E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Interior Colours

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

IMHO the black, grey and beige interiors look a tad bland, especially the doors! If you choose Auburn you get 2 tone auburn/black on the doors which I think looks great. For example I think the grey interior would look much better with black, similar to auburn scheme. I have chosen the black interior for my next car, purely for ease of maintenance, but again I think its too much and needs a blend of dark grey and black. I have chosen the light poplar wood which should really stand out and hopefully break up the black a little bit. Don't get me wrong I love the layout and quality.

Does anyone else think the same or is it just me?
Attached Thumbnails Interior Colours-0453_lcrk_438.jpeg  
Old 03-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

Yeah, i totally agree, i'd always choose black because its easy to maintain. Especially around the doors and foot wells. I like beige interior, and think its looks great with the black doors (like in your picture). But I am pretty sure that it is only available (beige and black) with individual. Only the auburn has black as a non-individual choice. You can get black panels on the new e90 though.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

Same here - black is my first choice for interiors of these cars based on that fact that it's my every day driver and it will stay cleaner looking longer. I actually like the wood contrast as it helps pop it a little - I do wish the headliner black though. I'm in the minority on grey, it often looks like pleather to me...
Old 03-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Members

Good call on the replacement ride.. black is safe..

I once saw a blue 330ci convertible at my dealers with the sort of blood red trim at about 1000gbp below forecourt value at that spec.. he directly attributed this to the trim colour and said there are only really 3 safe colours - Black, Beige and Grey .. all else in my local dealers eyes devalued residual..

I had a blue XJ8 with light beige piped blue which looked great.. shame the car was tr4sh.

David
Old 03-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Members

I agree with you... two toned interiors look so upclass! The individual colors are amazing! Wish they had them in the US!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Members

My Ride: E39 525d, orient blue with beige interior. Planing on getting an E60 535d next summer when my lease on my E39 is over :)

Hey Merv the Derv, what colors are the seats on the picture you posted?? is this an individual color?
Old 03-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

Originally Posted by ghassane' date='Mar 17 2005, 09:51 PM
Hey Merv the Derv, what colors are the seats on the picture you posted?? is this an individual color?
[snapback]103103[/snapback]
It's called Auburn...not a BMW Individual colour.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by alpineweiss' date='Mar 17 2005, 06:24 PM
[quote name='ghassane' date='Mar 17 2005, 09:51 PM']Hey Merv the Derv, what colors are the seats on the picture you posted?? is this an individual color?
[snapback]103103[/snapback]
It's called Auburn...not a BMW Individual colour.
[snapback]103111[/snapback]
[/quote]

Auburn? thats my color!

Ya BMW does need two tone. thats why I got auburn.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Members

Well I have to chime in on this one...I was curious if the top of the door sills could be ordered in a contrasting color. I know in the E39 this was possible. Now on the e60 it is not possible. I agree the doors look dull. An alternate color would look good and would help carry the dark dashboard color throughout the cockpit. Also I have always admired the use of contrasting colored piping on some Jaguars and Benzs. Subtle looking. I would not mind that on my upcoming 550. Don't think it will happen any time soon though!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Contributors

To me two-tone means two colors. The interior already has the light grey roof liner so contrasting leathers makes it tri-colored. Add a contrasting wood and it gets very busy, not to mention the metallic accents. Look at it as fashion, would you wear thos three colors together - not to mention the wood and the metal accents? Subtlety like accent piping in a Jag or the subtle cross-stitching in an Audi TT are nice. Again, just a preference from a guy with a Bauhaus closet of blacks, greys and whites.

Quick Reply: Interior Colours