E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Just bought an '08 BMW 550i MSport and already have an IDrive prob

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished checking all the fuses relating to the iDrive system and any of the other accessory components that are not working. All the fuses seem to be working. No luck there.

I drove around the car for an hour today, I'm pretty sure the battery is fully charged as well at this point. I will replace the battery in the Comfort Access key soon.

Is there another way to reset or reboot the idrive system other than holding the two eject buttons and the power button? Anything else that comes to mind aside from replacement of the computer module?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Members

I just checked all the fuses on the entire car just incase I missed something. All of them are working. :thumbsdown:

Are there any other ways to reboot the idrive, to get it to turn on?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Sadly the only ways to reset the iDrive were already mentioned. Might be of little comfort but maybe you can now upgrade the iDrive to the new 2010 version? A glint of hope in a otherwise depressing situation?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Members

Thanks for the idea, but I've heard the new iDrive would require an updated screen with higher resolution and a new controller as well. I've seen on other forums it's about $3500 for the upgrade. I just bought the car, so I doubt I'd want to add any more expenses to the list.

Speaking of which, I'm taking the car to another dealer one last time on Tuesday to double check if the diagnosis of the CCC requiring replacement is the same.

One final batch of questions, do you guys know what would be an ideal price for replacement of the CCC module? What about the cost of labor as well? In addition, do I get a 2 year warranty for the iDrive replacement?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

As far as I know all BMW parts installed by them have a two year warranty. KEEP your bills as proof even though their computer keeps a record. Some parts may be pro-rated but I'm not sure. Don't think labour is covered.
Maybe others can confirm.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Members

Thanks! A two year warranty would be great. I just need to figure out what a typical repair bill for something like this would be.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

did you try checking the fuse located on back of the CCC drive?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much dealer is asking for CCC replacement? I bet dealer price will be very close to aftermarket CIC retrofit. Alternatively you might want to buy used CCC from ebay and get aftermarket programming done it may be a relatively cheaper option.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by r9ndy
did you try checking the fuse located on back of the CCC drive?

There is a fuse at the back of the CCC drive????!!!! No I did not know that existed. Are you 100% sure?? Thanks!

I will ask the price of the CIC since I'm there.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AI001
How much dealer is asking for CCC replacement? I bet dealer price will be very close to aftermarket CIC retrofit. Alternatively you might want to buy used CCC from ebay and get aftermarket programming done it may be a relatively cheaper option.

Thanks! I just found instructions on another forum regarding the fuse on the CCC. I hope this is the problem! Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: Just bought an '08 BMW 550i MSport and already have an IDrive prob