E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

idrive question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey up

I wonder if anyone has the answer to this?

90% of the time I like to have my nav map displayed on the left of the screen, rotating to show my direction of travel, and on the right my road position. Is there a way I can get idrive to use this as my default setting when I start the car? I've been digging through the menus but I can't find a "default screen" setting.

Anyone know a hack for this?

cheers

Shi
Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Aug 11 2005, 07:14 AM
Hey up

90% of the time I like to have my nav map displayed on the left of the screen, rotating to show my direction of travel, and on the right my road position. Is there a way I can get idrive to use this as my default setting when I start the car? I've been digging through the menus but I can't find a "default screen" setting.

cheers

Shi
[snapback]158235[/snapback]

It's not there. The one thing you can do is 'hold' the position you're interested in and it will return you to that position. For example, I like the Sat radio in the big window and perspective in the small window. If I go to communications to make a call, when I'm done with the call, I Hold the iDrive all the way down in the entertainment position to get it back to the way it was. You may have already know that, and it certainly isn't a solution to your question!

James
Old 08-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Aug 11 2005, 12:14 PM
Hey up

cheers

Shi
[snapback]158235[/snapback]

Not sure on the left screen, but on the right screen, you can default it to show the style of the map you want, I currently default it to perspect view on the right screen. Everytime I start the engine, I only have to go in to one of the menu (which is showing on the left screen) but the map style will always stay the same. Otherwise it will jus stay on the menu screen.

Not really 100% answering your question but I hope it helps.

Mario