDrive prob

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by m_power
There is a fuse at the back of the CCC drive????!!!! No I did not know that existed. Are you 100% sure?? Thanks!

I will ask the price of the CIC since I'm there.
Yes. It is located at the site of the quadra lock connector

take a look at the picture of the CIC on this link. your CCC fuse is located on the same spot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r9ndy
Yes. It is located at the site of the quadra lock connector

take a look at the picture of the CIC on this link. your CCC fuse is located on the same spot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...fAudioQ5fVideo

Great! Thanks so much for the photo, I will test the fuse tomorrow at the dealership when they remove the CCC. I think the fuse blowing is my last resort, otherwise I'm paying the full cost of replacement.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Great! Thanks so much for the photo, I will test the fuse tomorrow at the dealership when they remove the CCC. I think the fuse blowing is my last resort, otherwise I'm paying the full cost of replacement.
Good luck! I hope it all works out. This forum is a gold mine of great help and resources. Just wanted to say congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forums.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Members

Thanks for the welcome! I think I will be a regular on here from now on.

R9NDY I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I went to another BMW dealership this morning, and it was the fuse that went!!! It only cost me 1.5 hours of labor, and the fuse cost a couple dollars. As soon as I went in to see the Service Manager, I specifically told him I would like to see the fuse tested in front of me. After spending 4 hours at the dealerhsip they finally told me the fuse had gone.

Thanks to all of you for your input, your help cancelled out the other possibilities. The fuse behind the CCC module was my final resort. I did not know it existed until R9ndy pointed it out. I saved $1500.

NOW... The first BMW dealership I went to charged me 2 hours of labor and they diagnosed the car with needing a brand new iDrive system. Should I go back there and request a full refund only, or a full refund and make a complaint?

Thanks so much guys! I owe you one.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for the welcome! I think I will be a regular on here from now on.

R9NDY I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I went to another BMW dealership this morning, and it was the fuse that went!!! It only cost me 1.5 hours of labor, and the fuse cost a couple dollars. As soon as I went in to see the Service Manager, I specifically told him I would like to see the fuse tested in front of me. After spending 4 hours at the dealerhsip they finally told me the fuse had gone.

Thanks to all of you for your input, your help cancelled out the other possibilities. The fuse behind the CCC module was my final resort. I did not know it existed until R9ndy pointed it out. I saved $1500.

NOW... The first BMW dealership I went to charged me 2 hours of labor and they diagnosed the car with needing a brand new iDrive system. Should I go back there and request a full refund only, or a full refund and make a complaint?

Thanks so much guys! I owe you one.
That's awesome. Great job Randy.

I'd definitely go back to the first dealer and squeeze something out of it even if it's just credit or goodwill for the next visit.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Glad it all worked out!

Yes, you should contact the first dealer and see if they would refund or at least give you credit for a future visit. It can't hurt to try. Just remember to be respectful about it. I doubt they were intentionally trying to screw you out of money. It may have just been something a newer tech may have overlooked.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Members

Ugghh... Another problem. I received the car from the dealer this afternoon and started up the car on 3 occasions. The iDrive worked well without any problems --I used the radio and nav system.

On the 4th attempt, my iDrive is attempting to boot, and the monitor displays the "BMW" start up screen. It attempts to boot into the main menu, but then gives up, turns off, and starts the cycle all over again. This happens repeatedly every 2 minutes.

I tried restarting the car a few times, and tried the 3 finger reboot a few times, and still, I'm having problems with the software booting up. Is there anything I can do to get it to boot up? Maybe disconnecting the battery terminal for a few minutes and retrying after that?

I don't want to go back into the service department. They kept me there for 4 hours today just to change the fuse. This is frustrating.

Help out once more guys, lol....
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Members

I tried disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for an hour and then restarting iDrive. Still unsuccessful.

I don't understand how the iDrive could work for a couple hours, and then not boot up after I left it parked for a couple of hours.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Members

I'm guessing they are going to re-install/update the iDrive software. Anyone know how many hours of labor that is?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

full car software update should be costing you labour of 1 to 2 hours max, this is full car, not just CCC. Just CCC could be cheaper but I doubt any discount may be made on this. CCC takes the longest.

Not sure you might want to try warranty here (if still left) as it has been only worked by dealership and the problem coin caused was blown fuse.

Quick Reply: Just bought an '08 BMW 550i MSport and already have an IDrive prob