E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Increase wheel spin in the cold

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Have you guys seen this post/thread? http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry481260

I especially like this one, as I caught him in a lie. "He doesn't have a camera and is technically challanged" now that he is redwhiteblue, but when he was sleepyca31, he knew everything and even owned a camera to take pictures of his car. This of course, came when others started getting angry at him and when people asked him to prove he actually had an E60. Funny how those pictures came up quite fast, yet still nothing when we asked him to show pictures of his supercharger now that he's member redwhiteblue.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Ha!! Good stuff C... You make quite a detective.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

I actually had a decent camara phone-one of those sony phones that was a 3.2 mp cybershot camara incorporated into a phone however it was stolen months ago. Last time I decided to invest 500 into a cell phone so went with a basic cheap 2nd hand razor at the rate I lose and get phones stolen hence this has no camara. I also dont own a seperate digital camara.

So good job Mr. C bimmer-you caught me in a lie your right haha. ANd get a life bro. Do you troll threads I make with legit questions just to try to act like a detective-get something to do with your days. YOu are knocking me when it was you who needed 5 threads to get the balls to put an intake filter into your car-ya you are the real man here.

Anyway I wasnt bashing anyway simply saying I had all-season tires not summer tires. Second I was not asking anyone IF there was an increase in engine power-I know there is. I also know there is wheel spin due to colder surface. However I was asking which of the 2 explained the wheel spin more so than the other-simple question
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='481553' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:31 AM
So I was noticing as the temps have been in the low 50s that I easily spin my wheels compared to when it is warm out. I also notice hugely increase in performance of my car so that made me wonder. Is the increase or ease of wheel spin in the cold due to the increase in power/torque produced from much colder air or is it the tires and ground are not as warm adn therefore not as "sticky"? I am sure it is a combo of both but was not sure.

Does anyone else notice how much better performance is in the cold?
+1
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='481845' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:15 PM
I actually had a decent camara phone-one of those sony phones that was a 3.2 mp cybershot camara incorporated into a phone however it was stolen months ago.
Sure it did. Where are those pix of your supercharger? Borrow a friends camera, if you don't have one. Wait...you probably don't have any friends.

Just wondering, but being that you recently moved from the West Coast to Ohio for Psychiatry School, are you the doctor or the patient? I would assume based on your writing skills, it's that latter of the two.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

PICS of s/c or BAN!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='481845' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:15 PM
Anyway I wasnt bashing anyway simply saying I had all-season tires not summer tires. Second I was not asking anyone IF there was an increase in engine power-I know there is. I also know there is wheel spin due to colder surface. However I was asking which of the 2 explained the wheel spin more so than the other-simple question

Damn....I really would like to know where you got your degrees. Our medical community and patients are in real jeopardy if you speak in the tone in which you write.

If you were banned before, why are you back?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='481845' date='Oct 15 2007, 02:15 PM
Why the hell do you care? Are you going to get different tyres or a different engine when you find out?

Or do you have nothing better to do with your time than ask totally banal questions?

If this is the best question you can come up with about your beemer then you don't deserve to be on this forum, never mind owning one.

What a sad little individual...
Old 10-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='481781
<snip>

sleepyca31/redwhiteblue, let's reverse roles here and pretend for a minute that I'm the doctor (even though I'm not one)...

Although it was widely known that you were posting under a new name here, you were doing fairly well up until you posted the last two sentences of the first quoted post above (shown in red.)

Now lets reflect for a minute...

You were banned from here once, you went over to BF and were banned from there at least twice, maybe three times. You've been banned from other (non car related) forums too. Do you see a pattern here? I do. What's common is that you seem to never be trolling or trying to create problems on purpose -- you instead seem to be trying to discuss things that are of interest to you (and possibly others). Other people engage in a discussion about whatever it is you're trying to talk about but things usually turn ugly because you end up saying things like the stuff in red above. When you do that, you instantly change the dynamic of the discussion from a friendly one to an adversarial one. Not only do you become defensive but you put others on the defensive and things just get ugly. Once it escalates to that point, you end up getting banned.

If you would have omitted those last two sentences, I guarantee you that things would have stayed civil and the discussion could have continued -- as long as you refrained from going personal in other posts. I realize you think that you were just trying to make a point and you weren't trying to insult anyone but clearly you continue to do so unintentionally. If you have to keep explaining what you were saying and have to keep trying to clarify your intentions, maybe you need to think a bit more before pressing the "add reply" button. Try re-reading your entire post before submitting it. Don't assume that the reader will understand your points precisely -- instead, read it as if you were the intended recipient that is unable to read your mind. Also, after taking these precautions, if you do end up insulting someone by accident, instead of trying to justify what you said with a new post, a simple apology might go a long way in rectifying the situation. In the past, your attempts to clarify, justify, or apologize usually ended up being even more insulting.

Again, it's clear to me that you enjoy talking about your car with the online community since you keep attempting to return under new names. Hopefully you'll take the "doctor's" advice and really try to reel-in some of your emotion when you post things. Believe it or not, doing so might even help you out in the real world with face-to-face conversations, relationships, etc.

In conclusion, before posting, ask yourself if what you want to say contributes to the discussion constructively or simply adds fuel to the fire. Count to ten and think. Sometimes the best posts are the ones that aren't posted at all...

Now if I'm wrong and you're intentionally trolling or trying to get yourself banned, then you are doing a fine job! It won't be long before you are banned again!!

Only time will tell -- good luck!

P.S. - If you're wise, you'll fight the urge to reply to this post. It's not necessary. Just read it a few times and go do it. If you're successful, it'll show in your posts. If you're not, then you'll be shown the door again...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='481559' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:39 AM
colder air makes your engine perform better because the air molecules are denser - squeezing more o2 in the same volume of air for the engine to mix with fuel. with my new free flowing exhaust, the effect of temp on my car's sound/performance is even more extreme.

tires have more grip at higher temps. that's why you see f1 cars swerving left and right before the start to warm up tires and why drag racers do burnouts up to the starting line to warm up tires.

does this apply to diesils?

Quick Reply: Increase wheel spin in the cold