E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Colours

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I really like my beige interior I would have preferred the seat backs /door cappings and carpets to be black. I was at my local dealers at the weekend and really liked the lemon interior although was not thrilled at the exterior colours of the 3 E90 demo models supplied by BMW UK to the dealer. The worst was Monaco blue which did not even look like metallic and was reminiscent of the "doom blue " favoured by reps in the 1980's.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Mark-Yorkshire' date='Mar 18 2005, 02:54 PM
Although I really like my beige interior I would have preferred the seat backs /door cappings and carpets to be black. I was at my local dealers at the weekend and really liked the lemon interior although was not thrilled at the exterior colours of the 3 E90 demo models supplied by BMW UK to the dealer. The worst was Monaco blue which did not even look like metallic and was reminiscent of the "doom blue " favoured by reps in the 1980's.
Mark-Yorkshire
[snapback]103396[/snapback]
The Beige with black does exist. I saw a pic in Total BMW magazine. The top of the dash, centre armrest and door armrests are black. Looks great! The car is a LHD so may only be available in Germany.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Senior Members

Merv,

The pictures you have seen must have been of a car with an Individual interior - most likely champagne or caramel. This is the only way you can get a two tone effect with these colours direct from BMW. Check out the German website configurator and you will see they have the same colour options as they UK.

My father bought a 530d a few weeks before I took deliver of mine in silver grey with black cloth and had it retrimmed in beige leather to give the two tone black/beige look you describe. He didn't like the 5 and traded it in for a 7 within a couple of months. So someone out there has a unique 5 in the UK.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Mar 19 2005, 04:34 AM
Merv,

The pictures you have seen must have been of a car with an Individual interior - most likely champagne or caramel. This is the only way you can get a two tone effect with these colours direct from BMW. Check out the German website configurator and you will see they have the same colour options as they UK.

My father bought a 530d a few weeks before I took deliver of mine in silver grey with black cloth and had it retrimmed in beige leather to give the two tone black/beige look you describe. He didn't like the 5 and traded it in for a 7 within a couple of months. So someone out there has a unique 5 in the UK.
[snapback]103663[/snapback]
Thanks ISUK,
You're right the pic I saw isn't beige, I've just had a closer look.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 19 2005, 03:59 AM
[quote name='ISUK' date='Mar 19 2005, 04:34 AM']Merv,

[snapback]103663[/snapback]
Thanks ISUK,
You're right the pic I saw isn't beige, I've just had a closer look.
[snapback]103666[/snapback]
[/quote]

That picture shud be with truffle brown leather.Nice colour anyway and shud be less headache to clean.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 17 2005, 11:54 PM
IMHO the black, grey and beige interiors look a tad bland, especially the doors! If you choose Auburn you get 2 tone auburn/black on the doors which I think looks great. For example I think the grey interior would look much better with black, similar to auburn scheme. I have chosen the black interior for my next car, purely for ease of maintenance, but again I think its too much and needs a blend of dark grey and black. I have chosen the light poplar wood which should really stand out and hopefully break up the black a little bit. Don't get me wrong I love the layout and quality.

Does anyone else think the same or is it just me?
[snapback]103029[/snapback]
Merv, I see your picture and it looks unusual to me: the colour is more akin to truffle braun and not what you call "auburn" (kastanien braun in original BMW literature); auburn has a distinct "reddish" hue that is lacking in the picture posted.

Moreover, the dah trim is dark poplar wood but the trim of doors handles is aluminium!
Strange combination, is it standard?
Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 19 2005, 07:03 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Mar 17 2005, 11:54 PM']IMHO the black, grey and beige interiors look a tad bland, especially the doors! If you choose Auburn you get 2 tone auburn/black on the doors which I think looks great. For example I think the grey interior would look much better with black, similar to auburn scheme. I have chosen the black interior for my next car, purely for ease of maintenance, but again I think its too much and needs a blend of dark grey and black. I have chosen the light poplar wood which should really stand out and hopefully break up the black a little bit. Don't get me wrong I love the layout and quality.

Does anyone else think the same or is it just me?
[snapback]103029[/snapback]
Merv, I see your picture and it looks unusual to me: the colour is more akin to truffle braun and not what you call "auburn" (kastanien braun in original BMW literature); auburn has a distinct "reddish" hue that is lacking in the picture posted.

Moreover, the dah trim is dark poplar wood but the trim of doors handles is aluminium!
Strange combination, is it standard?
[snapback]103697[/snapback]
[/quote]

The picture was taken from the USA BMW web site and was the picture that came up after I selected Auburn. It may be the light that makes it look a different colour.
My car has Maple wood and aluminium handles. This was the standard trim on early UK models. My dealer told me that BMW didn't have the technology to bend the wood for handles at launch (I smell bullshit somewhere) I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the aluminium trim.